Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

Capitals off season moves and draft picks

(1/22) > >>

alta:
this only makes sense if they intend to let Holts walk...

https://novacapsfans.com/2020/10/04/report-capitals-interested-in-signing-henrik-lundqvist/

richkrt99:
So they'd give up Holtby at $10m a year and pay Lundqvist $9m???

I guess maybe you could get him at a very short term deal???

Would you want to?

alta:
hate to say it, but I think I'd let Holts go. He clearly hasn't been the same without Korn, and the Caps are pretty well stacked with inexpensive goalies, but they're young without a lot of experience. Sammy did look good last season, prior to the covid 1984..

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/ask-me-anything-is-braden-holtby-calgarys-next-starting-goalie

richkrt99:
I think they have to let him walk.  Sammy is somewhat unproven, but don't see how the Caps afford Holtby no matter what unless they can offload big salary, and I was just as confident in Sammy last year.
Not to mention, I think Holtby will demand (and get) more than he is actually worth in a relatively long-term deal.....(especially for a cap-fucked team like the Caps)

Not to be politically incorrect (I don't want to hurt Zero's sensitive feelings) but ....are they the PRO carpet-munching, gay pride, be-whatever-gender-you-want-to be types out there in Calgary?  Maybe Holtby can drop the red white & blue stars & stripes on his helmet for a gay pride rainbow with a black lives matter slogan...and don't forget the dildos on there too.

ArJunaZ:

--- Quote from: richkrt99 on Monday October 05, 2020, 05:42:51 PM Eastern ---I think they have to let him walk.  Sammy is somewhat unproven, but don't see how the Caps afford Holtby no matter what unless they can offload big salary, and I was just as confident in Sammy last year.
Not to mention, I think Holtby will demand (and get) more than he is actually worth in a relatively long-term deal.....(especially for a cap-fucked team like the Caps)

Not to be politically incorrect (I don't want to hurt Zero's sensitive feelings) but ....are they the PRO carpet-munching, gay pride, be-whatever-gender-you-want-to be types out there in Calgary?  Maybe Holtby can drop the red white & blue stars & stripes on his helmet for a gay pride rainbow with a black lives matter slogan...and don't forget the dildos on there too.

--- End quote ---

LMAO Rich  :snicker:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version