Author Topic: Offseason starts  (Read 118760 times)

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
Re: Offseason starts
« Reply #320 on: Sunday August 05, 2018, 10:51:22 AM Eastern »
     Maybe those players are better defensively than you think. Trotz did use Eller quite often in defensive situations. Surprised Kuzy would be out there though. I think you evaluation on players might be a bit inaccurate because you are so bias towards a certain type of player.
it was by necessity and role, not that Eller and Kuzy are better on D than Bergeron and Kopitar like the Church of Ted likes to imply.

You agreed with, and was just as hard on criticisiing there D ability, effort, work ethic and backbone.

Just showing  up and not sucking for the last seven games does not imstantly make them elite and not liabilities

Maacoshark

« Reply #321 on: Sunday August 05, 2018, 11:21:08 AM Eastern »
it was by necessity and role, not that Eller and Kuzy are better on D than Bergeron and Kopitar like the Church of Ted likes to imply.

You agreed with, and was just as hard on criticisiing there D ability, effort, work ethic and backbone.

Just showing  up and not sucking for the last seven games does not imstantly make them above
   Hey I'm not a fan of their defensive play. I like Kuzys offensive skillset. And Eller, I'm not a big fan. He isnt terrible defensively. Just not a fan.
    Comparing those guys to Bergeron and Kopitar isnt really fair though. They are the 2 best 2way forwards in the league. Those are the type of players I like. Backstrom is the closest we have to those guys.
   You guys may think I'm crazy but  I rank Kopitar and Bergeron as the top 2 centers in the league.

Offline 4 Caps

« Reply #322 on: Sunday August 05, 2018, 11:28:24 AM Eastern »
well he can’t play Beagle all game now can he?

No he can’t play Beagle all game but if he is our top defender wouldn’t you play him against the other teams top center.  Why did Trotz play Kuzy sgainst Mc David if Kuzy is such a poor defensive center? 

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #323 on: Sunday August 05, 2018, 04:30:43 PM Eastern »

No he can’t play Beagle all game but if he is our top defender wouldn’t you play him against the other teams top center.  Why did Trotz play Kuzy sgainst Mc David if Kuzy is such a poor defensive center?
Because poor hockey IQ limits your options to matchup against opponents, situational changes, and a sophisticated gane.

With those two, going total pond hockey and counting on both of them fucking up more than they’ll score makes it a wash

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #324 on: Sunday August 05, 2018, 04:32:58 PM Eastern »
   Hey I'm not a fan of their defensive play. I like Kuzys offensive skillset. And Eller, I'm not a big fan. He isnt terrible defensively. Just not a fan.
    Comparing those guys to Bergeron and Kopitar isnt really fair though. They are the 2 best 2way forwards in the league. Those are the type of players I like. Backstrom is the closest we have to those guys.
   You guys may think I'm crazy but  I rank Kopitar and Bergeron as the top 2 centers in the league.
I agree completely those are the top centers in the league.   

But The Church of Ted will imply that Suzy and Eller are better than both of them because they where on the ice the same time McDavid was and in the last minutes of a playoff game

Maacoshark

« Reply #325 on: Sunday August 05, 2018, 05:56:11 PM Eastern »

But The Church of Ted will imply that Suzy and Eller are better than both of them because they where on the ice the same time McDavid was and in the last minutes of a playoff game
     Kuzy is a very skilled player. Definitely one of the most skilled in the league. I like him but he does gave flaws in his game. I'm not a big fan of Eller

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #326 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 08:26:12 AM Eastern »
But The Church of Ted will imply that Suzy and Eller are better than both of them..

Hey, watch it now! One of those pics was from St. McPhee!!  (Ō_ƆŎ) :rofl:

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #327 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 12:25:16 PM Eastern »

As usual, you are being hyperbolic.  NO ONE is comparing Caps centers with centers from other teams.  The point was that, among the players from which the coaches had to choose, Kuzy, Eller, and Wilson were the forwards on the ice at the end of game 5.  That says something.  Traditionally 2 centers on the ice during the last shifts of a close game so that if one center is thrown out of the FO circle the other one can step in.  To me, the fact that Wilson is the 3rd forward in that situation is perhaps more significant than the other two.

Beagle probably wouldn't play much against a McDavid line not only because Beagle couldn't keep up with McDavid (which he couldn't), but the Caps' 4th line couldn't have kept up with McDavid's line as a whole.  Sometimes the matchup is too much to overcome, talent wise.  Kuzy would be much better keeping up with McDavid, though his defensive instincts aren't as good.

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #328 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 02:15:43 PM Eastern »
Coaching staff filled out.

A former Blue Jackets head coach and a college/minor league coach, who has ties to Rierden and will supposedly coach the defensemen (I'll bet with Rierden watching his every move.)

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #329 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 03:10:44 PM Eastern »

As usual, you are being hyperbolic.  NO ONE is comparing Caps centers with centers from other teams.  The point was that, among the players from which the coaches had to choose, Kuzy, Eller, and Wilson were the forwards on the ice at the end of game 5.  That says something.  Traditionally 2 centers on the ice during the last shifts of a close game so that if one center is thrown out of the FO circle the other one can step in.  To me, the fact that Wilson is the 3rd forward in that situation is perhaps more significant than the other two.

Beagle probably wouldn't play much against a McDavid line not only because Beagle couldn't keep up with McDavid (which he couldn't), but the Caps' 4th line couldn't have kept up with McDavid's line as a whole.  Sometimes the matchup is too much to overcome, talent wise.  Kuzy would be much better keeping up with McDavid, though his defensive instincts aren't as good.
is it really hyperbole?  You and the members of the “I can die happy now the Caps won one lousy Cup”, have lost all objectivity and realism.  Then when called on it, try to flip it around on those for being “haters”.

Sorry to ruin your high, but the 2018 Caps are NOT the greatest fuckin team ever, not perfect, not flawless, not dynasty material.  That’s just reality, and it’s  not good enough

BTW, i already know every you said about matchups, and it’s just rec-league

Maacoshark

« Reply #330 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 04:28:17 PM Eastern »
is it really hyperbole?  You and the members of the “I can die happy now the Caps won one lousy Cup”, have lost all objectivity and realism.  Then when called on it, try to flip it around on those for being “haters”.

Sorry to ruin your high, but the 2018 Caps are NOT the greatest fuckin team ever, not perfect, not flawless, not dynasty material.  That’s just reality, and it’s  not good enough

BTW, i already know every you said about matchups, and it’s just rec-league
     I dont think anyone said that this team is the greatest or will be a dynasty. With the salary cap dynasties are going to be tough. The Hawks are the closet thing to a dynasty the league has had in a while. Look at them now. The Pens might be considered a dynasty. They have been riding Malkin and Crosby for over a decade.
    The Caps have had a strong team for awhile now. We were lucky to get a cup before we ended up like the Blackhawks.
    The last couple seasons when we won the 2 presidents cups, we all knew we had a very good team. I always felt we were missing a couple of pieces . I thought we needed more grit and heart. We didnt add any top offensive talent. We added guys like DSP and Chaisson and brought up some youngsters like Stephenson. And we gave Wilson more ice time and responsibilities. These were moves in the right direction.
    Speaking of Chaisson. Wondering why we havent made him an offer. I'm sure we can get him on a low contract. He was one of the few guys we had that would cause havoc in front of the net. Am I the only one that thinks he has any value.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #331 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 05:37:37 PM Eastern »
     I dont think anyone said that this team is the greatest or will be a dynasty. With the salary cap dynasties are going to be tough. The Hawks are the closet thing to a dynasty the league has had in a while. Look at them now. The Pens might be considered a dynasty. They have been riding Malkin and Crosby for over a decade.
    The Caps have had a strong team for awhile now. We were lucky to get a cup before we ended up like the Blackhawks.
    The last couple seasons when we won the 2 presidents cups, we all knew we had a very good team. I always felt we were missing a couple of pieces . I thought we needed more grit and heart. We didnt add any top offensive talent. We added guys like DSP and Chaisson and brought up some youngsters like Stephenson. And we gave Wilson more ice time and responsibilities. These were moves in the right direction.
    Speaking of Chaisson. Wondering why we havent made him an offer. I'm sure we can get him on a low contract. He was one of the few guys we had that would cause havoc in front of the net. Am I the only one that thinks he has any value.
agree about Chaisson, but I doubt he’ll get resigned.  A lot of fans don’t like him because he had a name that’s easy to pronounce, and doesn’t toe-drag, pass to the other team, and loaf around .

The Hawks, like the Wings, may not make it back this year. . .but Bowman and Weintz (so?) are not happy about it and won’t put up with it after this year.  Same with Illitch Jr and Holland in Detroit.   “Having a chance” and glad that fans can “die happy” with just one Cup is not good of enough for them, nor it should it be for us.

Maacoshark

« Reply #332 on: Monday August 06, 2018, 07:09:27 PM Eastern »
    Actually I find it odd that you seem to not like European players. Dont you call them Eurosoft or Eurotrash? Anyway the Wings were one of the first teams to rely heavily on European players. Didnt they have 5 Russians on one of their Stanley cup teams. Most of their top players the past 20 years have been European. We could start naming all of them but it would be a pretty long list.

