Author Topic: GDT#61 Capitals @ Maple Leafs 7:00pm Thu Feb 21, 2019 NBCSWA, ESPN+, TVAS, TSN4  (Read 15036 times)

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
Re: GDT#61 Capitals @ Maple Leafs 7:00pm Thu Feb 21, 2019 ESPN+, TVAS, TSN4
« Reply #80 on: Thursday February 21, 2019, 11:02:59 PM Eastern »

One of their better games and our forwards were really hustling back on defense.  I thought Boyd and Dowd played really well tonight.  Not so much for Kempney - he's having a tough year.

The game tonight looked like playoff energy!

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #81 on: Thursday February 21, 2019, 11:42:22 PM Eastern »
Woo-Hoo!!!!   Islanders just lost in OT to the Oilers. They got a single point.  Oilers were down 3-2 and tied the game with less than 3 min left.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #82 on: Thursday February 21, 2019, 11:50:55 PM Eastern »
We're still in the run for the play-offs.  Shocking, considering how badly we've payd ths far.  But we're still in it.   :wackysmile:
I am

Offline Pavel095

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #84 on: Friday February 22, 2019, 07:52:50 AM Eastern »
I have to admit, as one of the more negative people on the boards always cursing up a storm about how much the Caps suck, I don't have much to complain about this game. Some stupid penalties, sure. And maybe they let the Leafs get too close for comfort by giving up the garbage time goal. But overall a solid performance, and Holtby really stood on his head.

This was much different from our Kings win, where all I could think of was 1) no shit we're supposed to be able to beat a bottom feeder team; 2) we didn't beat them convincingly enough considering they're a bottom feeder team; and 3) Caps still suck despite the win.

This Leafs game was actually a pretty solid showing. I felt like I saw more effort and conviction than usual, better passing, less retarded plays, outstanding goaltending, and the PP clicking again thanks to Ovi is a good sign. And this was definitely not a pushover team. Limiting a potent Leafs team to only 2 goals is pretty damn good work, unlike our "effort" in allowing the very shitty Ducks to score as many goals against us as they had in their previous 6 games...

We've earned ourselves a little bit of breathing room. If the team that showed up today plays the rest of the season, then we can actually make the playoffs. The the team that showed up against ANA plays the rest of the season, then we all might as well pack our bags and hit the golf course now.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #85 on: Friday February 22, 2019, 07:49:56 PM Eastern »
I thought it a pretty solid game by the Caps.  They looked energetic.
Holtby definitely saved the game for the early.  Liked what I saw overall though.  Love seeing Willie score, and his "home town".  Man he has some wheels.  I can't imagine what it feels like to be freight trained by him at full speed.

I was going to make some smartass comment BEFORE the game about how much time the players spent at the Hall of fame and such....and maybe they should be practicing, but maybe it woke em up a bit.

Let's hope so.

Go Caps
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #86 on: Friday February 22, 2019, 08:39:09 PM Eastern »
I thought it a pretty solid game by the Caps.  They looked energetic.
Holtby definitely saved the game for the early.  Liked what I saw overall though.  Love seeing Willie score, and his "home town".  Man he has some wheels.  I can't imagine what it feels like to be freight trained by him at full speed.

I was going to make some smartass comment BEFORE the game about how much time the players spent at the Hall of fame and such....and maybe they should be practicing, but maybe it woke em up a bit.

Let's hope so.

Go Caps

Well, I made a comment before the game expecting a blowout (like 7-0) loss. Glad I was wrong.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #87 on: Saturday February 23, 2019, 12:33:09 AM Eastern »

Well, I made a comment before the game expecting a blowout (like 7-0) loss. Glad I was wrong.

Hey Zero.

This EFFORT thing is exactly what I’ve been mentioning in my last few posts!
I totally agree, in that WE DID see a REAL effort for damn near, just short of the entire 60 mins!
It’s amazing, the difference in how this team behaves every week, hell, every other game! LOL!

Said in a different way, (paraphrasing from a recent Carlson postgame quote), where he talked about having to give a real effort, again, saying guys just can’t show up and play, “when they feel like it”!!

This issue is a two-edged sword, that holds our emotions, as fans, “hostage”, in a way.  WHY??  Because I don’t like the natural, emotional, ups and downs, that occur when our team WINS or LOSES, being predicated on whether a few guys didn’t “FEEL LIKE PLAYING” at a professional level, that night!

Lack of talent, a speedier, quicker opponent, goalie has a bad night, injuries....all WAY BETTER reasons for accepting a loss more easily!  DIDNT FEEL LIKE IT!!! (at the money they make)....Fuck off, then!!

Lack of effort, once in a while, is even hard to tolerate, but as often as it happens this year, it has the sense of cheapening the fan/team/player relationship!

As if we’re supposed to feel FORTUNATE, when they ALL come together, and play with good effort, that we already know they’re capable of!!! When they DO, we fans KNOW, they are one of the leagues best!

IMO, it’s collectively POMPOUS, as a team, to possess the real talent, and show that you CAN bring the effort, then, start coasting in and out of CHOOSING to bring it, at the fans emotional expense, because your good enough, to have the choice, and remain in playoff contention!
CHEAPENS THE WHOLE DAMN THING!

This Leafs/Caps game was great to watch. Hands down!
We are left, with the remainder of this season, with only the hope, that they will CHOOSE to bring the effort, that we know they can!  YES, I said CHOOSE!!

(Wasn’t that long ago, that as professional sports players, this CHOOSING crap, wasn’t even a subject to be discussed, AND the coaches NEVER tolerated lack of effort)!
Lombardi would have put a Riddell, coaches shoe imprint, on the back of your ASS!!! GEEZ ALERT!!LOL 😂

Rush

Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”