Author Topic: GDT #12 Capitals vs Flyers February 7 @ 12:00  (Read 17321 times)

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT #12 Capitals vs Flyers February 7 @ 12:00
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 05:23:13 PM Eastern »

Surprised teams are lining up to hire you. Have you ever got an interview for a GM job? Even an offer to be a scout would impress me. I know Ted would read the boards when they were on their website. I'm surprised he hasn't contacted you yet with all your brilliance you show day after day on here.

Ouch.  Sounds like someone must have peed in the Wheeties poutine again.
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

canadiancapman

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 05:43:15 PM Eastern »

and here you are, posting your opinions on the internet instead of being able to earn a living with them

What's wrong with me posting my ideas? Isn't that what this site is for? I don't sit here and say I could do a better job than this guy or that guy, I post what I would do in certain situations. [size=78%]You're the one basically saying you're smarter than Brian McLennan so I'd love for you to prove it or at least try to. Easy for you to run on and on about others mistakes without stating what you'd do to correct them.[/size]
If you want to chirp others at least have the decency to say what you would have done instead of just criticising like a broken record. Where are your ideas? Back up your negative views with some sort of thoughtful analysis and even if I didn't agree, I could at least respect that there's a brain inside that head of yours thats full of original ideas.

canadiancapman

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 05:46:37 PM Eastern »

No one pisses in a poutine. It's too good for that. Not sure if down there you run around pissing in each other's breakfast. Is that an American thing?

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 05:57:47 PM Eastern »

No one pisses in a poutine. It's too good for that. Not sure if down there you run around pissing in each other's breakfast. Is that an American thing?

You are soooo not helping yourself luv!    :lmao:
I am

canadiancapman

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 05:59:33 PM Eastern »
The sky ain't falling.   Of course we're going to lose the odd game here and there.  That's not the issue, for me, anyway.
Firstly, I wish to say that if I had to protect either Oshe or Kuzy, I would protect Oshie EVERY single day of the week and twice on Sundays.  Is he the more skilled player? Hardly!  Is he a better centre?  No.
But he doesn't EVER take a shift off.  He doesn't glide.  He doesn't pretend to be pretty.  He goes to the net and takes all the punshment that entails.  Put him on the wing and he does that job.  He isn't the fastest, but he hustles.  He forechecks and he is actually more defensively responsible than some of our Dmen.  Cough, cough, Dylan.... jus' sayin'.   He's not afraid to be physiical.
I would take that mentality and that work ethic over the likes of Kuzy, EVERY day.

And now for Kuzy.

I've had enough.
He's one of the most naturally talented players we've ever had.  He reminds me more and more of Sasha Semin every day.   All the talent can't make up for lack of heart.  The self entitlement, the arrogance.  He doesn't just tke the odd shift off, he takes whole games off.  He is the epitomy of the "Klub Kettler" culture that we have been trying to shake off for years now.
When he first came here, I could forgive him.  He was young.  He's been here a while now.  It's about time he grew up.   He's still more interested in    :peacock: than anything else.
I say trade him.  Let some other team deal with the diva, where he'll actually have to work for and earn his money.  Whilst he's here, he's under Ovi's umberella.  Under Ovi's Weagle wing protection.

It would be interesting to see if he was quite so cocky in another arena.........

As for the others.........   I haven't seen, heard, or read any other apology, other than Ovi's for their gross stupidity that sent them into quarantne.
THAT is what pisses me off.

Thanks for your constructive thoughts. Others could learn from you.
I agree that Oshie works hard all the time but his contact will look worse and worse as he ages I feel. He's been injury prone a bit while he's been in Washington and is much older than kuznetsov. It's easier to replace Oshie than it is Kuznetsov with regards to position.
I see a huge hole at 2nd line centre next year if kuznetsov were to be snatched up by Seattle. Top 2 centres are harder to come by than a 2nd line winger.
With regards to the apology, that's on Ovie, he's older, he's the captain and has to answer for what happened. I rarely see any of the other three interviewed by the media. Kuznetsov may get interviewed by local media but definitely rarely gets interviewed by NBC, Sportsnet or TSN.
So what if the guy enjoys a little blow, that's not my business and all I care about is who shows up in the playoffs when things matter. If you think Ovie hasn't dabbled in a few treats in his day you're kidding yourself.

canadiancapman

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:02:10 PM Eastern »
You are soooo not helping yourself luv!    :lmao:

Helping myself with what? Lol

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:02:27 PM Eastern »

e?

?
I am

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:05:29 PM Eastern »

For real?  Are you serious?   :-|   What a waste of my snarky sense of homour.

It's an expression...like:  "Who pissed in your Wheeties?"  Meaning a sarcastic comment to someone being outwardly pissy.  (which I thought you were being)  Only I changed it from Wheeties to Poutine to make it more relevant to a Canadian...or so I thought.  I was not inferring anything anti-Canadian.  No one really pisses in Wheeties (or Corn Flakes) either. (well not that I know of, but I don't claim to be partial to what the cabal does these days)

Your original response just seemed....harsh.  It's really hard to tell someone's true meaning in text.  I am just a smartass...so I responded with the sarcasm of the "pissing in the poutine" question.
I try not to get on folks nerves or pick fights on a silly forum (or anywhere for that matter) so my apologies if it offended or confused you.

I welcome all points of view (as do most of us), but when/if someone personally attacks or provokes another, then you are likely to get a less friendly response.

So....were you really confused about the "pissing in the poutine" reference...or were you just being a dick?....looking to jab at someone else, and taking the opportunity to be derogatory towards their entire country?