Offline KitFisto

« Reply #333 on: Tuesday August 07, 2018, 11:49:49 AM Eastern »
DC has simply become a caricature of himself at this point. It was "we'll never win a cup unless" and now that we've won one it's "we still suck because". If I didn't know better I'd call him a troll or the most miserable person alive.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday August 07, 2018, 01:27:53 PM Eastern »

Actually I find it odd that you seem to not like European players. Dont you call them Eurosoft or Eurotrash? Anyway the Wings were one of the first teams to rely heavily on European players. Didnt they have 5 Russians on one of their Stanley cup teams. Most of their top players the past 20 years have been European. We could start naming all of them but it would be a pretty long list.
I’m referring to the skill first, offense first(if not only(, low IQ, low work ethic, next to no physicality, is intimidated by physicality, wants the league to go 4on 4 with soccer size goals, you know the type i mean.  While this type earned its name from a very large segment of those players being Euros, it certainly does not apply to all Euro-borns, and does not exempt applicable non-Euros from being included

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday August 07, 2018, 04:53:57 PM Eastern »
DC has simply become a caricature of himself at this point. It was "we'll never win a cup unless" and now that we've won one it's "we still suck because". If I didn't know better I'd call him a troll or the most miserable person alive.
Well I’m sure someone as emotional and overall dramatic as yourself finds objectivive, pragmatic and logical analysis to be “miserable”, but I assure there no such nonsense here.

Maacoshark

« Reply #336 on: Tuesday August 07, 2018, 10:34:47 PM Eastern »
I’m referring to the skill first, offense first(if not only(, low IQ, low work ethic, next to no physicality, is intimidated by physicality, wants the league to go 4on 4 with soccer size goals, you know the type i mean.  While this type earned its name from a very large segment of those players being Euros, it certainly does not apply to all Euro-borns, and does not exempt applicable non-Euros from being included
     I dont think that is accurate. If you look at the history of European players. Swedish players are known as good team guys and most are solid 2 way players. A lot of them are also feisty and physical. There are a few exceptions but overall Swedish players are usually pretty good all round players.
    Finnish players have always been known as feisty players. A lot if Finnish players are strong defensively.
     Russia was probably the European country that had more offense only players. But that has changed over the years. Guys like Fedorov changed that. And you can't really say Russian players are soft. Guys like Ovi and Malkin can handle themselves.
    The country that has the most soft players and one dimensional offensive players is the US. Kane, Kessel, Gaudreau, Ryan. All soft and offense only.
     Canada has its share if Sissy's and offense only players too.

Offline KitFisto

« Reply #337 on: Wednesday August 08, 2018, 08:22:06 AM Eastern »
Well I’m sure someone as emotional and overall dramatic as yourself finds objectivive, pragmatic and logical analysis to be “miserable”, but I assure there no such nonsense here.

I’m the dramatic one? LOL ok. You’re the one who’s NEVER happy with anything this team does. Winning a cup? Pfffffft, were still a laughing stock!!! No team is perfect and in today’s world no team will be for long even if they manage to have a couple of great years. As great as the Hawks have been they missed the playoffs. The Kings aren’t why they were. It doesn’t matter if the Caps repeat you’ll still be unhappy because the team isn’t what YOU want. That’s just a fact.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday August 08, 2018, 12:22:45 PM Eastern »
Reread you’re post, and your “I’m Done” thread,  and evaluate your complete 180 since you the team you gave up squeeked out one, just one, Cup. . .

“Happy” shouldn’t last more than a few hours, because there is ALWAYS things to improve on.

So yeah, you’re clearly the dramatic and emotional one, that’s gone so overboard all you’re objectivity has vanishied.  When the Caps go back to what I primarily criticize, more so
 augmented with their Cup high, you’ll be saying “it was just an illusion, this team will never change, I’m done last post”,    now that is what you call a fact.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday August 08, 2018, 12:33:17 PM Eastern »
     I dont think that is accurate. If you look at the history of European players. Swedish players are known as good team guys and most are solid 2 way players. A lot of them are also feisty and physical. There are a few exceptions but overall Swedish players are usually pretty good all round players.
    Finnish players have always been known as feisty players. A lot if Finnish players are strong defensively.
     Russia was probably the European country that had more offense only players. But that has changed over the years. Guys like Fedorov changed that. And you can't really say Russian players are soft. Guys like Ovi and Malkin can handle themselves.
    The country that has the most soft players and one dimensional offensive players is the US. Kane, Kessel, Gaudreau, Ryan. All soft and offense only.
     Canada has its share if Sissy's and offense only players too.
Stereotypes are stereotypes because they are enough reasons for them to be.

But, as i said, it’s the style and mentality of a player, not where there born