Author Topic: GDT R4G5 Capitals @ Knights 2018-06-07 8:00pm EST NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS  (Read 74475 times)

Offline Ozzies09tc

Re: GDT R4G5 Capitals @ Knights 2018-06-07 8:00pm EST NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS
« Reply #280 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 03:26:49 PM Eastern »
The cubs won the WS and the Caps won the Cup.

Maybe my Blues can too then.. :cross:

I shed tears with the rest of ya. I may not be a fan from the 70's (wasn't born then) but I was a fan of the Bondra team, then seeing "THE GOAL" by young OV turned me on to the caps and I have been following them since.

slayed Cindy and Cinderella in the same playoffs....what an amazing time to be a hockey fan!!!!
you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just
because some watery tart threw a sword at you

Offline Stealyerfaceoff

• Dancing with Elsie!
« Reply #281 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 03:28:41 PM Eastern »

at the very end of the video, I noticed last night, almost looked like Backy asked for help holding The Cup.

But he hurt his right hand, and he took his left hand off the cup. I think he just wanted to skate it together with Ovi. They will be linked forever in hockey history and they were joined together in their ultimate triumph by the Stanley Cup. BFF's. So fucking sweet!!!!
Sometimes you just gotta knock them over

All you need to know about Republicans - they have elected the biggest asshat since Warren G. Harding

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #282 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 04:19:52 PM Eastern »
:) Any photo of Kuzya with the Cup?

Wasn't easy to find.

Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline newtoCapsparty

« Reply #283 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 04:46:55 PM Eastern »
Wasn't easy to find.
Thanks for the pictures!  Ovi and his toothy grin are so endearing!

Offline newtoCapsparty

« Reply #284 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 04:52:58 PM Eastern »
Had a fun time tracking down Stanley Cup merchandise today in the Virginia suburbs!  Made two trips to Dick's, where about 50 people (and more streaming in after me) patiently waited for boxes of t-shirts to arrive on a big truck that was making stops on route 7 headed west to all of the Dick's stores on the way.  The employees didn't even have time to tag the shirts--we were just happy to (politely) rummage through the boxes right off the truck!  It was funny, everyone bonding over the experience. 

I recorded 4 of the 5 games in the Cup final (one mysteriously got deleted) and now WISH I had recorded every game throughout the playoffs.  Sigh.  Would have made for great summertime television... ;D

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #285 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 05:40:03 PM Eastern »
Had a fun time tracking down Stanley Cup merchandise today in the Virginia suburbs!  Made two trips to Dick's, where about 50 people (and more streaming in after me) patiently waited for boxes of t-shirts to arrive on a big truck that was making stops on route 7 headed west to all of the Dick's stores on the way.  The employees didn't even have time to tag the shirts--we were just happy to (politely) rummage through the boxes right off the truck!  It was funny, everyone bonding over the experience. 

I recorded 4 of the 5 games in the Cup final (one mysteriously got deleted) and now WISH I had recorded every game throughout the playoffs.  Sigh.  Would have made for great summertime television... ;D

I have all the post season games on my computer in very high quality 720p 60fps.  I am currently downloading last night's game from a Russian website. I'm happy to share. My DVR is almost filled up from all these games and that's not a safe place  to have them saved anyway.

Maacoshark

« Reply #286 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 06:24:10 PM Eastern »
Wasn't easy to find.

You didn't get a pic of the woman in the white dress? She tried to steal the show.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #287 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 07:10:05 PM Eastern »
So I woke up this morning and....We (the CAPS) are STILL the Stanley Cup Champions!  It wasn't a wonderful/horrible dream.

Way to go Caps.  So happy for this team and us long time (and new) fans.
Been watching this team for 30+ years and I have to say they earned this.

Go Caps!

One other nice thing about being the champs....we have to wait the least amount of time till our next Caps game (compared to all the other teams' fans)
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #288 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 08:08:23 PM Eastern »
From what I have heard, there is one interesting perk that the Caps organization has gained by happening to win the Cup in this particular year.

The main body of the Stanley Cup has 5 rings, each with the names of winning organization members engraved on it over a period of 12 (or 13?) years.  When a ring is full, all the rings are moved up, the top ring is removed from the Cup and sent to the Hall of Fame, and a fresh ring is added at the bottom to receive names of Cup winners for the next set of years.  Apparently 2018 is a year when this transition occurs, so the Caps will be the first team engraved on the new bottom layer.  This means that the Caps inscriptions will remain on the Cup for the maximum number of years, throughout 5 complete cycles.  The latest Penguins inscriptions, entered 1 and 2 years ago, will eventually be removed 12 (or 13?) years before the Caps inscriptions.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #289 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 08:26:10 PM Eastern »
From what I have heard, there is one interesting perk that the Caps organization has gained by happening to win the Cup in this particular year.

The main body of the Stanley Cup has 5 rings, each with the names of winning organization members engraved on it over a period of 12 (or 13?) years.  When a ring is full, all the rings are moved up, the top ring is removed from the Cup and sent to the Hall of Fame, and a fresh ring is added at the bottom to receive names of Cup winners for the next set of years.  Apparently 2018 is a year when this transition occurs, so the Caps will be the first team engraved on the new bottom layer.  This means that the Caps inscriptions will remain on the Cup for the maximum number of years, throughout 5 complete cycles.  The latest Penguins inscriptions, entered 1 and 2 years ago, will eventually be removed 12 (or 13?) years before the Caps inscriptions.

Now that's a cool little bit of information.  I remember hearing about the rotating rings to keep the cup size down to a manageable lift on the ice.  Very cool that we get onto a new ring.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #290 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 09:08:51 PM Eastern »
DC,

Can you say Kuzy instead of Suzy now? I think he's earned it lol.
. . . for now 🧐

But any slightest return to his ol Suzy bullshit, and we should of give it to em worse then ever.  We’ve seen how they can play, and now they have the responsibility of being Champions, no more free passes

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #291 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 09:16:55 PM Eastern »

I got lucky. I got one of the Dicks employees to break the rules for me and they are holding two Stanley Cup Champions shirts for me to pick up tomorrow. All t hey had was grey shirts, but are expecting deliveries all weekend for more Stanley Cup Champions Washington Capitals T-shirts.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find some cool cotton red ones for the parade on Tuesday.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #292 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 10:43:34 PM Eastern »
    I had to check the score again to make sure this is real. I still can't fucking believe it.

I was SO sick yesterday and by game time I had not slept in almost two days or more than a 2-3 hours over the last four days. But in spite of all that I enjoyed the heck out of that game. I had no doubt we would win it. I wasn't even bothered by being down a goal.  We utterly dominated the "Cinderella" team.  Sometimes I think I'm not even sure how the Vedas team that we saw got there to begin with. Was the hype simply psyching out other better teams like the  Sharks and Kings, and Jets? Naw!  I think it was simply that the Capitals were not going to be denied. This is what I sensed since the first series. I very much wanted to voice that on here, but I knew it would not well accepted. I would have been accused of jinxing the team or something, but unlike other years where I am a nervous wreck I was never worried.  The skill level of the teams the past few years were better on paper, yet they made me sweat it out and then landed in disappointment. To my wife, my son, and my dad I was flat out saying this team is winning the cup.  My dad has lived in Las Wages since the late `70s.  He said the Knights were exactly what I said the Caps were. Then I told him my prediction that we'd probably lose the first game and that we'd sweep the next four, totally dominating Vegas.  He called me today to congratulate me/us for winning.

This is so awesome!  Even though I am very sick right now I am not missing the parade on Tuesday.  This has been at the top of my bucket list longer than anything.

I really hope to see some of you at the parade.

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #293 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 10:53:31 PM Eastern »

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #294 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 10:57:46 PM Eastern »
I got lucky. I got one of the Dicks employees to break the rules for me and they are holding two Stanley Cup Champions shirts for me to pick up tomorrow. All t hey had was grey shirts, but are expecting deliveries all weekend for more Stanley Cup Champions Washington Capitals T-shirts.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find some cool cotton red ones for the parade on Tuesday.

I'm really glad for you guys! I beed in DC just once, flying to Moscow. I loved Aviation and Space museum.

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #295 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 10:58:45 PM Eastern »
This last series restored my faith in fairness. We were the better team and we won. In the process, we actually got some breaks and fair officiating. We were so used to it being the other way around that we expected the worse. I’m sure a lot of Caps fans cringed when Backstrom missed the open net and fully expected Vegas to go on to win the game and the series.

Well, we deserved to win and we did!

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #296 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 11:00:40 PM Eastern »
I was SO sick yesterday and by game time I had not slept in almost two days or more than a 2-3 hours over the last four days. But in spite of all that I enjoyed the heck out of that game. I had no doubt we would win it. I wasn't even bothered by being down a goal.  We utterly dominated the "Cinderella" team.  I'm not even sure how the team that we saw got there to begin with. Was the hype simply psyching out other better teams like the  Sharks and Kings, and Jets?

Still unbelievable, 2nd round losers went all the way and won it!

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #297 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 11:02:35 PM Eastern »
One more thing - wasn’t it great that Reeves was benched for the last game. After he was played up to be their 4th line hero, he showed he is just a low-talent thug.

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #298 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 11:03:15 PM Eastern »
This last series restored my faith in fairness. We were the better team and we won. In the process, we actually got some breaks and fair officiating. We were so used to it being the other way around that we expected the worse. I’m sure a lot of Caps fans cringed when Backstrom missed the open net and fully expected Vegas to go on to win the game and the series.

Well, we deserved to win and we did!

I think in hockey always some randomness, which is a bit gambling, but ti get good bounces it's need to work hard. Actually it's not only hockey. Congrats!

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #299 on: Friday June 08, 2018, 11:05:17 PM Eastern »
. . . now they have the responsibility of being Champions, no more free passes
I hope they will get one more, may be next year.