Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

Happy One Year Anniversary Cap Fans

(1/5) > >>

4 Caps:
Today marks the one year anniversary of the Caps winning the Stanley Cup.  That day is one of the greatest days of my life and one I will always remember.  I have been a Caps fan from the beginning in 1974 and have been a season ticket holder for 30 some years.  I have gone through all the anguishing playoff losses.  I just read today the Caps have lost six playoff series after being up 3 games to 1 the most of any team.  I can still vividly recall 2010 when the Caps were up 3 to 1 over Montreal but then lost the last 3 games.  This was after winning the President’s trophy with  121 points.  I was at the epic  4 OT loss to the Islanders back in I believe 1988.  So to see them win the Cup last season was just unbelievable.  My only regret is that I was not there in Vegas to experience it live.  Tonight NBCSW is replaying game 5 and I will be watching it and reliving the moment.  Can’t wait. 

BarfingMonkey:
I was travelling overseas and on the show floor working when we won it last season.  Aside from the highlights, I haven't watched the game.  After listening to the Capitals podcasst where they were casting and rewatching the game, I plan on doing the same when I get back from this trip. 

4 Caps:
I definitely recommend watching the replay.  Even though you know the result you will get chills when the game ends.  I have watched the replay several times, it never gets old watching Ovie get the Cup. 

PUCKNRUSH:

--- Quote from: 4 Caps on Friday June 07, 2019, 02:25:33 PM Eastern ---Today marks the one year anniversary of the Caps winning the Stanley Cup.  That day is one of the greatest days of my life and one I will always remember.  I have been a Caps fan from the beginning in 1974 and have been a season ticket holder for 30 some years.  I have gone through all the anguishing playoff losses.  I just read today the Caps have lost six playoff series after being up 3 games to 1 the most of any team.  I can still vividly recall 2010 when the Caps were up 3 to 1 over Montreal but then lost the last 3 games.  This was after winning the President’s trophy with  121 points.  I was at the epic  4 OT loss to the Islanders back in I believe 1988.  So to see them win the Cup last season was just unbelievable.  My only regret is that I was not there in Vegas to experience it live.  Tonight NBCSW is replaying game 5 and I will be watching it and reliving the moment.  Can’t wait.

--- End quote ---

Good memory lane story, 4Caps!
I’ve been a fan from the beginning as well!
 Something I’ll never forget, either !

Rush

Mickstix:
Guess its time to hunt down a new wallpaper for my laptop.. Been a good ride people! Here's to 2020!!  :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version