Author Topic: GDT#29 Capitals @ Blue Jackets 7p.m. Sat Dec 8, 2018 NBCSWA, FS-O  (Read 23786 times)

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
Re: GDT#29 Capitals @ Blue Jackets 7p.m. Sat Dec 8, 2018 NBCSWA, FS-O
« Reply #80 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:04:26 PM Eastern »
Lines have been updated and are correct.

I also did a cool effect on the photo of Ovie holding up the cup. It's at the top of the OP.
Okay.  I've scrolled over the fabulous picture, but nothing happens.  Is it supposed to move.
Great picture btw.   ;)
I am

Online Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #81 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:13:30 PM Eastern »
Can we forbid Carlson from ever doing that drop pass on the PP?

I don't know why they don't change it up and have the 2 wings get a head of steam and the center guy dump it in. If they hold you up it's interference. Could alternate or something, then the other team wouldn't know exactly what they're about to do.

Online Mickstix

• Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #82 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:17:41 PM Eastern »
Okay.  I've scrolled over the fabulous picture, but nothing happens.  Is it supposed to move.
Great picture btw.   ;)

He added an effect/filter to it.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #83 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:35:01 PM Eastern »
Great picture btw.   ;)

It's not meant to move.  ::) That was a normal photo that I made to look like a surreal painting. It's a Washington Capitals Fan Forum original. I used some REALLY old tools I had to do that. I like it so much that I'm tempted to paint it just like that with oil paints on a canvas.
Nighty night Lil
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #84 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:35:58 PM Eastern »
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #85 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:38:12 PM Eastern »
It's not meant to move.  ::) That was a normal photo that I made to look like a surreal painting. It's a Washington Capitals Fan Forum original. I used some REALLY old tools I had to do that. I like it so much that I'm tempted to paint it just like that with oil paints on a canvas.
Nighty night Lil
AHA!
Obviously I didn't see/connect to the original.Briliant painting!  GO  /AJ!

I am

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #86 on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 11:55:54 PM Eastern »
AHA!
Obviously I didn't see/connect to the original.Briliant painting!  GO  /AJ!

Here's the photo I used. I added the virtual painting effect and then adjusted sharpness, softness in different areas and boost the color, trying to keep Alex and the cup a little more real than the rest.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Online Mickstix

• Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #87 on: Sunday December 09, 2018, 08:45:01 AM Eastern »

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #88 on: Sunday December 09, 2018, 03:14:42 PM Eastern »
A couple interesting observations in this game. We have been credited with a total of 1 hit through 2 periods. That's unheard of. No one can say we aren't soft.
   And I noticed Seigenthaler took Orlovs spot in the pk.

Yes, Columbus should have been pounding us from the beginning. Without Wilson and Orpik, we may be the softest team in the league.

Seigenthaler is interesting, but I am afraid he is just another under-sized defenseman - another Djoos

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #89 on: Sunday December 09, 2018, 03:17:52 PM Eastern »
Oh, Im ready for some Jaskin/Stephenson contributions too..

You got it from Jaskin.  I have liked him all year. Plays with a lot of effort and has just been snakebitten on goals.

I have been disappointed in Stephenson.  I had hoped he would really ramp up the offensive efforts and would be a 20+ goal-scorer.  He seems to be content to just be a good all around player and doesn't show the killer instinct I would like.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #90 on: Sunday December 09, 2018, 06:40:40 PM Eastern »

You got it from Jaskin.  I have liked him all year. Plays with a lot of effort and has just been snakebitten on goals.

I have been disappointed in Stephenson.  I had hoped he would really ramp up the offensive efforts and would be a 20+ goal-scorer.  He seems to be content to just be a good all around player and doesn't show the killer instinct I would like.
Goals are about the last thing on Stevensons list to be concerned about, and rightfully so. He has to much real work to do that most of this roster can’t

He and Nick are now the only solid 200 ft regular players we have DCorps included.  Without Boyd there’s Willie, Oshie, and Jaskins that are serviceable and generally effective, but that’s about it.

Stevenson is VASTLY under untilized and suffers from the “CAREER 4TH Liner” brand on his forehead that the Caps gave him, which puts him in Beagles role of “clean up the Eurotrashs Trash 4th line”.

But hey, with the 100ft offensive skill players Bura, Ellen, and Connolly on pace for around 15 goals each this year,(with 3 ‘top6’ missing major time btw), Stevenson will have start cleaning that mess too

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #91 on: Sunday December 09, 2018, 10:08:54 PM Eastern »
Goals are about the last thing on Stevensons list to be concerned about, and rightfully so. He has to much real work to do that most of this roster can’t

He and Nick are now the only solid 200 ft regular players we have DCorps included.  Without Boyd there’s Willie, Oshie, and Jaskins that are serviceable and generally effective, but that’s about it.

