Author Topic: GDT#R1G7 Hurricanes @ Capitals 7:30pm Wed Apr 24, 2019 NBCSWA, NBCSN, SN, SN360  (Read 25505 times)

Offline waynerivers

Re: GDT#R1G7 Hurricanes @ Capitals 7:30pm Wed Apr 24, 2019 NBCSWA, NBCSN, SN, SN360
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:38:57 PM Eastern »
Hope Ted is happy with the money he saved on not signing Trotz. Now who is so god damn smart?

Exactly.  You can't replace the 4th winningest coach in NHL history with a bag of potatoes.

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
Re: GDT#R1G7 Hurricanes @ Capitals 7:30pm Wed Apr 24, 2019 NBCSWA, NBCSN, SN, SN360
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:40:10 PM Eastern »
They wanted it more.  That was obvious.  Canes fought harder.
I am

Online ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:40:15 PM Eastern »
I was pretty sure we were toast about 5 minutes into first overtime. Did not even really watch the second one. Was watching The Orville with my Dad with a glance occasionally at the game playing silently on my tablet.  We really did not seem to give a fuck.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline waynerivers

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:41:50 PM Eastern »
Caps have played in 48 series and have never swept all their home games.  We kept that intact tonight.

Justin Williams is 8-1 in Games 7's.  The one loss was with the Caps.  What a surprise.

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:44:35 PM Eastern »
What happened to "We not be suck"?
This was worst team for the last four years.

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:45:39 PM Eastern »
From last game..
Lets see: 1st goal has won every game (x)
Caps have closed out every chance they got (x)
Home team hasn't lost (X) :-\

Done deal..
  :poop:  Catch you guys from time to time during the offseason! Good health and happy thoughts!! :hearts:

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:45:54 PM Eastern »
Night night my friends.  Too exhausted to pick this to bits.   :yawn:
I am

Online ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:49:39 PM Eastern »
Night night my friends.  Too exhausted to pick this to bits.   :yawn:

Good night everyone.  Good night Lil.

ʞƆ∀q O┴ ʞƆ∀q

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:52:46 PM Eastern »

Done deal..
  :poop:  Catch you guys from time to time during the offseason! Good health and happy thoughts!! :hearts:

Thanks! We need some rebuild and better coaching. Have a good summer!

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:53:25 PM Eastern »
Good night everyone.  Good night Lil.

ʞƆ∀q O┴ ʞƆ∀q

Good night!

Offline apace41

• Hockey Deity
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:54:57 PM Eastern »
Shot their wad in the first period and when it was only 2-0 it was clear we were in trouble.  Then you compound that by giving it a lot the first 10 of the second and all you have to show for it is giving up a shortie.  That is gonna fuck you every time.  Vrana was worthless -- fitting he hit the post when he could have won the game.  Niskanen and Orlov were fighting to see who could cough the puck up more.  Just flat out ugly and embarrassing way to end the season.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday April 24, 2019, 11:55:43 PM Eastern »
Well that sucked. Caps just looked old and tired in OT.
Should have....could have...would have...
That’s why you don’t want game 7....and overtime in a game 7

This game is on the whole team but Holtby let in Two softies. Can’t do that in a game 7.
Caps really did look gassed in OT
Can’t believe how much trouble we have clearing the puck. Had that problem all year and got worse when Kempney got hurt.

Trots is probably disappointed he’s not going to get to embarrass us.
Give up (2) 2 goal leads  :raised-eyebrow:
Got what they deserved. Canes outworked them. Caps looked tired and out of sync after 2 period. How many ducking times did we ice the puck?

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #132 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 12:00:28 AM Eastern »
Good thing I was under anesthesia when that happened

Online ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #133 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 12:02:31 AM Eastern »

1st Period
02:13  GOAL 65-Burakovsky, unassited   1-0 WSH
06:23  GOAL 43-Wilson, assists 8-Ovechkin & 9-Orlov   2-0 WSH

2nd Period
09:51  CANES SH GOAL Aho, assists Pesce & Slavin   2-1 WSH
13:22  GOAL 92-Kuznetsov, assist 62-Hagelin   3-1 WSH
16:37  CANES GOAL Teravainen, assists Pesce & McGinn   3-2 WSH

3rd Period
02:56  CANES GOAL Stall, assist Slavin   3-3 TIE

OT
None

2OT
11:05  GOAL McGinn, assists Williams & Slavin   4-3 CAR

FINAL:   4-3 CAR

Offline Pavel095

« Reply #134 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 02:46:22 AM Eastern »
What a disappointment,especially after leading in this series 3-2 against huge underdog and having great chances to repeat a last season success when TB,pens,VGK were eliminated ..
No excuse for this awful loss , Rierdon must be fired as soon as possible!

Offline KitFisto

« Reply #135 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 03:56:56 AM Eastern »
You guy are hilarious. Yes, it sucks, but they tarnished the cup? They are fat and happy? Give me a break. They lost...... It happens to every team, but one every year. We lost Kemp before the playoffs started and Oshie during them. Should they have still overcome? Yes, with their talent they should have, but they didn't. They have some issues to address in the off-season and hopefully they do and come back stronger next year.

I guess VGK are garbage too?

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #136 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 07:20:34 AM Eastern »
You guy are hilarious. Yes, it sucks, but they tarnished the cup? They are fat and happy? Give me a break. They lost...... It happens to every team, but one every year. We lost Kemp before the playoffs started and Oshie during them. Should they have still overcome? Yes, with their talent they should have, but they didn't. They have some issues to address in the off-season and hopefully they do and come back stronger next year.

I guess VGK are garbage too?
Talent yes, but we don’t have the strength or work ethic. Canes played us tighter and tougher than any team we played last year, and the majority of the team could not match, let alone defeat that.  Hell up 2-0 in the first in a game 7, and they let the momentum get absolutely flipped on them.

Sure, Holtby May have wanted one or two back, but has usual, there where about 10 that most goalies would of let in. . . Not like Fluery who had one of his mental break-downs and allowed 4 after a questionable major penalty to loose a game 7

Offline KitFisto

« Reply #137 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 07:27:14 AM Eastern »
Talent yes, but we don’t have the strength or work ethic. Canes played us tighter and tougher than any team we played last year, and the majority of the team could not match, let alone defeat that.  Hell up 2-0 in the first in a game 7, and they let the momentum get absolutely flipped on them.

Sure, Holtby May have wanted one or two back, but has usual, there where about 10 that most goalies would of let in. . . Not like Fluery who had one of his mental break-downs and allowed 4 after a questionable major penalty to loose a game 7

You make reasonable points,  but You honestly believe that most goalies in the NHL would have allowed 10+ goals that Holtby didn't?

Also, my post was more directed at the "players don't care since they won last year" and "the cup win is tainted now"... .. Really? I mean really? That's just pure overreaction due to being upset they lost.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #138 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 08:44:07 AM Eastern »

You make reasonable points,  but You honestly believe that most goalies in the NHL would have allowed 10+ goals that Holtby didn't?

Also, my post was more directed at the "players don't care since they won last year" and "the cup win is tainted now"... .. Really? I mean really? That's just pure overreaction due to being upset they lost.
There abouts/sarcastic exaggeration.  My point was/continues that due to mess of D, lack of defensive
 forwards, and pond hockey system, Holtby has to do way more than other goalies in the league.  This results in generally making several “highlight reel” saves a game look routine, and any “softies” look worse.

As for players/out in the first round, everyone has a point. but it can be summed up with: over confidence.   Everyone, including myself, thought we had this series before the
puck dropped in Game 1, and when we went up 2-0 in Game 7.  Yet, the Canes proved us wrong.

Ironically enough, this was assuredly how The Hens and TBL felt last year.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #139 on: Thursday April 25, 2019, 08:53:12 AM Eastern »
I do NOT believe that the "Players do not care".  I am sure they are more devastated they we are.  I don't see any tarnish of the Cup or fat and happy players.  However, we should have won this series.  Caps simply did not put forth the effort they did last year (and not that I think that is possible ALL the time).  I don't think it was intent or lack of desire, just didn't/couldn't muster the effort needed to win.  Maybe it's purely fatigue, maybe coaching, maybe just the couple key guys lost.  Lots of little chances here and there where games or series are decided.  Last year the effort/hunger was more evident and we overcame (or got the luck) to make the difference multiple times.  How many times were we "almost" eliminated last year?  How many OT games did we win that could have gone the other way? How many game saving saves were made, and lucky bounces went our way?  How many different guys (who normally do not), made a HUGE difference last year?  The Caps were magical in the playoffs last year.  For the most part, that was missing this year.  If Kuzy had been 10% better and Vranna had scored only ONE goal, then.....If only....BUT....blah, blah, blah.

Last night we had a few chances in OT to win it.  Wilson "almost" put one in, but it was swept away.  Vranna hit the post, etc.  I hated the whole OT, because I felt it was inevitable that the Canes would eventually score.  I just hoped we would get a bounce and score first.  Maybe that's just years of Cap fandom bias, but I just didn't feel we had it last night or this year.  The Canes outworked us in OT.  The Caps looked like they were just hanging on....like they were playing for a tie.  They simply looked gassed, like they had nothing left...and maybe that was simply true.  I kept thinking that MAYBE we'd get a bounce, but if we won, how tired and spent we would be for a game Friday, and what a miserable showing that would be.

Caps spent SO much time in our own zone not being able to clear the puck.  So many icing calls.  They just couldn't get it together.  Canes got some bounces and took advantage.  They wore us down and kept playing and playing and playing, and eventually the puck went in for them.  Congrats to the Canes, long time coming for them.

Disappointing for and disappointed in the Caps, but also not surprised.  I have never felt like we "had it" this year.  Too many little weaknesses to overcome for the grand prize.  Kempney was catostrophic, Oshie was probably the last nail in the coffin.  New head coach was definitely a question mark.  I was not /am not bitter, just a somewhat realistic.  Maybe it hurts less this year cause I felt it coming or maybe cause we did win the ultimate prize last year.  The Caps used up all their stores of lucky bounces and hockey Gods debt last year.  They had the magic last year.

Better luck next year (how long have we been saying that as Cap fans  :-\ )

Oh, and ...they changed the chant last night after the game....from "Back to Back" to "Back to Golf"

Go Caps...[size=78%](next year)[/size]

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK