Author Topic: The Calm Before the Storm  (Read 18232 times)

Offline PUCKNRUSH

Re: The Calm Before the Storm
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2019, 11:59:47 PM »

I had a few run ins with cops in my youth where my rights were trampled, though not near as bad as your expience. I'm very conflicted on how cops were able to act this way years ago. It was a gross violation of the rights of citizens, yet I have no doubt it prevented a lot of future crime by scaring the crap out of the youth of the era. I'm willing to bet actual money that things like that prevented far more crime than today's cops that just arrest people for petty crap with no lectures/scare tactics.

Sorry Alta, I must’ve missed this one earlier.
Anyway, it is funny, when I reflect on the incident, that although by today’s standards, the cops behavior, that night, would be regarded as abusive, and certainly a violation of search and seizure rights, I drove off feeling quite lucky, and felt I was actually given a break! LOL!

I hardly gave a thought as to how “I” got treated that night. Two reasons, I guess, looking back on things.
One is that the whole societal tolerance to “marijuana”, back then, was still very low. The use of it wasn’t viewed with anywhere near the casualness that it is today.  There was no decriminalization yet in any of the major cities.

Secondly, my loving mother, was also somewhat strict with the discipline, and had given out of few good mouth washings, with soap, to my brothers and I when we were younger.
So the ashtray thing, although catching me a little off guard, didn’t strike me as that out of the ordinary. LOL (go figure).

I also agree wholeheartedly with the last part of your post, where although the cops took “liberties”, that violated rights sometimes, it also must have helped teach, intimidate, or scare/shock, many an impressionable youngster, into being less likely to “cross that line again”!
This, obviously was the greater good!

Rush

“Wheels within wheels, in a spiral array.
 A pattern so grand and complex.
Time after time, we lose sight of the way.
 Our causes can’t see their effects”
            RUSH: from “Natural Science”

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »
.    This media grab is just pathetic

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #402 on: September 19, 2019, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey? :-)
« Reply #403 on: September 21, 2019, 09:00:49 PM »
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
  -- William Colby (Former CIA Director, 1973-1976 - from Dave McGowan's 'Derailing Democracy: The America the Media Don’t Want You to See (2000)')

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #404 on: September 22, 2019, 02:53:58 PM »

🤣🤣. Candice will fuck a bitch up!!!

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #405 on: September 25, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »
Fuck the Dems.   The have gone for Radical Left to Radical Retard

Well played Mr. President!

Online alta

• I don't swing that way
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
  • all y'all are ghey
« Reply #406 on: September 25, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »
The democrats really stepped in it this time, I think this is worse that the fake Russian collusion bullshit
Knowledge is knowing that the Tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn't include it in a Fruit Salad

"Oh bother" said Poo, as he chambered another round

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #407 on: October 08, 2019, 06:12:11 PM »
My Dad and I have been working on this collage for almost a month.
He has posted it on AOL about ten times over the last two days under various screen names and it never survives more than 3-4 minutes without being deleted. Now they are banning his screen names too.
Tell me what you think. Click on image to enlarge. Right-click to save.

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
  -- William Colby (Former CIA Director, 1973-1976 - from Dave McGowan's 'Derailing Democracy: The America the Media Don’t Want You to See (2000)')

Online alta

• I don't swing that way
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
  • all y'all are ghey
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »
Since Joe Biden has never been a lobbyist, isn't this a bribe? No wonder he's scared of Trump..

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/press-conference/617936.html
Knowledge is knowing that the Tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn't include it in a Fruit Salad

"Oh bother" said Poo, as he chambered another round

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2019, 06:05:19 PM »
Since Joe Biden has never been a lobbyist, isn't this a bribe? No wonder he's scared of Trump..

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/press-conference/617936.html

This ball of corruption the Dems are covering up with the help of a complicit media is WAYYYYYYYYYY larger than almost anyone can imagine. This is why they've been rabid against Trump since before his election. I say Dems, but many RINO's involved, many of whom have bowed out already.

The Storm is soon upon us.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #410 on: October 14, 2019, 07:02:54 PM »
Project Veritas finally released the CNN Zucker video earlier today.

Worth a watch even though we all knew already this was the reality.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2019, 07:28:27 PM »
This is pretty funny and well done.