Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

Guns and Blowin Shit Up!

<< < (52/87) > >>

richkrt99:

--- Quote from: alta on Monday November 01, 2021, 01:23:41 PM Eastern ---I wouldn't say that powder is fugly, at least it's all uniform, based on the picture. I've not seen that shape before either, but it obviously works. Does it burn clean or dirty? Honestly, that question alone has been my driving choice in powders. If it burns dirty I won't touch it. A clean burning powder means less time cleaning things. During the shortages under obama, I was offered Blazzer ammo several times. I politely turned it down.

Did you ever figure out that .223/5.56 load?

--- End quote ---

Made some more ammo with the Russian powder.  Shot about 100 rounds with it yesterday.  Perfect cycling, no malfunctions whatsoever, accurate "enough" to be on target (shooting steel, not paper so no real accuracy testing, but rather just making sure the load shoots well enough)
Definitely dirty though.  Pics of bolt after 100 rounds.  Cleans easily as it nickel boron coated.  Barrel clean after a few passes too, so maybe it just "looks" dirty cause it shows on the nickel coating more?  Looks dirty to me though.  No real smoke or stink when firing.

But 23.1 Gr of these big flakes nearly FILL a .223 case...little scaring looking when you are loading.  And a a progressive press....when you cycle to the next station you get a few flake popping out when it snaps into next station.  This powder is really for the 7.62x39 and .308 but the .223 formula works well too.

richkrt99:
Americans bought 39 million guns in 2021.  First year in the last 20 that it did not increase over the previous year, but considering 2020 was a RECORD year with 39,695,315 that's not that surprising.  38.9 million sold in 2021.

What surprises me is the breakdown by state with Illinois purchasing 8,036,858 guns in 2021 (which is more than 20% of all the US guns purchased) with only about 8.6 million persons over 21 years old.  Roughly 197 million Americans over age 21, so Illinois' roughly 4 percent of the US +21 population purchased 20% of all US guns sold in 2021

Prolly cause there is so much hunting going on in Illinois.

Top 6 states in 2021:

Illinois      8,036,858
Kentucky  3,473,035

Texas       1,794,401
Indiana    1,698,198
California 1,351,076
PA           1,278,678

Texas is not surprising based on population, shear size, and...well, it's Texas.
California...well based on 23+ million of them over 21 then 1.3m guns is not so much...so less then 6% of the 21+ bought guns
whereas, Illinois is roughly 94% of 21+ population bought guns in 2021

alta:
Just to point out, there is no federal law against someone 18-21 from owning a handgun. The federal law as written says a licensed dealer can't sell a handgun to them. The assumption is they inherited or were gifted them from family. There's quite a few that buy hunting gear and range toys.

this also interesting, but I think the numbers are low …

https://alternatewars.com/Politics/Firearms/Count/AR15_Production.htm

plus it only goes to 2017

richkrt99:
Yeah, I ran the numbers for 21+ but 18+ was pretty close to same percentages.  I was just surprised at how high Illinois was.
Of course all those numbers are based on background checks so no telling what else actually went on "outside" the legal route.

I am surprised the leftist haven't jumped on the stats that 2021 was actually a reduction in sales for the 1st time in 20 years and claiming responsibility for reducing sales by creating gun laws and such.

alta:

--- Quote from: richkrt99 on Monday January 10, 2022, 05:42:34 PM Eastern ---Yeah, I ran the numbers for 21+ but 18+ was pretty close to same percentages.  I was just surprised at how high Illinois was.
Of course all those numbers are based on background checks so no telling what else actually went on "outside" the legal route.

--- End quote ---

most places also only run one background check per purchase, it’s not uncommon for a single purchase to involve 2-3 firearms. There’s also the rare occurrence where a check is run and the sale doesn’t happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version