Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

Are Ya Ready?! Football,real football, Highlights

(1/3) > >>

DC_1908:
Lets start off with the hardest, most vicious, most brutal and most violent, aka The Greatest Hit of All Time.

Now ya never wanna see (all most) anyone get THIS hurt, but that ain’t no excuse not play the game the right way!  This is just bad ass, cold blooded, hardcore  Defense! 

Here’s another one with backstory and timeless quotes from The Assassin.

RIP Mr. Tatum

alta:
I miss the days when the Redskins had a defense that ended the careers of two Dallas quarterbacks

PUCKNRUSH:
Well said Alta!
Sadly I don’t expect those days to return.

As DC acknowledged, the Tatums, and Lott’s of this world played true, hard-nosed football!
The dirtier side of it, I didn’t appreciate as much, and would support rules that continue to punish truly dirty hits!
But the killer instinct that came with it!.... THAT is what should be preserved, and also what is damn near extinct in today’s NFL!!

The NFL has managed to slowly permit the morphing of itself, from one of the most popular, exciting, competitive, team sports, that captured, and captivated the largest of American sports audiences, INTO a bland, half-assed, remnant of real American football, peppered with whining, crybaby, athletes, soft-acting, babysitter type coaches, and all approved by the ownership!!!

The “sports media” outlets, now have to spend millions, upon millions of dollars, attempting to convince its more well-seasoned audience, that the game they witness today, is still the football they’ve come to know and love.
It’s ALL a big lie now!!

WANT PROOF!!!.....

Look up video footage of guys with names like Dick Butkus, or Mike Singletary!
Compare that to nearly ANY of the NFL linebackers today!
It’s a frickin JOKE!

OR......

Just compare team photos from the early 1970’s, to any 2018 NFL team photo, and then you tell me, man for man, WHO you think can kick WHO’S ass???
The first thing you notice is how “photogenic”, and ready for a GQ magazine photo spread, practically every player appears, in the 2018 team photos!!!  BWAHAHAHA!!😂🤣🤣
NOW THATS FUCKIN FOOTBALL!!!

Partially watched two Redskins games last year!
This year, proudly, will be ZERO!!
FUCK YOU, AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, NFL!!!

Rush

DC_1908:

--- Quote from: PUCKNRUSH on Friday September 06, 2019, 12:06:44 AM Eastern ---Well said Alta!

As DC acknowledged, the Tatums, and Lott’s of this world played true, hard-nosed football!
The dirtier side of it, I didn’t appreciate as much, and would support rules that continue to punish truly dirty hits!
But the killer instinct that came with it!.... THAT is what should be preserved, and also what is damn near extinct in today’s NFL!!

The NFL has managed to slowly permit the morphing of itself, from one of the most popular, exciting, competitive, team sports, that captured, and captivated the largest of American sports audiences, INTO a bland, half-assed, remnant of real American football, peppered with whining, crybaby, athletes, soft-acting, babysitter type coaches, and all approved by the ownership!!!

The “sports media” outlets, now have to spend millions, upon millions of dollars, attempting to convince its more well-seasoned audience, that the game they witness today, is still the football they’ve come to know and love.
It’s ALL a big lie now!!

WANT PROOF!!!.....

It’s a frickin JOKE!

OR......

Just compare team photos from the early 1970’s, to any 2018 NFL team photo, and then you tell me, man for man, WHO you think can kick WHO’S ass???
The first thing you notice is how “photogenic”, and ready for a GQ magazine photo spread, practically every player appears, in the 2018 team photos!!!  BWAHAHAHA!!😂🤣🤣

Rush

--- End quote ---
Ray Lewis was the last MLB, just waitin for the next to step up

DC_1908:

--- Quote from: PUCKNRUSH on Friday September 06, 2019, 12:06:44 AM Eastern ---Well said Alta!

It’s ALL a big lie now!!

WANT PROOF!!!.....

It’s a frickin JOKE!

OR......

Rush

--- End quote ---
“My dream was to hit someone so hard their helmet came off with their head in it”  —Dick Butkus
Damn right that quote was hanging in my football locker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version