Author Topic: Junior Hockey  (Read 1832 times)

Maacoshark

Junior Hockey
« on: Saturday December 01, 2018, 11:13:45 PM Eastern »
     My wife and I are season ticket holders for the Regina Pats so I have obviously been watching alot of junior hockey. Unfortunately the Pats are rebuilding and they just traded thgeur 3 best players away.
      The reason I started this thread was because of the team the Pats played against tonight. It was the Prince Albert Raiders who are the number 1 ranked team in Canada with a record of 26-1. I know, what a ridiculous record. I havent seen the Raiders play this year so I didnt know what kind if team they had. I assumed a small skating team. Wow was I wrong. I have never seen a junior team with this kind if size before. They had 2 guys 6'5 a couple more guys at 6'4 and 4 guys that were 6'3 and  few more a 6'1 and 6'2. And they played a tight checking physical game. With game going the direction of small skilled players this monster team is dominating the rest of the league. I like the makeup of this team.

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
Re: Junior Hockey
« Reply #1 on: Sunday December 02, 2018, 09:10:37 AM Eastern »
I imagine every GM in the league is eyeing junior programs looking for the next Tom Wilson.  :uh-huh:

Maacoshark

Re: Junior Hockey
« Reply #2 on: Sunday December 02, 2018, 12:14:41 PM Eastern »
I imagine every GM in the league is eyeing junior programs looking for the next Tom Wilson.  :uh-huh:
   Well they had a bunch of big physical players. Only one of them was a good skater though.