Author Topic: **CAPS FORUM GET TOGETHER**  (Read 18535 times)

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
Re: **CAPS FORUM GET TOGETHER**
« Reply #60 on: Saturday February 22, 2020, 04:31:44 PM Eastern »
You guys having fun?   :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I am

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #61 on: Saturday February 22, 2020, 06:56:18 PM Eastern »
Sorry you guys had to see that mess.. At least Ovie got 700 and hopefully the "spirits" were flowin!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline BarfingMonkey

• MTFBWY
« Reply #62 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 07:09:52 AM Eastern »

Fun get together aside from the loss, like what Mick mentioned, at least we saw 700 from Ovi!

Thanks Rush for the cigar!  Thanks DC fro the HOPSLAM!

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #63 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 01:07:42 PM Eastern »
It was a good time at the get together.
Good people, and yeah that Hopslam is tasty stuff, not to mention STRONG!  Thanks DC.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #64 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 10:03:11 PM Eastern »
Fun get together aside from the loss, like what Mick mentioned, at least we saw 700 from Ovi!

Thanks Rush for the cigar!  Thanks DC fro the HOPSLAM!

Great to see ya Barf!
 It was truly a very good time, and actually helped to soften the frustration of the loss!

Glad you enjoyed the cigar and Hopslam. Thank YOU for the vodka shots as well!

Rush
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #65 on: Sunday February 23, 2020, 10:08:40 PM Eastern »
It was a good time at the get together.
Good people, and yeah that Hopslam is tasty stuff, not to mention STRONG!  Thanks DC.

It was good to finally meet you in person AJ, as we had already talked on the phone quite a bit!
 You’re a real gentleman!  Appreciate the very long drive you had to get there, also!

Hopefully we can do it again before the end of the season.  We can even choose another location, maybe a little closer to everybody!👍

Dare I mention, picking a place maybe, to watch a PLAYOFF game!!
OH YES, I DO DARE!!!

Rush

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #66 on: Saturday February 29, 2020, 12:00:02 AM Eastern »
Moving from informal, to even LESS informal, 😁, I had mentioned in another recent thread, about getting together to watch the Pittsburgh game on Saturday, March 7th.

DC and I are going to be watching the game, SOMEWHERE, that day, and wanted to check with some of you folks here, if you were interested in getting together with us!

All are welcome, especially those that may have missed the last, recent get together!

We are considering 4 potential places.

1. Repeat at the LakeHouse Bungalow in Sterling/Cascades. (everyone liked the place)!
 but it’s a bit of a drive.
2. Fast Eddies in Centreville, VA
3. Glory Days in Gainesville, VA
4. Old Busthead Brewery in Bristow, VA

And depending on who all is interested, we are open for suggestions for another place, as well!

Anyway, let us know on this thread here. It’s just a little over a week away!

(Ok,....my first beer offer, will be in effect again!!
 COME ON CAPS FANS!!!👍👍👍

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #67 on: Monday March 02, 2020, 08:45:21 AM Eastern »
Moving from informal, to even LESS informal, 😁, I had mentioned in another recent thread, about getting together to watch the Pittsburgh game on Saturday, March 7th.

DC and I are going to be watching the game, SOMEWHERE, that day, and wanted to check with some of you folks here, if you were interested in getting together with us!

All are welcome, especially those that may have missed the last, recent get together!

We are considering 4 potential places.

1. Repeat at the LakeHouse Bungalow in Sterling/Cascades. (everyone liked the place)!
 but it’s a bit of a drive.
2. Fast Eddies in Centreville, VA
3. Glory Days in Gainesville, VA
4. Old Busthead Brewery in Bristow, VA

And depending on who all is interested, we are open for suggestions for another place, as well!

Anyway, let us know on this thread here. It’s just a little over a week away!

(Ok,....my first beer offer, will be in effect again!!
 COME ON CAPS FANS!!!👍👍👍

Rush

Ah man, I can't do this Saturday.  I have an all day training on Saturday that was scheduled months ago.  Oh wait?  Is the game a day game or evening....
Oh pooh.  it's 1:00pm

This is on my end of town too.  Actually Old Bust Head Brewery is about 2 minutes from my office, but I can't go Saturday anyway .  Does Old Bust head have TV's?  I have not been in there in a while.  Anyway, no matter to me this time :'(

I promise I will come to one of these when the timing is right.  Location won't matter much to me - I'll go wherever (well....maybe not Baltimore wherever  :P )

Actually Old Bust Head is probably not very convenient for anyone but maybe me and Puck...or was it AJ who lived out here in God's country?  ...although I don't really know where any yuns live since I'm not a stalker tracking your IP like DC and AJ   :snicker:

Anyway, have a good time.  I will miss you.  I promise I'll make one this year.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday March 03, 2020, 09:59:43 PM Eastern »

Ah man, I can't do this Saturday.  I have an all day training on Saturday that was scheduled months ago.  Oh wait?  Is the game a day game or evening....
Oh pooh.  it's 1:00pm

This is on my end of town too.  Actually Old Bust Head Brewery is about 2 minutes from my office, but I can't go Saturday anyway .  Does Old Bust head have TV's?  I have not been in there in a while.  Anyway, no matter to me this time :'(

I promise I will come to one of these when the timing is right.  Location won't matter much to me - I'll go wherever (well....maybe not Baltimore wherever  :P )

Actually Old Bust Head is probably not very convenient for anyone but maybe me and Puck...or was it AJ who lived out here in God's country?  ...although I don't really know where any yuns live since I'm not a stalker tracking your IP like DC and AJ   :snicker:

Anyway, have a good time.  I will miss you.  I promise I'll make one this year.

Thanks Rich, and no worries.
DC and I aren’t quite sure where we’re watching the game yet.
A few weeks ago, was the first time I’d ever checked out Old Busthead Brewery. I only live 2 or 3 miles away from it, but I just never really got around to it!

It does have a few TVs, and a lot of different varieties of beer.  I got the impression, however that it is a little more of a family and kids oriented place, despite the beer sales, so the atmosphere, although very nice, didn’t seem to be focused much on promoting itself as a place to watch “sports”!
It seems more of an emphasis on local area activity promotion.  Which, of course, is perfectly fine, and also lets remember, that I’ve only been there one time, and I could be completely wrong.

And really, my intent with this one is not really pushing a “get together” per se.
 It’s more of just an easy mention that DC and I will be checking out this Saturday’s game against the Hens, somewhere around town, and if it’s convenient, board folks can feel free to meet up with us!
We are favoring Glory Days in Gainesville, right off 29,  but that’s not set in stone yet!

I know you work hard, Rich, so maybe an easier idea, if you like, would be for you take a look at the remaining schedule, (or take our chances on a playoff game)😁, and see what works for you!

I’m almost 1/2 retired, so I’m usually pretty flexible! Just let me know.

And for that matter, hell, we can keep this thread open for if, or when, ANYONE here, may want to initiate watching a game together with others of us on the board!

I mean, we really haven’t had a thread to put that into practice!  I think it would be nice to have a little informative thread for that purpose!   We might as well use this one. WHY NOT, right? 👍

Lastly Rich, there’s a good chance that DC and I may carry on into the evening, this Saturday, if you want to get together later on!
Thanks Rich.

Rush

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline OurLadyOfPatience

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #69 on: Thursday March 05, 2020, 08:48:16 PM Eastern »

Lastly Rich, there’s a good chance that DC and I may carry on into the evening, this Saturday, if you want to get together later on!
Thanks Rich.

Rush

Rich I can 110% tell you until DC crashes the party is in full go mode.

That said, it will be at a 100km length from me : ). I have a busy day planned for Sunday in MD and will be making the normal 1st weekend club dance night in B’more to get my exercise on!
Impossible to kill; many have tried, all have failed.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #70 on: Friday March 06, 2020, 05:37:45 PM Eastern »

That said, it will be at a 100km length from me : ). I have a busy day planned for Sunday in MD and will be making the normal 1st weekend club dance night in B’more to get my exercise on!
You exasperate.   I do not “crash” parties, I make/take over them 😁, and all enjoy

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #71 on: Friday March 06, 2020, 06:06:58 PM Eastern »
You guys decide on a spot for Saturday?  Still Glory Days?
Depending on what time I'm finished Saturday, I might try to come by.  (just don't hold your breath)
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #72 on: Friday March 06, 2020, 07:33:13 PM Eastern »
You guys decide on a spot for Saturday?  Still Glory Days?
Depending on what time I'm finished Saturday, I might try to come by.  (just don't hold your breath)

Hey Rich!
Yes. Glory Days is the place!  After the game is over, we may migrate somewhere else!
 But I’m not planning on traveling far, either way. Will keep the board posted if we go somewhere else!
Hope you can make it!

Rush

BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #73 on: Friday March 06, 2020, 07:47:51 PM Eastern »
I think I will be tied up till 6 so we shall see....

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #74 on: Friday March 06, 2020, 09:27:25 PM Eastern »

Hey Lady!
 How have you been?
 I hadn’t asked, but had just figured you were going to be there with DC, but I totally understand.
My Baby is staying home too, so your boy and I will tip back a shot for both you and my sweetie!👍
 We will make sure to get together another time!

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #75 on: Friday March 06, 2020, 09:32:42 PM Eastern »
I think I will be tied up till 6 so we shall see....

Cool!👍
I’m just guessing, 😁,  but I’ll just say, knowing DC, “after 6”, would be a damn good bet!!😂🤣

Rush
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline richkrt99

• Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #76 on: Monday March 09, 2020, 12:00:23 PM Eastern »
Sorry fellas, as much as I wanted to join you, I was beat and just went home and watched the Hens get smacked (about 6 hours behind schedule)

maybe next time.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK