Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

The dedicated boredom thread for bored boardees... even Rich

<< < (2/198) > >>

alta:
soooo... it looks like just about every team has a prospect camp, then a rookie camp, then regular camp. A lot of teams have already announced when prospect camp starts, and that's Sept 13-14. This being a holiday weekend, I didn't expect any announcements from the Caps. Maybe tues they will finally let the fans in on when camp starts.

richkrt99:
Giddy up.  Let's GET IT ON!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

The Season is Here!  The Season is Here!

GO CAPS!

Er...well...the preseason is here...or at least camp.  Well, okay, at least Rookie camp

Well shit...at least we are talking about getting the season going.

Mickstix:

--- Quote from: alta on Monday September 06, 2021, 02:30:52 PM Eastern --- This being a holiday weekend, I didn't expect any announcements from the Caps. Maybe tues they will finally let the fans in on when camp starts.

--- End quote ---
Rookie camp on the 18th. Vet camp on the 22.

https://twitter.com/Tarik_ElBashir/status/1435667113759412235

alta:
there's no time stamp on this that I see, it wasn't there mid day...

I see the tweet says 2:00 pm

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/09/09/washington-capitals-complete-prospect-roster-and-pre-development-camp-assignments-for-2021-22-season/

richkrt99:
So looking at the current team Roster...

Our O looks exactly the same as last year....yet another year older

Goaltending is exactly the same as last year....but a year older (which is a good thing for these two)

Our D is substantially weaker than last year.  We are plus a Kempney coming off a major injury, and minus a Charra and Dillon.

So we lost ALOT (okay....ALL) of our toughness on the blue line, and not much else has changed.  Orlov is now our team D tough guy?  We moved up van Riemsdyk from Hershey to fill a spot.

Also we added Mike Vecchione as a 13th forward...who is 28 and has played a total of 2 NHL games, so I don't know him at all, but based on his age is there to fill a roster spot.

Well if you were happy with last year's performance ,then get ready for another great year.   :clap:

Maybe our two young goalies with both blossom into surprising superstars
Maybe Kuzy will rekindle his heart and drive and lead this team
Maybe Ovi will be inspired by his new contract and lead and carry this team to victory
Maybe they will actually Free Willy and he will have a huge uptick in performance and impact
Maybe big Tony Ray-Ray will live up to his potential have have a career inspiring transformation
Maybe Sprong will Spring and blossom into legit consistent scoring threat
Maybe the D won't be as suspect as I think it appears to be
Maybe they let McMichael, Fever and Alexeyev get some actual NHL playing time and one or all three blossom.

Being a Cap fan for the entirety of their existence, I guess I should be used to mediocracy.

Inspiring post, I know.

GO CAPS  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version