Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

GDT #4 Capitals at Penguins Tuesday January 19 @ 7pm

(1/24) > >>

alta:
January 19 vs Penguins at PPG Paints Arena
Time: 7:00
TV: NBCSW
Radio: Caps Radio 24/7, 106.7fm

Washington Capitals 2-0-1
Pittsburgh Penguins 1-2-0

Caps anticipated lines:
Ovechkin 8 - Backstrom 19 - Wilson 43
Vrana 13 - Kuznetsov 92 - Sprong 10
Panik 14 - Eller 20 - Oshie 77
Hagelin 62 - Dowd 26 - Hathaway 21

Orlov 9 - Carlson 74
Dillon 4 - Schultz 2
Chara 33 - Jensen 3

Vanecek 41

scratched:
Sheary 73
Siegenthaler 34
van Riemsdyk 57
Samsonov 30

Pens anticipated lines:
Guentzel 59 - Crosby 87 - Rodrigues 9
Zucker 16 - Malkin 71 - Rust 17
McCann 19 - Jankowski 14 - Tanev 13
Sceviour 7 - Blueger 53 - Kapanen 42

Dumoulin 8 - Letang 58
Pettersson 28 - Marino 6
Riikola 50 - Ruhwedel 2

DeSmith 1

scratched:
Ceci 4
Matheson 5
Jarry 35

tonight's zebras:
referees:
Chris Rooney 5   Kyle Rehman 10
linesmen:
Julien Fournier 56    Libor Suchanek 60

https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/caps-pens-meet-again/c-320429926

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/01/19/capitals-morning-lines-tj-oshie-drops-to-third-line/

scoring summary:
1st period:
Eller from Oshie and Panik at 4:55
Sceviour from Blueger and Kapanen at 16:52
Wilson from OV and Backstrom at 16:58
Wilson from Carlson at 19:43
2nd period:
Guentzel PPG from Rust and Crosby at 5:45
Kuznetsov from Sprong and Vrana at 8:16
Blueger from DeShith 3 on 5 short handed at 15:07
Malkin PPG from Letang and Crosby at 17:15
3rd period:
no goals
OT:
Crosby from Letang and Guentzel at 1:11

Caps lose 5-4

richkrt99:
 :banana: :banana: :banana:

De Plane!  De Plane!!

The thread is here!!

(thankee Sai Alta)

richkrt99:
I listened to Lavy presser (from yesterday I think) and LOTS of questions about D changes and he sounded like NO changes or subs on D coming. Although I just listened to one from this morning made some line changes on the O-lines. He was happy with Eller and Panik's play so moved Oshie there to maybe get some more going. Nice if it works.  I'd agree that Eller has played well. Oshie works hard everywhere so maybe that will get them some production. Little surprised no changes on D (even if just for a rest) Sucks for Ziggy.  He played well enough last year to be playing.  And he was probably our best PK d-man. I know Groot is a PK guy with a huge reach, but I have been surprised by his lack of mobility. Saw guys burn around him several times last game. Oh and I thought Willy was the best player on the ice last game.  Go Big Willy.

GO CAPS!

richkrt99:

--- Quote from: richkrt99 on Tuesday January 19, 2021, 03:34:09 PM Eastern ---I listened to Lavy presser (from yesterday I think) and LOTS of questions about D changes and he sounded like NO changes or subs on D coming.

Although I just listened to one from this morning made some line changes on the O-lines.

He was happy with Eller and Panik's play so moved Oshie there to maybe get some more going.

Nice if it works.  I'd agree that Eller has played well.  Oshie works hard everywhere so maybe that will get them some production.

Little surprised no changes on D (even if just for a rest) Sucks for Ziggy.  He played well enough last year to be playing.  And he was probably our best PK d-man. I know Groot is a PK guy with a huge reach, but I have been surprised by his lack of mobility.  Saw guys burn around him several times last game.

Oh and I thought Willy was the best player on the ice last game.  Go Big Willy.

GO CAPS!

--- End quote ---

:wtf:
So....this is NOT intentional.

I listened to Lavy presser (from yesterday I think) and LOTS of questions about D changes and he sounded like NO changes or subs on D coming.

Although I just listened to one from this morning made some line changes on the O-lines.
He was happy with Eller and Panik's play so moved Oshie there to maybe get some more going.  Nice if it works.  I'd agree that Eller has played well.  Oshie works hard everywhere so maybe that will get them some production.

Little surprised no changes on D (even if just for a rest) Sucks for Ziggy.  He played well enough last year to be playing.  And he was probably our best PK d-man. I know Groot is a PK guy with a huge reach, but I have been surprised by his lack of mobility.  Saw guys burn around him several times last game.

Oh and I thought Willy was the best player on the ice last game.  Go Big Willy.

GO CAPS!!

alta:
next month we get to see how ugly these things are...

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/01/19/capitals-to-wear-reverse-retro-jersey-four-times-this-season/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version