Author Topic: GDT#48 Flyers @ Capitals 2018-01-21 12:30pm EST NBC, TVAS  (Read 28608 times)

Offline 4 Caps

Re: GDT#48 Flyers @ Capitals 2018-01-21 12:30pm EST NBC, TVAS
« Reply #100 on: Sunday January 21, 2018, 07:30:01 PM Eastern »
Ovi was our best player. He played well at both ends of the ice

I agree Ovie played hard in both ends of the ice and even though he scored a goal I still think he is mishandling the puck a lot which I did not see him do so much before the break.  That is why I said he seems out of sync. 

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #101 on: Sunday January 21, 2018, 07:35:05 PM Eastern »
I admit I am biased against Carlson. I used to like him but his lackadaisical style and poor decision-making just wore me down. We've all played sports with, or known guys that get by with natural ability and could be so much better with more effort. Those guys are so frustrating. Carlson is one of those guys. In this case, all he had to do was step into the guy and take the body.

Regarding Kuzy and Orlov, I do tend to give them a pass when they do something stupid. Most of the time though, they are giving the effort, but just made a bad play. I will say Kuzy has some times that he has made some bad decisions.

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #102 on: Sunday January 21, 2018, 07:39:37 PM Eastern »

I don’t know if I officially moved over but I am here and it is good to participate again in good hockey discussions.  I am not going to abandon the official board but there is no one there and I was just talking to myself.
4Caps, i'm very glad to see you here! I really like to read all your posts.

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #103 on: Sunday January 21, 2018, 07:50:11 PM Eastern »
I admit I am biased against Carlson. I used to like him but his lackadaisical style and poor decision-making just wore me down. We've all played sports with, or known guys that get by with natural ability and could be so much better with more effort. Those guys are so frustrating. Carlson is one of those guys. In this case, all he had to do was step into the guy and take the body.

Regarding Kuzy and Orlov, I do tend to give them a pass when they do something stupid. Most of the time though, they are giving the effort, but just made a bad play. I will say Kuzy has some times that he has made some bad decisions.

If Carlson improved as Orlov, he could be in top 10 D in the league. Like a few years back I just thought Caps have no adequate coaches for D. Now I think we are not bad, even unexperienced D, demonstrate their improvements. I don't want to bash Carlson, he is not bad, just...   

Offline 4 Caps

« Reply #104 on: Sunday January 21, 2018, 08:26:04 PM Eastern »
4Caps, i'm very glad to see you here! I really like to read all your posts.

Thanks RavenCp for the kind words. 

Maacoshark

« Reply #105 on: Monday January 22, 2018, 08:28:25 AM Eastern »

If Carlson improved as Orlov, he could be in top 10 D in the league. Like a few years back I just thought Caps have no adequate coaches for D. Now I think we are not bad, even unexperienced D, demonstrate their improvements. I don't want to bash Carlson, he is not bad, just...
   Carlson might be a top 10 dman now. I would rank him somewhere around that spot.
As for Orlov he has improves his game immensely but he still makes poor decisions. The pairing if Orlov and Niskanen has been our worst pairing recently. I do like Orlov and I thinknhe is the future of the dcore.