Author Topic: G62 Penguins @ Capitals 12:00pm Sun Feb 23, 2020 NBC, TVAS  (Read 16352 times)

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
Re: G62 Penguins @ Capitals 12:00pm Sun Feb 23, 2020 NBC, TVAS
« Reply #120 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 07:38:43 PM Eastern »

He sounds like a fool.  The closer checking and goalie play alone would have drastically reduced Gretzky's scoring.  He'd have had about 400-500 maybe.  Ovie, OTOH, WOULD have had 1000+ if he played in the 80's.
There’s also the salary cap to consider.  Gretzky played with what amounted to an All Star team, that ultimately had to trade him for cash as the team was going broke.  The cap alone would have dropped his totals.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #121 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 10:15:07 PM Eastern »
Let's GO Caps!

LMFAO, Barf!!😂🤣😂

Actually went to the game today. The whole atmosphere inside there changed when Dillen gave Malkin a close-up photo of his knuckles!!😁👍👍

Rush
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #122 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 10:44:32 PM Eastern »
     They haven't played well at all. Even the goal we got was a fluke.
We aren't spending anytime in the offensive zone because of poor puck management. We blame our d core but it's our forwards that are the bigger issue.
      Too many times our forwards won't get the puck deep. Instead they try to get cute and end up turning the puck over. Some of our favorite Caps are actually the worst.

Great to have a win that we needed desperately, but Kollie, IMHO, just posted the real BIG, and SAD, TRUTH! Irresponsible play, and bad pass decisions, from our forwards, at both ends of the ice,  is probably the biggest total difference for our demise!

Like I said, very happy for the win, but  unfortunately, it looked, not so much that we played well,  but fortunately, that we were able to take a small advantage of the Hens having a bad day, thank God!

When our FORWARDS, and like Kollie says, especially some of the big names, When they start playing RESPONSIBLE defense, to include a non-cheating, 200 foot game, AVOIDING  the low chance, stretch passes, (sent, most often, with hope and a prayer, NOT when the rare opportunity CALLS for it), we are one of the most difficult teams to beat, as that translates into more caps puck possession time in the opponents zone!

The goals will, then simply happen for us, because of our talent, AND, the time burden placed on our struggling defense, from our opponent, is significantly reduced, i.e. less opportunities for our opponent to score on us!

Very well said Kollie!👍

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Online Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #123 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 10:59:34 PM Eastern »

Great to have a win that we needed desperately, but Kollie, IMHO, just posted the real BIG, and SAD, TRUTH! Irresponsible play, and bad pass decisions, from our forwards, at both ends of the ice,  is probably the biggest total difference for our demise!

Like I said, very happy for the win, but  unfortunately, it looked, not so much that we played well,  but fortunately, that we were able to take a small advantage of the Hens having a bad day, thank God!

When our FORWARDS, and like Kollie says, especially some of the big names, When they start playing RESPONSIBLE defense, to include a non-cheating, 200 foot game, AVOIDING  the low chance, stretch passes, (sent, most often, with hope and a prayer, NOT when the rare opportunity CALLS for it), we are one of the most difficult teams to beat, as that translates into more caps puck possession time in the opponents zone!

The goals will, then simply happen for us, because of our talent, AND, the time burden placed on our struggling defense, from our opponent, is significantly reduced, i.e. less opportunities for our opponent to score on us!

Very well said Kollie!👍

Rush

Goals don't happen from talent.  They happe from HARD WORK
I am

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #124 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:04:08 PM Eastern »
Do you know why Ovi is one of... if not THE best player on the planet.. Give you a clue..

HARD WORK.
I am

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #125 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:07:36 PM Eastern »
oh, by the way Puck, I would love to hear/see your opinins in the "coaching" thread.   ;)
I am

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #126 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:46:56 PM Eastern »
Goals don't happen from talent.  They happe from HARD WORK

Don’t really get your point there, Lil’?
We DO have unique, and extremely talented GOAL scorers on our team, who through HARD WORK, and God given DNA, have perfected their skills to the point that SCORING GOALS,  for our Caps anyway, is pretty much going to automatically happen, if they’re given the ZONE TIME opportunity!

The Caps, for many seasons now, have never had an OFFENSIVE production problem.  Nobody has ever been worried whether we can score enough goals to win games!!

The Caps losses generally, are born from DEFENSIVE issues, including laziness, low effort, getting pucks out of our zone, WEAK forechecking, and backchecking, ineffectiveness in the crease, on defense, and the list goes on!

With the offensive talent on our team, for MANY years now, we have been one of the leading offensive production teams every season! Getting goals is NOT our issue!

When we play games where we occupy the opponents zone, for LONGER time, than they occupy time in ours, WE SCORE!,  we are that good!  And that almost always results in winning the game!!  This has been the overall winning signature that we have displayed for over 5+ years now!!

It’s when we get lazy, through defensive irresponsibility, in all it’s forms, that we turn the majority of scoring opportunities over to our opponents, thus ROBBING our VERY talented guys, who have WORKED HARD, to perfect their talents, of the opportunities to EXHIBIT them!

Conversely, IF the HARD WORK you mention, were to be PUT INTO the DEFENSIVE side of our game,  we would be an extremely difficult team to beat,  as we almost ALWAYS WIN, when our FORWARDS play defensively responsible!

When this happens, I still believe we are the toughest team in the league to beat, hands down!  It’s also one of the biggest reasons we won the Stanley Cup. The opponents skaters couldn’t even turn around,  without one of our guys being right up on them, it caused a ton of puck possession changes in our favor, and as a result, our very reliable offensive production skills, simply took over,  diminishing our opponents time in our zone, while increasing our time in opponents zone.
 It’s been working for us this way for years!!  It’s simply whether we execute it or not!

Couldn’t really tell by your comment, but maybe we’re seeing the same thing!

Rush

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #127 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:48:17 PM Eastern »
oh, by the way Puck, I would love to hear/see your opinins in the "coaching" thread.   ;)

Thanks Lil!

It’s getting a little bit late, but I’ll go over there tomorrow and make some comments. It’s a good thread !!👍
Thanks

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #128 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:53:33 PM Eastern »

Don’t really get your point there, Lil’?
We DO have unique, and extremely talented GOAL scorers on our team, who through HARD WORK, and God given DNA, have perfected their skills to the point that SCORING GOALS,  for our Caps anyway, is pretty much going to automatically happen, if they’re given the ZONE TIME opportunity!

The Caps, for many seasons now, have never had an OFFENSIVE production problem.  Nobody has ever been worried whether we can score enough goals to win games!!

The Caps losses generally, are born from DEFENSIVE issues, including laziness, low effort, getting pucks out of our zone, WEAK forechecking, and backchecking, ineffectiveness in the crease, on defense, and the list goes on!

With the offensive talent on our team, for MANY years now, we have been one of the leading offensive production teams every season! Getting goals is NOT our issue!

When we play games where we occupy the opponents zone, for LONGER time, than they occupy time in ours, WE SCORE!,  we are that good!  And that almost always results in winning the game!!  This has been the overall winning signature that we have displayed for over 5+ years now!!

It’s when we get lazy, through defensive irresponsibility, in all it’s forms, that we turn the majority of scoring opportunities over to our opponents, thus ROBBING our VERY talented guys, who have WORKED HARD, to perfect their talents, of the opportunities to EXHIBIT them!

Conversely, IF the HARD WORK you mention, were to be PUT INTO the DEFENSIVE side of our game,  we would be an extremely difficult team to beat,  as we almost ALWAYS WIN, when our FORWARDS play defensively responsible!

When this happens, I still believe we are the toughest team in the league to beat, hands down!  It’s also one of the biggest reasons we won the Stanley Cup. The opponents skaters couldn’t even turn around,  without one of our guys being right up on them, it caused a ton of puck possession changes in our favor, and as a result, our very reliable offensive production skills, simply took over,  diminishing our opponents time in our zone, while increasing our time in opponents zone.
 It’s been working for us this way for years!!  It’s simply whether we execute it or not!

Couldn’t really tell by your comment, but maybe we’re seeing the same thing!

Rush

Wha?

If you ere the motivational speaker for this team , I woud fiire you instanly.    :raspberry:
I am

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #129 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:55:25 PM Eastern »
Do you know why Ovi is one of... if not THE best player on the planet.. Give you a clue..

HARD WORK.

AGREED, YES!

