Author Topic: Thank You Jay Beagle  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
Thank You Jay Beagle
« on: Sunday July 01, 2018, 03:29:30 PM Eastern »

Well, Beagle is moving on.  When I took my young daughters to the games, I always pointed to Jay as the best player on the ice - not because he had the most skill, or scored a ton of goals, but because he made the most of his abilities and gave everything he had. He wasn't fast when he came in the league, but worked at it so that he became one of the fastest players up and down the ice.  He wasn't great at faceoffs, but worked at it to become one of the best in the league. He became a great penalty killer and outworked everyone in the corners.  For all of this, he was appreciated by his coaches and loved in the locker-room.

I think the best example of what kind of player he was for us was when he laid out to stop the puck from going in the net last year during the Penguins series.  If the Caps had gone on to win that series and eventually, the Cup, it would have been the number one play in the history of the Caps.

Good luck to Jay and thanks for setting the right example!!

Maacoshark

Re: Thank You Jay Beagle
« Reply #1 on: Monday July 02, 2018, 08:47:54 AM Eastern »
   Sorry to Beagle go. Great leader and hard worker. If only everyone had his work ethic. I hope his work ethic rubbed off on some of the youngsters. Wish him the best. I do wish he went to a better team than the Canucks.

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #2 on: Monday July 02, 2018, 09:08:10 AM Eastern »
   Sorry to Beagle go. Great leader and hard worker. If only everyone had his work ethic. I hope his work ethic rubbed off on some of the youngsters. Wish him the best. I do wish he went to a better team than the Canucks.

Ditto.  This certainly feels like a case where the player chose the money, and I don't blame him.  He has his Cup.  If he is smart with the money, and I suspect Beagle is a pretty shrewd guy, he can set himself up for life with this contract.

Offline OldHat

• King Jackass
  • Hockey Deity
  • One Foot in the Grave
« Reply #3 on: Monday July 02, 2018, 09:34:58 AM Eastern »
Thanks Beags.  You will be missed.  How many times have we seen him take the puck along the wall or in the corners and set up a huge goal - just in the playoffs this year.  Best of luck out west!
What's up babes...

Offline justwincaps

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: Monday July 02, 2018, 05:13:47 PM Eastern »
Couldn't be happier for Beags.  No one, and I mean no one, deserves a chance to get some $$ while he can like Beags.  Hate to lose him from the Caps, but happier for his gain than our loss.