Author Topic: GDT G6 Capitals @ Stars 8:00pm Sat Oct 12, 2019 NBCSWA, FS-SW  (Read 9094 times)

Online Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
Re: GDT G6 Capitals @ Stars 8:00pm Sat Oct 12, 2019 NBCSWA, FS-SW
« Reply #40 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:25:38 PM Eastern »
Fuck me - I swear, everytime this year I’ve had a chance to sit down and watch the Caps, the other team scores.   

Leonsis just called and told me to stop watching!

Later peeps.

You better not be bluffing!!!  :wackysmile: :snicker:  Fuck that man! Watch em'!!

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #41 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:26:29 PM Eastern »
Caamano did basically the same thing Gudas did and dislodged the net. Why did he not get a delay penalty?
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #42 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:27:34 PM Eastern »
Fuck me - I swear, everytime this year I’ve had a chance to sit down and watch the Caps, the other team scores.   

Leonsis just called and told me to stop watching!

Later peeps.

Stay. Caps got this!   :cross:

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #43 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:28:51 PM Eastern »
Caamano did basically the same thing Gudas did and dislodged the net. Why did he not get a delay penalty?

Because he's wearing a green sweater.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #44 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:31:50 PM Eastern »
Backy BRAIN FART Icing that pass!

Offline apace41

• Hockey Deity
« Reply #45 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:32:52 PM Eastern »
Nicky looks like shit on this PP.

Online Mickstix

• Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #46 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:38:45 PM Eastern »
Gettin a little ragged here.. Need 4 solid minutes!!!

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #47 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:42:13 PM Eastern »
I though Panik had his first goal. 

Online Mickstix

• Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #48 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:42:51 PM Eastern »
2 missed empty nets.. lol

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #49 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:44:54 PM Eastern »
:8:

ENG

Online Mickstix

• Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #50 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:45:27 PM Eastern »
There it is! OVI!! First regulation win in that barn..  :hearts:  Good game! Samsonov looks, good!! If Reirden has any balls, he gets the start vs Colorado as well..

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #51 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:46:39 PM Eastern »
 :cw:

Great Effort!

First regulation win ever in this arena for the Caps.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #52 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:51:19 PM Eastern »

1st Period
03:17  PP GOAL 43-Wilson, assists 13-Vrana & 28 Leipsic   1-0 WSH

2nd Period
07:13  PP GOAL 74-Carlson, assists 21-Hathaway & 26-Dowd   2-0 WSH

3rd Period
03:35  GOAL 92-Kuznetsov, assists 19-Bäckström & 74-Carlson   3-0 WSH
07:00  Stars GOAL Faksa, assists Janmark & Heiskanen   3-1 WSH
19:03  EN GOAL 8-Ovechkin, assist 43-Wilson   4-1 WSH

FINAL:     4-1 WSH

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #53 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 10:59:13 PM Eastern »
Wow. This game was as complete of an effort as I've seen from the Caps so far. I just wish every game were like this...

The Good

-PK stood on their heads, killing off 6/6
-PP was pretty good, particularly PP2 with solid puck movement. Hopefully PP1 gets it going too
-Samsonov showing early signs of being our future starter. Bye bye $10 million Holtby.
-Full 60 minute effort. Was expecting a 3rd period collapse again
-4th line has impressed. They aren't your typical no-skill grinders/thugs. They've actually got some decent speed and creativity which is interesting for a 4th line.
-Really wanted to see Ovi get a goal, especially after those beautiful chances he had earlier in the game. Glad he finally got one. Really the cherry on top for this game.
-Gudas has looked like a solid addition. I was concerned that Gudas over Nisky was a downgrade, but Gudas seems to fit right in. Would like to see a little more snarl from him though.
-Got a huge monkey off our backs by finally beating Dallas on the road

The Bad

-3rd line seems invisible
-Would like to see a little more 5 on 5 offense from our top 6. We've relied a little bit too much on special teams for our offense in the past couple of games.

The Ugly

-Todd Reirden's face

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #54 on: Saturday October 12, 2019, 11:02:16 PM Eastern »

The Ugly

-Todd Reirden's face

:lol:

I know, I'm really bad!

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #55 on: Sunday October 13, 2019, 02:52:29 AM Eastern »
Wow. This game was as complete of an effort as I've seen from the Caps so far. I just wish every game were like this...

The Good

-PK stood on their heads, killing off 6/6
-PP was pretty good, particularly PP2 with solid puck movement. Hopefully PP1 gets it going too
-Samsonov showing early signs of being our future starter. Bye bye $10 million Holtby.
-Full 60 minute effort. Was expecting a 3rd period collapse again
-4th line has impressed. They aren't your typical no-skill grinders/thugs. They've actually got some decent speed and creativity which is interesting for a 4th line.
-Really wanted to see Ovi get a goal, especially after those beautiful chances he had earlier in the game. Glad he finally got one. Really the cherry on top for this game.
-Gudas has looked like a solid addition. I was concerned that Gudas over Nisky was a downgrade, but Gudas seems to fit right in. Would like to see a little more snarl from him though.
-Got a huge monkey off our backs by finally beating Dallas on the road

The Bad

-3rd line seems invisible
-Would like to see a little more 5 on 5 offense from our top 6. We've relied a little bit too much on special teams for our offense in the past couple of games.

The Ugly

-Todd Reirden's face

Agree with the whole summation, Zero! Including Reirden!!🤣😂
That 4th line really has some fire and ZIP. I think Dowd is a much better fit at center, for Zig and Hathaway!
Although Dowd may possess a little less shooting skill than Stephenson, I’ll take Dowd’s full-tilt hustle and grit, as the better energy match combo, (with Zig and Hathaway)! They’re hard to keep up with!

Yes, PK was great! That PP2 was sick scary! They created a TON of opportunities, which SHOULD pan out for us, as they get used to each other, thus more cohesive as a unit!!

Liking what I see from Gudas, as well. Maybe some heavy legs at times, but quite responsible with the puck! PLUS, he’s NOT prioritizing being an “offensive defenseman”, thank God! LOL

Samsonov!! What can you say, man? Frickin’ youngster is DOIN’ IT!!
For all the youngins that we see break into the NHL, and start off struggling, (like, only 95% of them), it’s so refreshing to watch some of these “whiskerless wonders”, pour their hearts out, and get rewarded!!  Go get ’em youngster!!!👍👍

Agree that 3rd line is tepid. Eller and Hagelin are not known as being the most accurate of puck shooters, however, with the both of them, their commitment to hustle, every second, every game, naturally affords them more on ice opportunities, they create themselves, knowing they have to, in order to make up for the lesser shooting skills they possess.

They both seem to have an uncanny way of being in the right place, at the right time, more often than most! As a result, Eller and Hagelin both tend to chalk up goals that are close in, or they catch a deflected puck off the goalie, etc.! That’s their main claim as far as production is concerned.

Between that and the disruption they cause opponents that have crossed our blue line, due mainly to their hustle, you’ve got decent 3rd line pedigrees, for them both, that most any NHL coach would be glad to have.

This early slumping of the 3rd line, so far, is hard for me to call in a way. I haven’t seen the addition of Panik as being anything obviously positive, at all. Really like more of a nothing burger. Chemistry issues? Who knows, but I definitely feel the loss of Conno’s added style to the line!

In time, I think the Eller/Hagelin combo should generate substantially more good than negative. Hagelin has had two very close SOG’s early on, that just missed,  and I believe Eller has scored a goal or two, but they have looked very flat, especially during those three losses.

Defense did well tonite! Kempny’s return should help the consistency a bit. Him and Gudas get the puck out reliably, a problem that has reared its ugly bead again this year!

It will be interesting to see who starts at goalie, next game!
Samsonov has not only played exceptionally well on his first two outings, but with Holtz on a 3 game, no win streak, it puts Samsonov possibly in the “HOT” category.
 Even though it’s early, I say, start Samsonov! Send a “teenie-weenie” message across the bow of Holtby’s ship. Not heavy, but more like, “most likely, you’re outta here, in the near future. We wanna get a good look at OUR future!
It’s still very early in the season! Hell, take a small chance Reirden! Have some balls!

Good post Zero!

Rush

Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #56 on: Sunday October 13, 2019, 07:44:17 AM Eastern »
I would absolutely start Samsonov next game. Again, if the guys play a little tighter, more committed to "team defense" because they know they have a rookie goalie behind them, then that's worth it. Maybe guys leave Holts out to dry because they're too confident in him

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #57 on: Sunday October 13, 2019, 10:09:40 AM Eastern »

Yes, PK was great! That PP2 was sick scary! They created a TON of opportunities, which SHOULD pan out for us, as they get used to each other, thus more cohesive as a unit!!

I think the main thing about PP2 that's different from PP1 is the puck movement. They really whip the puck around, similar to other elite PPs (I remember watching a Caps Lightning game a while back and being in awe of how the Lightning moved the puck around at will as if there were no defenders).

Our PP2 moved the puck around quickly and didn't wait for the perfect shot. They kept things going and kept defenders guessing. They put the puck on net, and you saw quite a few follow up chances. They played with the urgency that you would expect from a group that knows they have limited PP time and wants to make the most out of it.

Our PP1 slows things down to a crawl. It's more of a chess match, basically them willing to sit around until the defenders bite and open up a prime Ovie one timer opportunity. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'd like to see a PP1a and a PP1b. Keep Ovi and Carlson (need a right handed D to make the pass) but swap out the other 3 guys and play a little different style. Have Wilson as a bigger body to crash and bang in front of the net and work on puck retrievals. Eller as center. Vrana on the right side to serve as another scoring threat. Anytime PP1a can't get things going, try PP1b. If they still suck transition fully to PP2 just by swapping out Ovi and Carlson (since most of the PP2 guys will already be out there).

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday October 15, 2019, 03:45:04 PM Eastern »
I was out of town and watched this game late...yesterday afternoon.

Great game by the Caps all around.  Sammy looking pretty great. 
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK