Author Topic: GDT#28 Capitals @ Coyotes 9p.m. Thu Dec 6, 2018 NBCSWA, FS-A PLUS  (Read 27665 times)

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
GDT#28 Capitals @ Coyotes 9p.m. Thu Dec 6, 2018 NBCSWA, FS-A PLUS
« on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 05:01:41 PM Eastern »
               :capslogolarge:

Game 28:  33-15-9-3 (PTS-W-L-OT)
  Thursday December 6, 2018   Washington Capitals @ Arizona Coyotes
  Place:  Gila River Arena
  Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
  TV: NBCSWA, FS-A PLUS
  Radio: 106.7 The Fan, Capitals Radio 24/7
  NHL.COM for Live Box Score
  Last Game: Tue December 4 Capitals Lost 5-3 against Golden Knights
  Next Game: Sat December 8, 7:00pm ET Capitals @ Blue Jackets

:spacer50pix:  8-Ovechkin :spacer50pix: 19-Bäckström :spacer50pix: 65-Burakovsky
:spacer50pix: 13-Vrana :spacer50pix: 92-Kuznetsov :spacer50pix: 10-Connolly
:spacer50pix: 18-Stephenson :spacer50pix: 20-Eller :spacer50pix: 25-Smith-Pelly
:spacer50pix: 23-Jaskin :spacer50pix: 26-Dowd :spacer50pix: 72-Boyd 
:spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   6-Kempny :spacer50pix: 74-Carlson
:spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   9-Orlov  :spacer50pix:  2-Niskanen
:spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 29-Djoos :spacer50pix: 34-Siegenthaler
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix:   1-Copley (starter)
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 70-Holtby

-- SCRATCH --         
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 43-Wilson. (upper body, day-to-day)
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 77-Oshie (upper body injury, day-to-day)
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 22-Bowey

-- INJURED RESERVE --         
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 44-Orpik (Knee Surgery, 3-5 weeks before return)
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix:

-- 1st Powerplay Unit -- 
    :spacer50pix: 10-Connolly     :spacer50pix: 19-Bäckström     :spacer50pix: 92-Kuznetsov
    :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 8-Ovechkin     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 74-Carlson

-- 2nd Powerplay Unit --         
    :spacer50pix: 13-Vrana     :spacer50pix: 20-Eller     :spacer50pix: 65-Burakovsky
    :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:  2-Niskanen     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 9-Orlov

:spacer50pix:  Referees:   Kendrick Nicholson (#30),    Dan O’Rourke (#9)
:spacer50pix:  Linesmen:   Scott Driscoll (#68),    Bryan Pancich (#94)

Coyotes LINEUP
     Alex Galchenyuk - Nick Schmaltz - Clayton Keller
       Richard Panik - Derek Stepan - Christian Fischer
    Mario Kempe - Brad Richardson - Vinnie Hinostroza
       Lawson Crouse - Nick Cousins - Josh Archibald

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Kevin Connauton
              Jakob Chychrun - Niklas Hjalmarsson
                Alex Goligoski - Jordan Oesterle

Adin Hill (Starter)
                       Calvin Pickard

Scratched: Conor Garland, Ilya Lyubushkin
         Injured: Antti Raanta (lower body), Darcy Kuemper (lower body), Michael Grabner (eye), Jason Demers (lower body), Christian Dvorak (upper body)

1st Period
04:48  Coyotes GOAL Fischer, assist Stepan   1-0 ARI

2nd Period
05:27  GOAL 13-Vrana, assists 10-Conolly & 92-Kuznetsov   1-1 TIE
06:59  Coyotes GOAL Crouse, assists Cousins & Oesterle   2-1 ARI
16:00 GOAL 2-Niskanen, assists 72-Boyd & 1-Copley   2-2 TIE

3rd Period

15:18 GOAL 65-Burakovsky, assists 2-Niskanen & 9-Orlov   3-2 WSH
19:57  EN GOAL 8-Ovechkin, unassisted   4-2 WSH

FINAL:    4-2 WSH

By Neil Greenberg December 4 at 9:50 AM
‘Reaves targeted him the entire game,’ but he won’t face suspension for Tom Wilson hit

Alex Ovechkin is continuing his blistering goal-scoring pace into his 30s, a rarity for NHLers. (Patrick Smith/Getty Images)

Tom Wilson is helped off the ice by teammates John Carlson and Chandler Stephenson after suffering an apparent head injury Tuesday in Las Vegas. (Stephen R. Sylvanie/USA Today)

LAS VEGAS — Vegas Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves slammed into an unsuspecting Tom Wilson in the second period of Tuesday night’s game, and the force of the check caused the Washington Capitals forward’s helmet to pop off, with Wilson then hitting his head on the ice as he fell to the ground. Wilson had to be helped to the Capitals' bench by two teammates, and he was unsteady on his feet even as he tried to make his way down the tunnel to the team’s locker room. He was ruled out for the rest of the game with what’s believed to be a concussion.

Coach Todd Reirden said Wilson will travel with the team for its remaining two games on this road trip, but he didn’t have an update on Wilson’s condition beyond that.

[Tom Wilson injured by an illegal hit during Capitals’ loss to Golden Knights]

“Reaves targeted him the entire game,” Reirden said. “You could hear it on every faceoff. You could hear the things that were being said. It’s a blindside hit where an unsuspecting player hits his head on the ice. That’s disappointing. You could put two and two together, but he targeted him the entire game, so you can figure that out from there.”

Reaves was assessed a five-minute major for interference as well as a game misconduct and was ejected, and the late, blindside hit renewed the Capitals' occasional frustration with the NHL Department of Player Safety. That body decided Wednesday that Reaves would get no supplemental discipline for the hit.

Players didn’t call for Reaves to be suspended, but they also expressed confusion over what’s a legal check and what’s an illegal one, indicating the department has been inconsistent. Wilson has been suspended four times, the last of which caused him to miss the first 16 games of the season, and as Washington has had three players go down with concussions in the past month, there hasn’t been a suspension doled out in any of those episodes.

While the hit from Reaves on Wilson was certainly late and worthy of the infractions assessed on the ice, Reaves made contact with Wilson’s shoulder, not his head, and interference is rarely deemed suspension-worthy without head contact. Wilson’s head injury was caused by contact with the ice, not Reaves himself. It was not unlike an incident involving Wilson two games ago, when his hit on New Jersey Devils forward Brett Seney caused him to be ejected from the game. The check was ultimately not deemed suspension-worthy because, while it was late, the primary contact was through Seney’s shoulder.

“Who knows? Who knows anymore? I don’t think anyone knows what’s going on anymore, so we’ll see,” Capitals forward Brett Connolly said after Tuesday’s game, a 5-3 loss for Washington. “It goes both ways. Obviously, there’s hits that we’ve made, some guys on our team, that have resulted the other way. But it has to be consistent, or there’s no way the players are knowing what’s right and wrong. We’re trying our hardest as players to understand it. It’s still a physical game. There’s going to be hits. It’s just a matter of trying to figure it out and know what’s going on. But it’s a tough call.”

Just three weeks ago, Capitals forwards Evgeny Kuznetsov and T.J. Oshie both suffered concussions in the same game against the Winnipeg Jets. Kuznetsov was clipped in the head by defenseman Brandon Tanev, who was penalized for an illegal check to the head on the ice, but the Department of Player Safety didn’t suspend Tanev because Kuznetsov changed his position before the hit, which was believed to contribute to the contact. Josh Morrissey’s body slam of Oshie warranted a fine for unsportsmanlike conduct, but a similar play between Vancouver’s Elias Pettersson and Florida’s Mike Matheson led to a two-game suspension for Matheson. The differences in the two plays were that the puck wasn’t in the area when Matheson tossed Pettersson down to the ice and that hit had more of a retaliatory element to it.

