Author Topic: Interview with a former lesser known NHL player  (Read 1869 times)

Maacoshark

Interview with a former lesser known NHL player
« on: Sunday August 12, 2018, 12:14:54 PM Eastern »
   The only reason I am posting this is because this is the cousin that I mentioned on the other board that played for the Canadian national team in the 60s then had a brief NHL career with the California Golden Seals. He also played a couple of WHA games with the Winnipeg Jets which is an interesting story. The Jets were loaded with injuries and had no farm team so they added a couple players that were playing in a men's league and they each dressed for 2 games. Those players were Jim Cole and Morris Mott. The latter of the 2 being my cousin. After the 2 games Anders Hedberg and Bobby Hull returned from injury and those guys were no longer needed. But they filled in for a couple of great players.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
Re: Interview with a former lesser known NHL player
« Reply #1 on: Sunday August 12, 2018, 12:54:42 PM Eastern »
   The only reason I am posting this is because this is the cousin that I mentioned on the other board that played for the Canadian national team in the 60s then had a brief NHL career with the California Golden Seals. He also played a couple of WHA games with the Winnipeg Jets which is an interesting story. The Jets were loaded with injuries and had no farm team so they added a couple players that were playing in a men's league and they each dressed for 2 games. Those players were Jim Cole and Morris Mott. The latter of the 2 being my cousin. After the 2 games Anders Hedberg and Bobby Hull returned from injury and those guys were no longer needed. But they filled in for a couple of great players.

That’s awesome!  Great find!