But it’s also his hard work that makes his TALENT so automatic and reliable!! (Tee hee hee 😜)

I’m beginning to smell a “6 or 1/2 dozen” moment here, I believe!😁😁

I’ll check that coaching thread tomorrow!👍

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #130 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:57:27 PM Eastern »

AGREED, YES!

But it’s also his hard work that makes his TALENT so automatic and reliable!! (Tee hee hee 😜)

I’m beginning to smell a “6 or 1/2 dozen” moment here, I believe!😁😁

I’ll check that coaching thread tomorrow!👍

Rush
Fuck you luv and I'll add Sash /semin to that senolina,   ha ha!
I am

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #131 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 11:58:27 PM Eastern »
Get out of that one,,,,!smug face)    :raspberry:
I am

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #132 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 12:08:18 AM Eastern »

Wha?

If you ere the motivational speaker for this team , I woud fiire you instanly.    :raspberry:

LMFAO!
 You got a cut me a little slack Lil!!
 Hell even TROTZ had A difficult time motivating these guys!!
 I would not make a good motivational speaker for the Capitals anyway. I’m too damn old school !😂

I’m too impatient with the laziness/energy part that tends to rear its ugly head with this team!
 I would jump right to the old “machete in the locker room“, form of motivation!!😂🤣😂

Oh I would DEFINITELY be fired in a heartbeat !!😁😁

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #133 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 12:21:23 AM Eastern »

LMFAO!
 You got a cut me a little slack Lil!!
 Hell even TROTZ had A difficult time motivating these guys!!
 I would not make a good motivational speaker for the Capitals anyway. I’m too damn old school !😂

I’m too impatient with the laziness/energy part that tends to rear its ugly head with this team!
 I would jump right to the old “machete in the locker room“, form of motivation!!😂🤣😂

Oh I would DEFINITELY be fired in a heartbeat !!😁😁

Rush

;D   I hear ya
I am

KollieOlizig

« Reply #134 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 08:18:49 AM Eastern »

HARD WORK.
    Ovi works very hard in the offensive zone. Not always in the defensive zone but he is alot better defensively than he was in the past.
     He still tries to do too much at times and will make poor decisions. Our last overtime loss was because of a poor decision made by Ovi.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #135 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 09:51:42 AM Eastern »
Just saw on the NHL site, Hagelin scored his 100th goal this game.   :clap:   HUGE milestone.  I hope somebody gave him that puck.  I bet our comms would have known that, unlike the dumbass NBC idiots that never mentioned it.

Pretty sure that's why Backy passed him the puck (and Hags had a better step/angle to the net).
Backy knew it was #100.  Watch the replay and you can see him go to hug him and say "that's 100"

The moron announcers missed it, but they did call out his previous goal as 99 so you would think they could do the math for 1 more.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #136 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 09:53:21 AM Eastern »
I'm very glad for Haglin, he is really deserved it. They need someone better than Panic on their line.

Maybe you should play the lottery....

All you have to do is ask "need someone better" and POOF!  here comes Kovi   ;)

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #137 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 09:54:21 AM Eastern »
I'm very glad for Haglin, he is really deserved it. They need someone better than Panic on their line.

And while your at it....

Maybe ask for some more Dmen and another Stanley Cup  ;D
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #138 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 09:59:08 AM Eastern »
Is there any correlation with team poor  performance after acquiring Dillon? As same shit happened when we acquired Shatternkik several seasons ago..

Not a chance.  Totally different style of player and the grit guys are usually well liked.  I'd say after today, they will really like him.

Fucking Malkin is a douche.  Starts throwing "punches" when Dillon is tied up by linesman, then when they let em go he fucking turtles like a puss.  Think Dillon got him one good one though.
So glad to see this.  Dillon was standing up for a cheap shot to a team mate and then Malkin tried the same on him.  Glad the linesmen got out and gave Dillon a chance to even the score.

I'm liking this guy.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline Pavel095

« Reply #139 on: Monday February 24, 2020, 10:13:34 AM Eastern »

Not a chance.  Totally different style of player and the grit guys are usually well liked.  I'd say after today, they will really like him

Agree, I’m just saying  that adding a new guy in  D line during Trade deadlines could be a lottery as sometimes it damages team morale and performance as it happened with Shatternkik.
However, Dillon to me looks great addition so far!