Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

DC_1908s Whiskey, Beer, and Cigar Club

<< < (3/8) > >>

DC_1908:

--- Quote from: alta on Tuesday March 13, 2018, 01:25:05 PM Eastern ---[size=78%]

I could be wrong but I thought Cuban cigars have been legal here for quite a few years now[/size]

--- End quote ---
Weeeellllllll. As I understand it,not completely legal.  As in your corner shop can’t order them.  I’m also not sure about what customs would do if it’s more than just a case or so.

DC_1908:
The great people at Founders had two of thier classics on tap last trip, the first being one of my all time favs:DOOM!!
it is technically an Imperial IPA, though you can’t really tell, but is whiskey barrell aged, to highly tastey/gimmie more at over 12%, certainly not for the weak . . .

DC_1908:

--- Quote from: DC_1908 on Tuesday March 27, 2018, 10:21:05 AM Eastern ---The great people at Founders had two of thier classics on tap last trip, the first being one of my all time favs:DOOM!!
it is technically an Imperial IPA, though you can’t really tell, but is whiskey barrell aged, to highly tastey/gimmie more at over 12%, certainly not for the weak . . .

--- End quote ---

DC_1908:

Grand Vintage Malt 1989
An inspired assemblage
For more than a century, Glenmorangie’s pure spirit was distilled within the familiar walls of our former still house. But at the end of the 1980s, desire for our fine Highland single malt whisky soared ever higher. And all at the Distillery knew that the tenure of this venerable, yet diminutive building must soon draw to a close...By 1990, Warehouse No.1, the largest of Glenmorangie’s 19th century Bonded warehouses, had been transformed into a majestic new still house, extensive enough to house further stills.  We celebrate its heritage in our Vintage Collection Bond House No. 1 – a series of rare vintage expressions, marked for greatness from their origin years. Each expression in the collection is captured in its prime by our skilful whisky creators, and deemed ready to share, only at their behest.

As I do with all announcements  of new rare and/or high end Glennmorangie, I will  revert to my inner 6 year old:
GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!! GIMMIE!!
NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW!

I just texted my dealer (technically bar manager/mixologist), to get a quote and to order . . .You guys will have to get up here to try it!

DC_1908:
Barrel Aged Marzen (Sam Adams Octoberfest) . . .

This goes above and beyond beer.  “Perfect” is an understatement

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version