Author Topic: GDT#54 Blue Jackets @ Capitals 2018-02-09 7:00pm EST NBCSWA  (Read 19790 times)

Maacoshark

Re: GDT#54 Blue Jackets @ Capitals 2018-02-09 7:00pm EST NBCSWA
« Reply #80 on: Saturday February 10, 2018, 09:02:20 AM Eastern »
There were some positives in this game. The defensive zone coverage was a but better. They gave up some shots but not a lot of high scoring chances. Our cycle game was decent. We ate up some time in the offensive zone but we still dont shoot enough. We need to work on our breakouts. I think our wingers need to give our dmen better support and give them a target to pass to.
   Holtby was solid again. Not much he could do on either goal. A fluke bounce and a nice tip by Panarin. I think new should ride Holtby the rest of the season and give Grubauer a game on the back to backs. Surprisingly Holtby is only 13th in games played amongst goalies.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #81 on: Saturday February 10, 2018, 10:32:47 AM Eastern »
There were some positives in this game. The defensive zone coverage was a but better. They gave up some shots but not a lot of high scoring chances. Our cycle game was decent. We ate up some time in the offensive zone but we still dont shoot enough. We need to work on our breakouts. I think our wingers need to give our dmen better support and give them a target to pass to.
   Holtby was solid again. Not much he could do on either goal. A fluke bounce and a nice tip by Panarin. I think new should ride Holtby the rest of the season and give Grubauer a game on the back to backs. Surprisingly Holtby is only 13th in games played amongst goalies.
13th?  Is there a 12-way tie for 2nd?  :rofl:

But our goalie situation for the rest of the year and the next couple will be interesting if not distressing.  If we don’t play Grubby enough, he’s not going to get enough game time to create value to move him as it’s incredibly unlikely he’ll resign here.  Yet, as we’ve seen, goalies for us need to be, or play like an elite goalie to win.

Then in Hershey, Colepy is not winning every game by him self as he needs to.  Which begs the question if he’ll be the one man defense-scheme this origbization uses

Maacoshark

« Reply #82 on: Saturday February 10, 2018, 11:01:46 AM Eastern »
  Holtby has been in 40 games. I think Lundquist leads at 47. I've always felt Holtby plays better when he gets in more games. He has played better the last couple of games so I wouldn't mess with things. As for Grubauer I dont know what we should do with him. I dont feel he is a starting NHL caliber goalie. He isn't the greatest technician that's for sure. He isnt a reflex goalie like Quick. And he isn't a big body like Bishop. Which is why I have compared him to Neuvirth. I'm hoping Samsonov will be ready for the NHL in a couple years.