Author Topic: GDT G2 Capitals @ Islanders 7:00pm Fri Oct 4, 2019 NBCSWA, ESPN+, MSG+  (Read 8486 times)

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
Re: GDT G2 Capitals @ Islanders 7:00pm Fri Oct 4, 2019 NBCSWA, ESPN+, MSG+
« Reply #60 on: Saturday October 05, 2019, 11:37:28 AM Eastern »

As long as he gets enough work here to continue his development.  Interestingly, the Caps have only 12 back-to-backs this season, so the team is going to have to find a lot of other opportunities for him to get in there.  Hopefully the goaltending load will be split perhaps about 2 to 1, with Holtby getting, say, 55 starts and Samsonov the other 27.

I fully agree. Let the kid play and give him some opportunities to develop. I'm excited because he's young and has potential. Plus, I honestly think we need someone available to be the new starter because I'm doubtful we'll be able to extend Holtby (because he's going to cost $10 million a year and because honestly I think Backstrom should have priority over Holtby). As such, getting Samsonov ready to roll as an NHL starter this season will be vital.

Plus, the year we won the Cup, Holts had a pretty light load during the season (mostly because he was having a bad season and Grubauer was favored over him). But maybe that extra rest made a difference. So yeah, let's keep Holtby to 50-55 starts and let the kid get the rest.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #61 on: Saturday October 05, 2019, 02:38:23 PM Eastern »

I fully agree. Let the kid play and give him some opportunities to develop. I'm excited because he's young and has potential. Plus, I honestly think we need someone available to be the new starter because I'm doubtful we'll be able to extend Holtby (because he's going to cost $10 million a year and because honestly I think Backstrom should have priority over Holtby). As such, getting Samsonov ready to roll as an NHL starter this season will be vital.

Plus, the year we won the Cup, Holts had a pretty light load during the season (mostly because he was having a bad season and Grubauer was favored over him). But maybe that extra rest made a difference. So yeah, let's keep Holtby to 50-55 starts and let the kid get the rest.

Agree totally Zero, with you and Black, on getting Samsonov some good playing time.

Also think that keeping Backie over Holtby, for overall team value is the greater good.

Good post

Rush
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #62 on: Saturday October 05, 2019, 07:04:56 PM Eastern »

you aren’t gonna hang around for the rounders game??

Strangely - NO.   :raspberry:
I am