Author Topic: 2019-20 pursuit of Lord Stanley’s Cup- round 1  (Read 4060 times)

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: 2019-20 pursuit of Lord Stanley’s Cup- round 1
« Reply #20 on: Friday August 14, 2020, 12:04:24 PM Eastern »
Ahem....hello? 

For God's sake.

The Thread man!  What about the thread?
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #21 on: Friday August 14, 2020, 09:06:40 PM Eastern »

I made the trip (drive) 2x back in the late 90's, before I moved. I've not driven out of the state since. I just hate driving any length anymore. 2 maybe 2.5 hours is my limit these days. Ass hurts, can't half see, old, grumpy... Yea, no.  :raspberry:  Your wife has the right idea! Break it up in -at least- half..  :)

I'm good for 500 miles/day driving.  Is this trip actually being considered?
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #22 on: Saturday August 15, 2020, 01:44:46 PM Eastern »

I'm good for 500 miles/day driving.  Is this trip actually being considered?

Sounds like at this point, likely not.  It would be an after party (like after the Caps get swept party)  :-(   I should have thought of it a few days earlier.  I mean it really just popped into my head on game day and I was thinking about Mick being in FLA, and thought, what the hell why not a road trip for Caps hockey.

But seriously, how about we plan one for next year if anyone's interested?  I mean...we can do several "local" meets for games and should definitely plan that again - I'd love to meet some of the gang, but I'd do a driving trip  too.  If we are considering FLA, then maybe go in the spring or even the dead of winter.  I actually hate FLA in the summer, but February or March might be a nice break.

This years "pandemic" has the whole country out of sorts, and I think starting the season up again in August was a mistake. We shall see if the games get better, but I'm not even sure the players hearts are really in this (well that's not unusual for Caps, but)..

Anyway...let's do something for real.  And where the hell is DC?  I would have thought he'd of been the 1st to volunteer.  Although maybe he's only partial to riding in Luxury cars  :raspberry:

Yuns all throw out your thoughts.  Let's do something...

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK