Author Topic: GDT #4 Caps at Devils @ 7pm  (Read 365 times)

Offline waynerivers

Re: GDT #4 Caps at Devils @ 7pm
« Reply #60 on: Sunday October 20, 2024, 02:28:24 PM Eastern »
This has been like a scoring eruption compared to last year.  Still need to tighten the defense some but it's been a nice start.  Wilson has surprised.  He looked washed up last year.

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #61 on: Sunday October 20, 2024, 07:29:25 PM Eastern »
Really happy with this game and the new guys.

Mangiopani - this guy can skate!  Love his energy and aggressiveness.
Duhamme - love him!  Works hard, skates well, has some skills and dropped the gloves and did well!
PLD - hasn't scored but looks good. Hopefully he will be physical and have more of an edge.
Chickrin - was luke warm on him, but he had a great game and I think we are gonna love him!

This season could go from hoping for a good lottery pick to pretty interesting.

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #62 on: Sunday October 20, 2024, 07:59:34 PM Eastern »
I would note one thing about the start of this season.

The competition has not been shabby thus far.  We've played three teams, we are 3-1, and the record of those 3 teams in their other games so far has been 12-2-2.

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #63 on: Sunday October 20, 2024, 10:11:23 PM Eastern »
Im not sure what happened in the 3rd to make us look so slow/tired? 1st time we've been out skated all year, imo. But yes, we definitely look competent!! Not getting lucky wins or bailed out all the time by the goalie. We're playing better than our opponents!! Hope it keeps up!!

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #64 on: Monday October 21, 2024, 03:44:05 PM Eastern »
Im not sure what happened in the 3rd to make us look so slow/tired? 1st time we've been out skated all year, imo. But yes, we definitely look competent!! Not getting lucky wins or bailed out all the time by the goalie. We're playing better than our opponents!! Hope it keeps up!!

I watched the interview with Carbs and he pretty much said the same...they were completely gassed and just hanging on last 1/2 of 3rd period...they all knew it.
Caps got a little luck early in OT to hang in then the dagger by Big Willy....Yay for us.

I know its only game 4 but I have not felt this good about the team since....hell I dunno.  They have some talent that competes, got younger, faster...
If they can get PLC to truly be what they need him to be (ahem a top 4 Center), and the lines gel a bit more, they could really compete with most teams.
Easy to say at this point, but I like what Carbs is doing with the team.
3rd line needs...something...a Center maybe? :-).  IF McMike wasn't doing so well at 2LW, I think we would have already seen him at 3C
Give it a few games of us scoring only 1-2 a game and the sky will be falling again, and time to blow up the team again  :snicker:
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK