Author Topic: GDT #26 Capitals at Flyers @ 7:00pm  (Read 7426 times)

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT #26 Capitals vs Flyers @ 7:00pm
« Reply #80 on: Friday March 12, 2021, 01:08:34 PM Eastern »
    I thought that sitting Seigenthaler for 59 mins and 34 secs then putting him on the ice for the last 26 seconds was like a slap in the face. I was ok with 7 dressing 7 D men. But get him some ice time. Seigs has been fine when he has played. I don't think he would hurt the team protecting a lead. He is better defensively than half of our dcore.

I agree...from early on this season I wanted Ziggy over Jensen.  Jensen has certainly improved his game and I hear he and Chara have meshed well, but... I think Ziggy is definitely the better Dman especially in the D zone.

Give the guy (Ziggy) enough ice time and I'd bet he gels too.  He was our best PK D man last year.

And Mostly....it was 4-1 to start the third.  When would be a better time to GET him some ice time?  Dressing him to sit the bench the entire game is a waste for everyone....and as a player that has to suck total balls.  If he is not in the doghouse, then get him on the ice or don't dress him to begin with.

I think part of Ziggy's problem is Dillon sort of fills the same role as Ziggy, but has much more experience (albeit not the same mobility)
Chara being added cost Ziggy a spot he had earned IMO last year.  I would hope/think maybe they plan to move a guy (ahem Orlov) for cap space at the deadline to pick up a piece we NEED IF it looks like we could make a run, but they seem to like Orlov.  At beginning of season knowing the Kempny situation and SHulz health somewhat a question mark, and Jensen being....Jensen, and Orlov.... it's always nice to have depth on D, but then I think the Chara thing just fell in their laps and then all the beginning question marks are working out better than expected so Ziggy is odd man out.

Good problem to have, but shit...if you dress him then at least let him play.
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
Re: GDT #26 Capitals vs Flyers @ 7:00pm
« Reply #81 on: Saturday March 13, 2021, 04:56:05 PM Eastern »
Totally agree. I'm a big Ziggy fan and think he earned his spot. That being said, I have to say that Orlov and Jensen have been playing really well in the new system that is much more aggressive with the D-Man.  You can see their confidence growing every game.