Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

Tech Issues/Suggestions

<< < (15/17) > >>

alta:

--- Quote from: Surreylily on Friday February 16, 2018, 12:25:19 AM Eastern ---
My dad (Pops) is a self proclaimed computer genius (go figure) and fixes several friends' computers.  Took my notebook over there and he looked it up.  This model officially cannot have it's disc replaced or enlarged.

I would be very happy if this was proved wrong.

--- End quote ---

changing the hard drive and adding memory are two different things, they actual different pieces. If you can increase memory it would help the maxed out hard drive.

ok
drive and disk are the same thing, I suspect it's a torch vs flashlight thing

Surreylily:

--- Quote from: alta on Friday February 16, 2018, 12:54:31 AM Eastern ---
changing the hard drive and adding memory are two different things, they actual different pieces. If you can increase memory it would help the maxed out hard drive.

hard drive and hard disk are same thing, I suspect it's a torch flashlight thing

--- End quote ---

Like I said before,don't know what a hard drive is.  My problem is with the disc.  ItS not my original PC, so I don't even know if it has a "hard drive".

I should just get my old and ancient PC fixed, huh?
The only thing wrong with it was the problem with the mouse connection in the actual PC.  Stupid and pathetic, but it is a nightmare to un-plumb my pc.  It was a major feat of engineering to get it set up in the first place.  I know it's a fault within the actual pc box itself that has a problem connecting to any mouse.  Including a remote one, so it is definitely an internal connection that has broken.  Then a friend gave me this notebook because they didn't use it.  I thought it was a laptop untill recently...  (roll eyes)

Meh.  Me and technology.  Same ole', same ole.    Sigh

Surreylily:
Where are you AJ?

OldHat:
I would like to respectfully ask for some confused/ huh/ raised eyebrow type emojis...

alta:
might be a day or two before admin responds, has the flu bad, I am but a simple pion and cannot do those kind of changes, am also beginning to feel as bad as he does

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version