Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

Laviolette Hired

(1/5) > >>

zerofox:
https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2020/09/15/capitals-hire-peter-laviolette-as-new-head-coach/#more-370637

justwincaps:
Of the three we've been hearing about, he seems the lesser of the evils. 

zerofox:

--- Quote from: justwincaps on Tuesday September 15, 2020, 09:53:39 AM Eastern ---Of the three we've been hearing about, he seems the lesser of the evils.

--- End quote ---

I don't think that gives Lavi enough credit. He's an experienced coach. He's won a Cup, had a few other Cup appearances. For a team that has had a bit of a history of going with inexperienced coaches, only to try an experienced coach and win its first Cup, and then go back to newbies, this is a welcome return to experience. I'm happy with this hiring. Perhaps some could argue Gallant is better, but Gallant also has flaws. Both are better than Babcock. And way better than any unproven coach. We don't have time to allow a newbie to learn the ropes.

alta:
yea, if the goal was to get Alex a second Cup, I really don't understand ted hiring reirdon

zerofox:

--- Quote from: alta on Tuesday September 15, 2020, 03:36:41 PM Eastern ---yea, if the goal was to get Alex a second Cup, I really don't understand ted hiring reirdon

--- End quote ---

Yeah we should have just hired an experienced coach immediately after Trotz. Reirden looks like a clueless dildo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version