Author Topic: **CAPS FORUM GET TOGETHER**  (Read 18539 times)

Offline PUCKNRUSH

Re: **CAPS FORUM GET TOGETHER**
« Reply #20 on: Saturday January 18, 2020, 12:16:23 PM Eastern »
A place letting us in is never a problem.  However, not getting thrown out is, 😈😇😁. and they didn’t throw us out!!

It is well known that smoking cigars, can soothe the savage beast!😁😁

Rush
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Ozzies09tc

« Reply #21 on: Saturday January 18, 2020, 01:12:33 PM Eastern »
Hey Rush,

Some things to help all members that would like to attend for a next year kinds thing, when the schedule comes out post four or five games as a poll and let members vote and comment which they could make.

Allows you to get some feedback and idea of what people's lives and schedules are while allowing members an idea of when they can plan ahead and have more time to prepare for something like this.

This is how we get the money pooled/etc for attending the suite games, we voted in oct for games in jan/feb/mar/apr and now we are going to the blues/bruins rematch in april  8)
you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just
because some watery tart threw a sword at you

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #22 on: Saturday January 18, 2020, 03:16:56 PM Eastern »
Hey Rush,

Some things to help all members that would like to attend for a next year kinds thing, when the schedule comes out post four or five games as a poll and let members vote and comment which they could make.

Allows you to get some feedback and idea of what people's lives and schedules are while allowing members an idea of when they can plan ahead and have more time to prepare for something like this.

This is how we get the money pooled/etc for attending the suite games, we voted in oct for games in jan/feb/mar/apr and now we are going to the blues/bruins rematch in april  8)
Tell ya what, since you and Mick are the farthest away, give us a date or two and we’ll take care of the rest 😁

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #23 on: Saturday January 18, 2020, 08:09:34 PM Eastern »
Hey Rush,

Good idea Ozzie!
 What you’re talking about is a little more of a formally planned outing, (with monetary contributions and all).  I am DEFINITELY for something like that!

If we were to lease a suite for a Caps game, as you suggested, we would definitely have to bring a more democratic process to the whole thing!
I believe we would have to call it a “first annual” something, LOL, as it will be the first of its kind, as far as I am aware, for this board!

Again, I am ALL IN, for something like that, and as I mentioned I will be checking with one of my HVAC customers, for some kind of decent deal, for his suite at Cap One, that he can give our board!😁

Hell, depending on the timing, we could even try something like that before the season ends this year!

Of course, our little get together, is much more impromptu and informal.  If we can get a more formal thing going, like what you’re talking about, down the road, then we’ll have to have quite a bit more planning involved!

Who knows, since you have some experience at this kind of thing, (with the Blues group),  and I have a possible connection, we just may have to chat in the future and make the thing HAPPEN!!👍

Rush 

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #24 on: Monday January 20, 2020, 01:55:16 AM Eastern »

It doesn’t matter what laws the communists pass this session, they don’t take effect until July 1.
Even then, as we’ve seen in Australia and New Zealand, most people won’t abide by bullshit laws, and those people weren’t raised with a 2nd amendment
I'm going to take my response and other related posts on the Virginia gun assault and rally from this thread to the "Calm Before the Storm" thread.

https://washingtoncapitalsfanforum.com/index.php/topic,61.msg32149.html#msg32149

We should leave this thread solely for the get together.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #25 on: Monday January 20, 2020, 09:11:46 AM Eastern »

Rush - unfortunately, I won't be able to make is as  I won't be in the DC area then.  Sounds like a great time and I'm sure there will be some interesting "color" analysis on the game.

Offline BarfingMonkey

• MTFBWY
« Reply #26 on: Monday January 20, 2020, 10:56:54 AM Eastern »
Most likely going to join, 2.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday January 21, 2020, 12:04:36 AM Eastern »
Most likely going to join, 2.

Cool Barf!!
Lookin’ forward to it!
Bring your 3 girlfriends pictured above too! (You da MAN!)😁

Then when Rich wears his three jerseys,  he will forget all about me having to buy him extra beers!!😂🤣

Rush 
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday January 21, 2020, 12:08:32 AM Eastern »
Rush - unfortunately, I won't be able to make is as  I won't be in the DC area then.  Sounds like a great time and I'm sure there will be some interesting "color" analysis on the game.

Totally understand Beags!👍

As I’m sure you’ve read in the prior posts, we may take Ozzie‘s idea, and turn this into a more formal matter next year, with maybe a suite at the game!
 Thanks for letting me know, Beags!

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline 4 Caps

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday January 21, 2020, 04:43:10 PM Eastern »
I won’t be able to make it either, I am in Minnesota that week where I am now and let me tell you, it is cold but fortunately I can stay inside for the most part. 

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday January 21, 2020, 11:43:52 PM Eastern »
I won’t be able to make it either, I am in Minnesota that week where I am now and let me tell you, it is cold but fortunately I can stay inside for the most part.

I appreciate you letting me know 4Caps!
Ya know, if I recall correctly, I think back when I first posted with you, we may have talked a bit about Minnesota!

My wife and I went up and vacationed there, driving along that highway that follows the shore of Lake Superior! We visited Duluth, Lutsen, and Grand Marais! It was beautiful up there!

Anyway, we’d certainly have liked to meet, and talk some hockey with you!
It’s looking like we have a good reason to get a bigger, more formal outing going, maybe next season, as mentioned in this thread!
 What would really be nice is if we have a second Stanley Cup to talk about next year!!

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline 4 Caps

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday January 22, 2020, 09:21:06 AM Eastern »
Yes the North Shore Drive as it is called is very nice and scenic.  My wife’s brother lives up in that area, although that area gets a lot of snow so not a good place to be in the winter. 

Hopefully we can work something out next season, it would be fun to get together.  A couple of seasons ago when Lily came over here a few of us did meet at a Caps practice.  Totally agree it would be nice to meet after the Caps won another Cup.  I think it could happen. 

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday January 22, 2020, 12:32:17 PM Eastern »
QUICK UPDATE on the GET TOGETHER!

WHO’S IN, so far, or likely to attend:
(in no particular order)

AJ, + 2 guests
RUSH, + 1 guest
DC
LADY
RICH, +1 guest
BARF, + 3 hotties, (all to himself, you bastard)🤪🤪

NOT ATTENDING, so far, but will be remembered “in spirit”, (great call Mick):
(AND potential attendees for next year)!!

OZZIE
BEAGS
4CAPS
MICKSTIX

I appreciate all who have notified the board so far, one way or the other.
 Honestly, in the quick planning of this thing, both DC and I had thought we would have maybe 5-7 folks coming out!
We are already looking at 8-10, at least, and hoping to hear from many more!

As mentioned before, the Caps game will be on at 1 PM, and we expect folks to start arriving anytime after 12, unless you’re doing that “breakfast buffet” thing offered by the establishment. (I have heard it is excellent)!  I believe it’s offered between 11 AM and 3 PM.

Looking forward to it folks!!

Rush

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday January 22, 2020, 03:43:58 PM Eastern »
For all those not sure - I would HIGHLY reccommend going.
My experience was a little more extreme, coming all the way from England and all, but WELL worth it.  a little overwhelming for me, tbh!   :huh:

Putting faces to the names and comments and points of view.  All different ages,, both sexes. ( ... Oh wait...  :P )

If I could be there I would. Absolutely! 
If you can work it, I would suggest you go.   ;)

Well jell!

Really hope this bocomes a thang!

:koolaid: :wow:
I am

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #34 on: Thursday January 23, 2020, 04:15:38 AM Eastern »
My experience was a little more extreme, coming all the way from England and all, but WELL worth it.  a little overwhelming for me, tbh!   :huh:

Putting faces to the names and comments and points of view.  All different ages,, both sexes. ( ... Oh wait...  :P )

Well jell!

It's good to see that you are back on your meds after that stroke Lil.  Your typing is a dead giveaway.   :snicker:
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #35 on: Thursday January 23, 2020, 03:52:06 PM Eastern »

Well jell!

Thanks Lil 👍

Just a little swim across the pond gets you here!!😀 (You can always pretend Alan May is coming!)😁😁

Rush 

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #36 on: Thursday January 23, 2020, 04:55:52 PM Eastern »

Thanks Lil 👍

Just a little swim across the pond gets you here!!😀 (You can always pretend Alan May is coming!)😁😁

Rush

Oooohhh!  Alan May.....    :wow: :wow: :wow:
I am

Offline Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #37 on: Thursday January 23, 2020, 05:25:10 PM Eastern »

It's good to see that you are back on your meds after that stroke Lil.  Your typing is a dead giveaway.   :snicker:

;D
I watch and type on my laptop .  I have to lean oover a tray thingammy to reach the keypad.  Not great for balance.  Consequently,I tend to balance with my thumbs sometimes and encroach on the touchpad in the middle, which sends the text all skew=whiffy.   :wackysmile:
Occasionally I try to correct the situation, but at two or three o'clock in the morning and when I've tried that a couple oof times already, I just hit "post" and assume you'll work it out.   :lmao:

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I am

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #38 on: Thursday January 23, 2020, 06:42:15 PM Eastern »

;D
I watch and type on my laptop .  I have to lean oover a tray thingammy to reach the keypad.  Not great for balance.  Consequently,I tend to balance with my thumbs sometimes and encroach on the touchpad in the middle, which sends the text all skew=whiffy.   :wackysmile:
Occasionally I try to correct the situation, but at two or three o'clock in the morning and when I've tried that a couple oof times already, I just hit "post" and assume you'll work it out.   :lmao:

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Yes, well that's all well and good (excuse-wise) but none of us has yet to fully decipher this gem:

Re: I have a question
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 09:53:41 PM »
[size=0.85em][/size][/b][/size]
[size=0.85em]Quote[/r]
[/size][/b][/size]
  • [size=0.85em][/b][/size][/l]

I had to a.....I would e sk cospfriendly personl di   ussion board.
    I I thought    ounger ate andd ri if  thoug thi waAs opposed to a .
    s ab OPEB forum
    I would be  little more reservd

And I'm sticking to my translation that it has something to do with you not being Adverse to some eco-friendly multi-personal (ahem....threesome) action in the past when you were a little less reserved  :angel:

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #39 on: Thursday January 23, 2020, 06:43:59 PM Eastern »
And you can tell there no hockey....peeps replying to messages from weeks ago  ;D
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK