Author Topic: G65 Capitals @ Wild 8:00pm Sun Mar 1, 2020 NBCSWA, ESPN+, TSN3  (Read 27699 times)

KollieOlizig

Re: G65 Capitals @ Wild 8:00pm Sun Mar 1, 2020 NBCSWA, ESPN+, TSN3
« Reply #140 on: Sunday March 01, 2020, 11:39:25 PM Eastern »

Oh yeah!
 He has always been, the hardest player for me to notice, when he has a short bad stretch, every now and then.
 I guess I’ve become so used to his great overall consistency, and stability, that I’ve become accustomed to not looking for his errors!
 His forechecking, and checking on the boards, rarely ever rise to the level of being “teeth rattlers”,  but the checks he does execute, are usually quite strategic, purposeful, and effective!
I wasn’t really eyeing Backy much, tonite, but good to hear he’s picking it up a little!
      I have been focusing on his defensive game because he seems to have taken a step backward in that part of his game. He was fine tonight but being on a line with Vrana isn't making things easy for him and Oshie in the defensive zone.

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #141 on: Sunday March 01, 2020, 11:41:28 PM Eastern »
any win is a good win, the score sheet that gets you in the playoffs doesn’t have a column for
“won.. but”

Bullshit and you know it.
We are never going to win another Cup the way we are playing now.   We will never get past the first round.

Our face offs are BAD.  Our PK might be good, but it needs to be , considerig how many dumb fucking STUPID penalties we gie up.  EVERY FUCKING GAME!   STUPID, LAZY, DUMBASS penalties.  EVERY game.
Not even one to pick out more than onother.  They are all guilty.
Being the most talented team doesn't win you the Cup. 

We have a whole team riight now of "dumb as a box of frogs".
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #142 on: Sunday March 01, 2020, 11:43:17 PM Eastern »
      I have been focusing on his defensive game because he seems to have taken a step backward in that part of his game. He was fine tonight but being on a line with Vrana isn't making things easy for him and Oshie in the defensive zone.

Oshie is about the only player I have any respect for after this game.  and even that's pushing it.
Shamefull.  just shamefull.   :(
I am

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #143 on: Sunday March 01, 2020, 11:48:49 PM Eastern »
I joined late and saw the replay of the highstick on Oshie, and saw hit spitting blood.   Why wasn’t it a double minor?

Sorry for the delayed response Justwin!
I think I saw the same thing you did, just before the video cut, It showed Oshie spitting out a little blood from inside his mouth.

All I can tell you is, I DID see a referee approach, and take a look at him right after the penalty was called.  On the replay of it, I also saw Oshie drawing up some spit right away, to see if there was any blood, as well.
We’re left only to surmise, that at the time he was checked by the referee,  no blood was present, or it was a negligible amount, not sufficient enough to convince the REF that it was worthy of a four minute minor!
 I was wondering whether it may have looked as if the goalie intentionally left his stick up a little high, in order to “accidentally“ make contact with Oshies face!

Rush
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

KollieOlizig

« Reply #144 on: Sunday March 01, 2020, 11:49:57 PM Eastern »
Oshie is about the only player I have any respect for after this game.  and even that's pushing it.
Shamefull.  just shamefull.   :(
      Oshie is a hard worker and is responsible defensively. But I think I respect Tom Wilson. I can't think of anything bad about his game.

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #145 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:04:07 AM Eastern »
I like Little Willy also.    But you cannot tell me he hasn't bought in to "\klub Ketter".
There are only two people I see that kick that trend.  Oshie and Eller.
I am

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #146 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:14:13 AM Eastern »

I’m right there with you!👍
The lack of defensive responsibility from MANY of our forwards, Has been as big of an issue, perhaps even, the biggest issue facing our team right now!!
 It just has so many other negative tentacles to it, that expose, specifically, some of our worst weaknesses!  This makes us easier to scout, and prepare for, from our opponents point of view!

This is why I had included Backstrom with the other three!

Ovi actually HITS people A LOT, but in a random, and many times unrelated way,  relative to what’s happening on the ice!
Kuzy is very bad at checking, defensive responsibility, and showing really, any physicality to his game.
 I will say, though, that for the last two or three games he seems to have a little more energy and has attempted some physicality on the boards, not necessarily with much success, but may be a flicker that he’s made a decision to try and improve in this area!

Vrana, Every few games, he looks like he’s heading evermore south,  into the selfishness of deciding to give his best, on only 100 feet of ice!  I hope it’s just a youthful stage, and actually I thought he had that handled two years ago when Trotz “reset” his ass!
  He responded well to the discipline!  He started passing more, playing more in sync, and with better chemistry on his line,  and as a result started scoring like hotcakes.  He stuck with it mostly last year, but it seems that a little bit of a drought for him, maybe getting to him somewhat! Who knows?
 I just hope he gets back to being a more complete player!
 And yes I do think that Jake’s lack of defense, puts more of a burden on Backy!

Rush 

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #147 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:20:29 AM Eastern »
I like Little Willy also.    But you cannot tell me he hasn't bought in to "\klub Ketter".

I might put Hagelin in with that group, as well, Lil’.

( I really like Hagelin,  but it did take me a while to warm up to him, being a former HEN)!😁

And now that I think about it, that Leipzig, Dowd, Hathaway, 4th line, isn’t really marinated in the stench of “Klub Kettler” either!  They just don’t freaking score that much!!😆😁

Rush

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #148 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:27:42 AM Eastern »
You know what?  I've forced myself to stay  awake tukk stupid o'clock to watch this game, to  support my team and mymfellow Caps fans.  To watch this rubbish.

If any f you are on shiitter, or any of those other rdiculous and inane technological thimgmmys, plese forward my expressions to the ... "playyers"...

Hey fellas.  I DARE YOU to play that badly in front of me.   Face to face.  I DARE YOU!
3 questions
Do you not have ayn shame?
Do you not have any pride?
Do you not want to win?

One ore questiion.. Can you look at youself in the mirror?
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #149 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:36:58 AM Eastern »

( I really like Hagelin,  but it did take me a while to warm up to him, being a former HEN)!😁

And now that I think about it, that Leipzig, Dowd, Hathaway, 4th line, isn’t really marinated in the stench of “Klub Kettler” either!  They just don’t freaking score that much!!😆😁

Rush

Nope.
I like him too, but h also was rubbish ths game.
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #150 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:44:32 AM Eastern »

Then you dnot understand the true nature of KK

Rush

I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #151 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 12:49:34 AM Eastern »
Disgusted.
I am

Online richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #152 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 08:51:43 AM Eastern »
So I'm a little confused on where Lil  :hearts: stands on this game  :raspberry:
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #153 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 04:44:20 PM Eastern »
So I'm a little confused on where Lil  :hearts: stands on this game  :raspberry:

:rofl:

To be fair: Hath, Dowd, Haglin, Eller, Panik are all hard working, they just don't have skills to produce much on the score sheet. I know it's not really their job, but that's the "dig" on that group, imo.. The top guys barely have 200' between the 6..  Kovy hasn't really showed me why we need/got him, to this point..

* If it was to spark Kuzy, he looked pretty coked up the 1st game, but not much since..  :snicker:

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #154 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 06:19:23 PM Eastern »
     I thought Backstrom has been decent the past couple of games.

Backstrom has been coasting since he got back.  I said at the time they re-signed him, that we are going to really regret that contract.  Don't get me wrong, I have appreciated what he has done for us, but I'm not looking forward to watching him age.

KollieOlizig

« Reply #155 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 07:27:04 PM Eastern »

Backstrom has been coasting since he got back.  I said at the time they re-signed him, that we are going to really regret that contract.  Don't get me wrong, I have appreciated what he has done for us, but I'm not looking forward to watching him age.
   Unfortunately we have already seen the signs of aging. He is still a good player and has a good hockey IQ but the last 2 seasons we have seen a drop in his play. Especially on the defensive side. He went from a selke contender to an average defensive player. Bad thing is that he is still one of our better defensive players.

KollieOlizig

« Reply #156 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 07:30:52 PM Eastern »
   I'm not an Eller fan. I like the effort but he does make poor decisions with the puck. At both ends of the ice but especially entering the offensive zone.
    We have a few players that make poor decisions trying to enter the offensive zone. And it's mostly our star players.

KollieOlizig

« Reply #157 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 07:34:39 PM Eastern »

:rofl:

To be fair: Hath, Dowd, Haglin, Eller, Panik are all hard working, they just don't have skills to produce much on the score sheet. I know it's not really their job, but that's the "dig" on that group, imo.. The top guys barely have 200' between the 6..  Kovy hasn't really showed me why we need/got him, to this point..

* If it was to spark Kuzy, he looked pretty coked up the 1st game, but not much since..  :snicker:
     Hathaway, Dowd, Hagelin and even Panik know there limits. They aren't the most skilled but they do work hard and usually make good decisions. You don't see those guys hurt us very often because they are trying to do too much.

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #158 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 08:09:17 PM Eastern »
   Unfortunately we have already seen the signs of aging. He is still a good player and has a good hockey IQ but the last 2 seasons we have seen a drop in his play. Especially on the defensive side. He went from a selke contender to an average defensive player. Bad thing is that he is still one of our better defensive players.

Part of it is his style.  He has historically been a "smooth" player that has a high hockey IQ and got himself in the right positions.  I always felt like he got by more on talent than all-out effort.  When he was young, he not only got away with that, but was an elite player.  I'm afraid now as he ages, his talent will only make him an average player - and one with a big contract.

KollieOlizig

« Reply #159 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 08:26:16 PM Eastern »

Part of it is his style.  He has historically been a "smooth" player that has a high hockey IQ and got himself in the right positions.  I always felt like he got by more on talent than all-out effort.  When he was young, he not only got away with that, but was an elite player.  I'm afraid now as he ages, his talent will only make him an average player - and one with a big contract.
     Not going to argue about that but I still love him as a player and always will.