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:11:29 PM Eastern »

I agree that Oshie works hard all the time but his contact will look worse and worse as he ages I feel. He's been injury prone a bit while he's been in Washington and is much older than kuznetsov. It's easier to replace Oshie than it is Kuznetsov with regards to position.
I see a huge hole at 2nd line centre next year if kuznetsov were to be snatched up by Seattle. Top 2 centres are harder to come by than a 2nd line winger.
With regards to the apology, that's on Ovie, he's older, he's the captain and has to answer for what happened. I rarely see any of the other three interviewed by the media. Kuznetsov may get interviewed by local media but definitely rarely gets interviewed by NBC, Sportsnet or TSN.
So what if the guy enjoys a little blow, that's not my business and all I care about is who shows up in the playoffs when things matter. If you think Ovie hasn't dabbled in a few treats in his day you're kidding yourself.

WOW! Just wow.
Ya really can't help yourself, can ya.
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:17:03 PM Eastern »
Ill take a jab.......... 8)
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:20:44 PM Eastern »

O-O :hopslam: :laughing: :bad:

:)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I am

canadiancapman

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:22:21 PM Eastern »

For real?  Are you serious?   :-|   What a waste of my snarky sense of homour.

It's an expression...like:  "Who pissed in your Wheeties?"  Meaning a sarcastic comment to someone being outwardly pissy.  (which I thought you were being)  Only I changed it from Wheeties to Poutine to make it more relevant to a Canadian...or so I thought.  I was not inferring anything anti-Canadian.  No one really pisses in Wheeties (or Corn Flakes) either. (well not that I know of, but I don't claim to be partial to what the cabal does these days)

Your original response just seemed....harsh.  It's really hard to tell someone's true meaning in text.  I am just a smartass...so I responded with the sarcasm of the "pissing in the poutine" question.
I try not to get on folks nerves or pick fights on a silly forum (or anywhere for that matter) so my apologies if it offended or confused you.

I welcome all points of view (as do most of us), but when/if someone personally attacks or provokes another, then you are likely to get a less friendly response.

So....were you really confused about the "pissing in the poutine" reference...or were you just being a dick?....looking to jab at someone else, and taking the opportunity to be derogatory towards their entire country?

Derogatory towards an entire country? What do you expect when you take a jab with crossing out wheaties and putting poutine instead? That may be funny to you but it isn't to me and I took offence to that just like a black person would if you replaced it with watermelon or fried chicken.
What was wrong with what I said to Alta? I want to hear people's point of view and what they would have done instead or what they'd do to fix the problem rather than just bitching about what's going on with no solution.

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:22:48 PM Eastern »
Tee hee hee.    :rofl:
I am

canadiancapman

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:27:01 PM Eastern »
Ill take a jab.......... 8)

It wasn't a jab towards you at all. I respect the fact that you posted your opinion and the reason for it. We may not agree but that's fine totally fine.

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 06:35:54 PM Eastern »

Derogatory towards an entire country? What do you expect when you take a jab with crossing out wheaties and putting poutine instead? That may be funny to you but it isn't to me and I took offence to that just like a black person would if you replaced it with watermelon or fried chicken.
What was wrong with what I said to Alta? I want to hear people's point of view and what they would have done instead or what they'd do to fix the problem rather than just bitching about what's going on with no solution.

Oi!  EAsy there tiger.
What's your beef?  You come across s very aggressive, frequently.  Most of us on here have known each other for a while.  Years, even.  For instance Miicky might say something to me that no one else would Or SHOULD.   Just puttng that out there.....
We kind of "get" each other and the humour.  We kind of know each other.  We can insult and take the piss out of each other and know it's all in good fun and nothing nasty is meant by any of it.

You, however, seem to have an issue.
I am

Chaos43

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 07:11:33 PM Eastern »

Do you have something against poutine? :raised-eyebrow:

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday February 09, 2021, 10:16:31 PM Eastern »
Not sure if down there you run around pissing in each other's breakfast. Is that an American thing?
It is and we do. It's really caught on the last 4 years or so. Probably the most popular sport in the country..  :snicker:

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday February 10, 2021, 11:37:07 AM Eastern »

Geez dude.  It was not derogatory towards poutine.  It was sarcasm meant to infer that you were a little aggressive and/or pissy...which apparently you still are.

I did not say Canada sucks and they piss in each other's poutine and it makes them a bunch of whiney pissy bitches....which I could see as derogatory towards Canadians.

I questioned... "did someone pee in your poutine?

Just as if I'd asked "did someone pee in your Wheeties" is not derogatory to the Wheeties or their country of origin, but meant rather as a sarcastic way of asking why you are so grouchy.

But I will refrain from using any sarcasm with you since you obviously cannot handle it and it not only makes you aggressive but apparently a racist as well.  (There was no call for the obviously stereotypical racism inferred by you with your comments)

Asking if someone peed in your wheeties/poutine is in no way racist.

But apparently....someone pissed in your poutine again    :raspberry:

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline BarfingMonkey

• MTFBWY
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday February 10, 2021, 11:44:36 AM Eastern »
WTF is poutine?

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday February 10, 2021, 11:50:52 AM Eastern »
WTF is poutine?

Warning....this message may be offensive to some one and those who find they have no sense of humour should not read the following message...

It's a dish popular in Canada.  Fries with chees curds  :O= and gravy.

And before YOU START AGAIN...I am NOT being derogatory to Canada or poutine, and I personally have never had poutine so I can't give you my opinion on it, but the  :O=  above is reference to "cheese curds" and is only me stating my dislike for the thought of cheese curds (great, now I'm probably pissing off Wisconsin)

I very much don't like cottage cheese or most anything with it in the dish so I doubt I'd care for "cheese curds" or dare I say it....POUTINE

some of my family is lactose intolerant, so doubt they will want poutine either....or rather those of us who live with these lactards want them to have it.  :clown:

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK