Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

Hockey movies

(1/7) > >>

alta:
since we don't have any live hockey, what's everyone's top 10 hockey movies? Are there even 10?

I'd go with;
1: Miracle(2004)
2: Slap Shot(1977)
3: Youngblood(1986)
4: The Rocket(2005)
5: Goon(2011)
6: Mystery, Alaska(1999)
7: Mr Hockey: The Gordie Howe story(2013)
8: Ice Guardians(2016) , technically it's a documentary, and highly recommend to DC
9: The Cutting Edge(1992), technically not a hockey movie, but it's where "toe pick" comes from
10: Happy Gilmore(1996)

BarfingMonkey:
We just watched Miracle a few weeks ago, I had not seen it.

4 Caps:
I watched Miracle last night.  Tonight I think I will watch replay of Nats game 7 victory over the Astros.  Fortunately I have a lot of DVD’s of old Caps games.  At some point I will watch the run to the Stanley Cup in 2018. 

DC_1908:
Nice!!
Slap Short and Miracle can be interchangeable, ones the best fiction and the other is the best historical.

I’d replace Cutting Edge with either Tough Guy or The Russian Five. 

Though Tough Guy is about one of my favorite players of all time, I’d have to lean towards The Russian Five as it has larger affect on the sport as it details how four Hall Of Famers, (and one hell of a player),   where snuck out of Russia into The US.  Which started the fall or Russia’s International dominance and legends entering the NHL.

It’s really a must watch for any hockey fan, (even if they hate The Wings )

KollieOlizig:
    Slapshot is a classic. I have to watch it at least once every season. I already watched it this season but I may have to watch it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version