It was Oshie’s fifth career concussion, and while he is not on this road trip with the Capitals, he has started to skate back in Washington, an encouraging sign after he missed the past nine games. Kuznetsov missed six games before returning to the lineup on Friday night.

With Oshie out, an injury to Wilson would leave the Capitals without their two top right wings. Going into Tuesday’s game, Wilson had scored eight goals with six assists in his first 10 games back from his suspension, playing on the top line and both special teams units. His return to the lineup had boosted the Capitals, who won eight of those 10 games.

“I don’t think any of us in here have any clue what the player safety department bases anything off of anymore, so that’s something that’s completely out of our hands,” goaltender Braden Holtby said Tuesday. “You know, that’s hockey. I think there’s been a lot of complaining about that stuff. We grew up loving a game that’s hard-nosed and you have to be tough to play it. I think that’s how Tom plays as well. That’s hockey. … It was a physical game, and I wish we’d see more games like that. Unfortunately with the player safety department, it’s taken away from that.”

Said Reirden: “That’s something I don’t really want to get into. I think we’re at point where that’s not a good thing, when players are feeling that way. I know that’s something we’ve got to figure out, but to comment any further, I think the league is working on it. It’s definitely not in a perfect spot right now because there’s a lot of situations that can be conflicting either way.”

Injured Tom Wilson misses morning skate, will not play against Arizona Coyotes   

During Tuesday’s bout with the Vegas Golden Knights, Tom Wilson took a blindside hit from Ryan Reaves in the second period and did not return due to a likely head injury.
Wilson, whose injury status was described by the Capitals as day-to-day, traveled with the team to Arizona, but did not take the ice for the team’s morning skate and is officially out of the lineup for tonight’s game.
Andre Burakovsky was promoted to the top-line right-wing spot, and Pheonix Copley will get the start.
Brett Connolly has taken Wilson’s spot on the first power play unit. Wilson was a gap-stop for TJ Oshie, who has been out nine games with a concussion.
This marks the 17th game Wilson has not played in this season. The other 16 were due to suspension.
Wilson has 14 points in 11 games, including eight goals — fourth most on the Capitals.

« Last Edit: Thursday December 06, 2018, 11:33:26 PM Eastern by ArJunaZ »
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT#28 Capitals @ Coyotes 9p.m. Thu Dec 6, 2018 NBCSWA, FS-A PLUS
« Reply #1 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 05:50:34 PM Eastern »

:lmao: Burka on the top line?  8-0

Well at least this game should boost our PP stats with this PP2 lineup:
                 -- 2nd Powerplay Unit --         [/size]     13-Vrana[/b]     10-Connolly[/b]     65-Burakovsky[/b]       2-Niskanen[/b]      9-Orlov

[/b]
We should decline ALL penalties the Coyotes are called for tonight.  OR can we just ask them to halve it to a 1 min PP? :wackysmile:

This second PP unit might just be subject to some defensive weaknesses.

Geez Louise, this game could be ugly.  Sure hope  Copely brings his A+ game tonight.  He's gonna need it.

Like the fourth line though.  They could be tough to play against. Think I would leave Smith Pelly on the fourth, move Boyd to second line and Connolly to third line.  (and have the 4th line get plenty of minutes!)

Go Caps!

[/size][/font]
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 06:12:37 PM Eastern »
:lmao: Burka on the top line?  8-0

Well at least this game should boost our PP stats with this PP2 lineup:

-- 2nd Powerplay Unit --         
13-Vrana     10-Connolly     65-Burakovsky       2-Niskanen      9-Orlov

We should decline ALL penalties the Coyotes are called for tonight.  OR can we just ask them to halve it to a 1 min PP? :wackysmile:
This second PP unit might just be subject to some defensive weaknesses.
Geez Louise, this game could be ugly.  Sure hope  Copely brings his A+ game tonight.  He's gonna need it.
Like the fourth line though.  They could be tough to play against. Think I would leave Smith Pelly on the fourth, move Boyd to second line and Connolly to third line.  (and have the 4th line get plenty of minutes!)

Go Caps!

Sorry, I was still updating some of the lines. Connolly got moved to PP1 and Eller takes his place on PP2.
Also, trying to quote some of the stuff in the GDT OP is going to be troublesome. I have a ton of formatting code in those posts and they won't take kindly to being partially quoted as you can see.  I don't even create or edit the GDT OP in this editor directly. I do it in a text file and when i'm done I paste it in.

Here, I'll attach today's GDT file if you want to see what I mean.

Alta, you should probably grab this in case you want to use it to post the GDT if I should go down like last year with the flu. Once it gets posted this forum compresses everything making it VERY difficult to edit.

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #3 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 06:45:44 PM Eastern »
Sorry, I was still updating some of the lines. Connolly got moved to PP1 and Eller takes his place on PP2.
Also, trying to quote some of the stuff in the GDT OP is going to be troublesome. I have a ton of formatting code in those posts and they won't take kindly to being partially quoted as you can see.  I don't even create or edit the GDT OP in this editor directly. I do it in a text file and when i'm done I paste it in.

Here, I'll attach today's GDT file if you want to see what I mean.

Alta, you should probably grab this in case you want to use it to post the GDT if I should go down like last year with the flu. Once it gets posted this forum compresses everything making it VERY difficult to edit.

Thanks Alta.  Let me translate that into...um, a less technical version of what you said for the benefit of us less tech-minded folks (Don't worry Lil, I won't single you out)  ;)

Blah, blah, blah.  Blah blah.  Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah....blah blah blah.  Giberish, Giberish, blah blah blah.  Blah, blah, blah.  Blah blah.  Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah....blah blah blah.  Giberish, Giberish, blah blah blah.  Blah, blah, blah.  Blah blah.  Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah....blah blah blah.  Giberish, Giberish, blah blah blah.

By the way.  Thanks for posting the GDT threads man.  We techie bottom feeders enjoy the group, but have no idea how the hell it's done, but we sure do appreciate being here.

Go Caps

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Maacoshark

« Reply #4 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 06:47:05 PM Eastern »
  Not happy about Bowey being scratched. It should be Djoos being scratched.

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #5 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 06:50:27 PM Eastern »

Agreed.  I meant to comment in my first post.  Is Bowey maybe dinged or just sitting?  I think he is one of the bright spots this year.
Although, I will admit Djoos has played better than I expected this season, but I just can't get past his featherweight size.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #6 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:11:01 PM Eastern »
Geez, I did not realize I was talking to my 90-year old mother-in-law.  ;)
Was it that bad?
 :huh:

Basically, cutting and pasting or partially quoting a formatted post can he hazardous to your post formatting.

:P

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #7 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:25:11 PM Eastern »
Yea, I don't get why they're allergic to scratching Djoos.. They like him, apparently..  :wackysmile:   Would rather see Siegenthaler and Bowey.

Try to catch up with all around 10pm.. Hope it's still a close contest at that point!

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #8 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:25:21 PM Eastern »
Geez, I did not realize I was talking to my 90-year old mother-in-law.  ;)
Was it that bad?
 :huh:

Basically, cutting and pasting or partially quoting a formatted post can he hazardous to your post formatting.

:P

No.  It wasn't that bad. (I was mostly wondering what Lil would think of it)  ;D
But thought I would acknowledge we aint near on the same computer savvy, you and I.

Seriously though, thanks for the threads man.
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:28:07 PM Eastern »
LOL.
 :lmao:
My wife just came in and told me I could crank my music back up and that she was finished meditating and about to cook dinner. So I cranked it up.
What I did not have a heart to tell her was that I never turned it down when she asked me to earlier before she meditated.
It's all a mental and control thing with women. They just love to complain.

This is not the first time this has happened.  I was chuckling inside as she was thanking me for "turning it down earlier". Am I a bad guy for getting a kick out of this every time?  As is often the case it wasn't even loud to begin with. If it is loud I will turn it down.

She has learned not to ever ask that while hockey is on though. :uh-huh:

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:29:29 PM Eastern »

Seriously though, thanks for the threads man.

Thanks.  It's my pleasure!

Maacoshark

« Reply #11 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:30:38 PM Eastern »
LOL.
My wife just came in and told me I could crank my music back up and that she was finished meditating and about to cook dinner. So I cranked it up.
What I did not have a heart to tell her was that I never turned it down when she asked me to earlier before she meditated.

This is not the first time this has happened.  I was chuckling inside as she was thanking me for "turning it down earlier". Am I a bad guy for getting a kick out of this every time?  As is often the case it wasn't even loud to begin with. If it is loud I will turn it down.

Maybe we should let her on on the gag

Maacoshark

« Reply #12 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:41:02 PM Eastern »
I assume you guys have heard the rumors of Reeves signing a photograph showing him and an injured Wilson down on the ice. I dont believe for a second that this actually happened. People trying to stir the pot.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #13 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 07:46:28 PM Eastern »
I assume you guys have heard the rumors of Reeves signing a photograph showing him and an injured Wilson down on the ice. I dont believe for a second that this actually happened. People trying to stir the pot.
I can't think of anyone else that I might believe did that, but I have no trouble believing Reaves did that. Did you him circling Wilson laying on the ice and laughing at him?  You can be sure he's proud of that.  I really hope we see them in the playoffs.

ETA
Ryan Reaves is a guy that deserves the reputation Tom Wilson has unfairly received. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. While I agree the hit on Wilson was within the rules there is no doubt that Reaves was looking to hurt Wilson. I was pissed off early in the game when the refs broke the p[air up when they were about to drop the gloves. That would have calmed it down and the injury probably never would have happened. Reaves was just pissed at losing the chance at the Cup last season. He's just a FAT classless player that ONLY has his 270lb. lard ass to throw around because he certainly has little in the way of skills.

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #14 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 08:05:49 PM Eastern »
It could be counterfeit, but there's definitely a pic of Willy on the ice and Reaves in the foreground, and it's "autographed".. He's a chump either way. Professionals don't yap about "Lions in the jungle" bullshit when the other guy got helped off the ice and was obviously hurt. Especially after it was your cheap, late, blind, predatory hit that did it.. You at least pretend to be human, at that point..

Offline 4 Caps

« Reply #15 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 08:09:33 PM Eastern »
Bowey had a tough game against Vegas, took a penalty and got beat on another play so I am not surprised he is sitting.  Coaches seem to have more confidence in Djoos and I think he for the most part has played well.  It would help if he could put on a few more pounds. 

Maacoshark

« Reply #16 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 08:29:22 PM Eastern »
Bowey had a tough game against Vegas, took a penalty and got beat on another play so I am not surprised he is sitting.  Coaches seem to have more confidence in Djoos and I think he for the most part has played well.  It would help if he could put on a few more pounds.
    So what if Bowey had a tough game. Orlov and Niskanen have had about 20 tough games.
      Bowey is still a better option than Djoos. Djoos is fine with the puck but isn't very good without the puck. Biggest issue is that he loses every single battle on the boards. He is afraid oif contact.

Offline alta

• I don't swing that way
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
  • just say no, to socialism
« Reply #17 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 08:39:02 PM Eastern »
LOL.

It's been my experience that women will say something like that out of spite when they know you didn't do as asked, even with a pleasant tone of voice. They then file it for latter when something of similar sacrifice is asked of them, and the response is you bet honey
Knowledge is knowing that the Tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn't include it in a Fruit Salad; Philosophy is wondering if a Bloody Mary counts as smoothie

"Oh bother" said Poo, as he chambered another round

Offline alta

• I don't swing that way
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #18 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 08:40:16 PM Eastern »
the Caps will have no pp until Oshie and Willy are back
Knowledge is knowing that the Tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is knowing that you shouldn't include it in a Fruit Salad; Philosophy is wondering if a Bloody Mary counts as smoothie

Offline alta

• I don't swing that way
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #19 on: Thursday December 06, 2018, 08:47:36 PM Eastern »
anyone here ever play the Fallout games?