Author Topic: GDT #39 Caps vs Canucks @ 2pm  (Read 2345 times)

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT #39 Caps vs Canucks @ 2pm
« Reply #20 on: Thursday January 20, 2022, 06:56:39 PM Eastern »

My point was that the supporting cast can't get Ovie over the line, not that he is playing poorly in any way.  The ironic thing is that if they put more young guys out there and speed the game up even more, Ovie's production will increase, not decrease.  Lethargic play is the death knell to offensive production and the Caps are hanging on to too many guys who make their play lethargic.

Yep...I mostly (99%) agreed with all you said and after I read my posted post...it sounded like I was arguing with you, which I wasn't really or at least that was not my intent.  But yeah, for once, we are actually getting production out of the young guys (funny how that happens when they get a chance to actually play) which only frees up more ice and time for Ovi and the other "stars".  Hard to believe he is still this effective with basically the same song and dance.  His shot must be so much harder to pick up than you realize.
I saw a comment from Ollie Kolzig after the very first time on the ice with Ovi....years ago....something to the effect of  "That is the best hockey player I have ever seen"

Now if we could only get the goalies to catch fire...we could slip one of those window just a tad more open  :snicker:
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK