Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

The dedicated boredom thread for bored boardees... even Rich

<< < (196/198) > >>

Mickstix:
You went to Dominion and saw Bobby? How'd he run? It didn't exist when I was a Virginian. Looks pretty cool though. I guess that's where they relocated Old Dominion Speedway? I grew up at Old Dominion, before they tore it down and built townhouses.  :raised-eyebrow:

The nextgen car is a mess.. Xfinity car is the perfect current stock car. Has the composite body so fenders don't cut down tires, has actual wheels/tires that can sustain oval racing and the aero is fine. And they still look like race cars. They put on the best show every week. Been that way for a couple years now. Nascar will either have to rethink the aero (difusers, underbody, etc) on the nextgen or up the horsepower substantially for them to work on short tracks. Goodyear needs to go to work on tires that wear/falloff as well. It's too bad they barely test or practice and have to figure all that out during the races this year.

Heard they have a new tire for Texas this week. Will see if it makes any difference as the racing at Texas has been particularly bad recently. Wouldn't hold my breath.

richkrt99:
Nats are 42 games back with a 51w, 96L record.  They will definitely lose 100+ games this year.
15 games to play....they prolly Lose 105 games easy.

The Orioles lost 115 games in 2018, so ....

Ooh.  Fah.

:yawn:

alta:
Nationals:
2008: 59-102
2009: 59-103

in 2008 the Nats had a rain makeup game scheduled at the end of the season against an equally bad team and league decided the game wasn’t necessary

I have not been to Dominion since it was moved to Thornburgh. I was kinda disappointed they only made a 1/8 mile drag strip at the new location. What’s the place like?

Chara and P.K. Suban have announced their retirements.

Mickstix:

--- Quote from: alta on Tuesday September 20, 2022, 09:43:46 PM Eastern ---
I have not been to Dominion since it was moved to Thornburgh. I was kinda disappointed they only made a 1/8 mile drag strip at the new location. What’s the place like?

--- End quote ---

Right? I "think" you need about 3k feet of asphalt for a 1/4 mile track? From looking at google, it looks like they'd have enough room. I'd of had the designer figure it out. Not sure how in cahoots they are with VMP, but their NHRA contract can't last forever. A 20+ year newer, premier speedway they got to build from scratch, I'd of went after the NHRA license and event, at some point.. (Of course Im baked and money is no object)  :snicker:

richkrt99:

--- Quote from: Mickstix on Tuesday September 20, 2022, 11:23:53 PM Eastern ---......
 I'd of went after the NHRA license and event, at some point.. (Of course Im baked and money is no object)  :snicker:

--- End quote ---

I think maybe half-baked would be more accurate  :raspberry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version