Stevenson is VASTLY under untilized and suffers from the “CAREER 4TH Liner” brand on his forehead that the Caps gave him, which puts him in Beagles role of “clean up the Eurotrashs Trash 4th line”.

But hey, with the 100ft offensive skill players Bura, Ellen, and Connolly on pace for around 15 goals each this year,(with 3 ‘top6’ missing major time btw), Stevenson will have start cleaning that mess too

I agree. I see him settling into a Beagle-like role. While Beags was my favorite player though, I always thought they didn’t coach/push him enough to score more goals. I don’t want Stephenson to just be a good defensive player. I think he has the skills to score more without sacrificing defense.

Maacoshark

« Reply #92 on: Sunday December 09, 2018, 11:34:50 PM Eastern »

I agree. I see him settling into a Beagle-like role. While Beags was my favorite player though, I always thought they didn’t coach/push him enough to score more goals. I don’t want Stephenson to just be a good defensive player. I think he has the skills to score more without sacrificing defense.
    I'm not sure I like how they are using Stephenson. When his line is in the offensive zone he is almost always the first forward back. Sometimes he is even back before the dmen. Is that on Stephenson or is it coaching. I also dont like him on the Eller line. He plays better on either the 2nd or 4th line.
     Since I am talking about the 4th line I'd like to see them get more ice time.

Offline KitFisto

« Reply #93 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 07:11:03 AM Eastern »
I've never heard Tortorella this dejected about any of his teams.

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1071603392428957696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Guy is a jerk off. He knows he's going to be asked legitimate questions and he still acts like a douche time and again. Why not just take the fine and not show up when to the presser when you lose instead of being a baby?

Online Mickstix

• Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #94 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 11:42:43 AM Eastern »
He's a tool..  :rofl:

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #95 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 03:33:17 PM Eastern »

Yes, Columbus should have been pounding us from the beginning. Without Wilson and Orpik, we may be the softest team in the league.

Seigenthaler is interesting, but I am afraid he is just another under-sized defenseman - another Djoos

Huh??  "Another undersized defenseman" is the LAST way I'd describe Siegenthaler.  He's listed at 6'3" and 206.  Until last year he was playing at about 230, but the organization told him in no uncertain terms that he had to lose weight to pick up quickness.  This is another way that the organization is evolving with the NHL on the fly -- when they drafted him, Siegenthaler was pictured to eventually be a physically large defensive defenseman -- he weighed about 220 when they drafted him. But the evolution of the game forced them to change him if he was going to have the best chance to be a regular defenseman in the NHL.  Same with Bowey.  When he was in juniors/the minors, he was originally pictured to play at 210 - 215 pounds, but now they've (and by "they've" I mean the organization) settled on 200 or slightly less as his playing weight.  And even Bowey said before last year that he felt quicker playing at the lower weight.

Online richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #96 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 05:57:56 PM Eastern »
Just in case anyone is still confused:

con·demn

/kənˈdem/

verb
past tense: condemned; past participle: condemned

express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure.

:wackysmile:
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #97 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 06:34:36 PM Eastern »

Huh??  "Another undersized defenseman" is the LAST way I'd describe Siegenthaler.  He's listed at 6'3" and 206.  Until last year he was playing at about 230, but the organization told him in no uncertain terms that he had to lose weight to pick up quickness.  This is another way that the organization is evolving with the NHL on the fly -- when they drafted him, Siegenthaler was pictured to eventually be a physically large defensive defenseman -- he weighed about 220 when they drafted him. But the evolution of the game forced them to change him if he was going to have the best chance to be a regular defenseman in the NHL.  Same with Bowey.  When he was in juniors/the minors, he was originally pictured to play at 210 - 215 pounds, but now they've (and by "they've" I mean the organization) settled on 200 or slightly less as his playing weight.  And even Bowey said before last year that he felt quicker playing at the lower weight.
Quicker to turn the puck over and watch the other team score?

Ot get a concussion after someone who didn’t loose power targets them, or choke-slams them on the head?

Or, try to be a bad ass thinking they can fight, and leave coveted blodd?

Maacoshark

« Reply #98 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 07:26:35 PM Eastern »

Extra weight isnt a bad thing if the majority of that extra weight is muscle. Siegenrhaler dropped around 25 pounds but I guarantee he didnt lose 25 pounds of muscle. His weight actually is decent for an NHL dman. I'd still like to see him gain some strength though.
     To me its more about strength than weight. I'd still prefer if we had a guy is 2 like Shea Weber.

Offline 4 Caps

« Reply #99 on: Monday December 10, 2018, 09:15:29 PM Eastern »
Based on today’s practice it appears that Djoos and Bowey will be the third defensive pairing tomorrow night against Detroit.