Author Topic: GDT#57 Capitals @ Blue Jackets 7:00pm Tue Feb 12, 2019 NBCSWA, FS-O  (Read 13266 times)

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
Re: GDT#57 Capitals @ Blue Jackets 7:00pm Tue Feb 12, 2019 NBCSWA, FS-O
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday February 12, 2019, 09:41:16 PM Eastern »
Can't even call them the Craps anymore, need to call them the Shits. What a fucking trash team. Fire TR Fire TR Fire TR
Grumpy.   :huh: :raised-eyebrow:
I am

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday February 12, 2019, 09:45:23 PM Eastern »
See you all at the next disaster on ice this Thursday!

ETA
Remember, it's a LATE game. 10:30pm EST

No fucking thanks. No way I'm losing sleep to watch a lazy garbage dumb fuck team lose 8-0 against a team that gives a fuck

Online richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday February 12, 2019, 10:22:43 PM Eastern »
I’m about 70 minutes behind. DSP just rang the pipe on basically an empty netter.  >:(
And the caps had 7 shots in 2 periods?  ::)
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday February 13, 2019, 01:14:59 AM Eastern »
This isn’t going well folks!!  DUH!
So many issues right now.
Say what you may, but the FACT is, All Caps teams under TROTZ, in hindsight, developed issues, like clockwork, around, and just after the all star break! And it BEGAN to look disappointing a bit!!  But it NEVER went on this LONG, without observable correction!!
THEN, like clockwork, they FOUND A WAY, and began winning streaks, and FINISHED opponents in the third period!  This can be regarded as a generally consistent signature of this teams seasonal performance, when Trotz was here! REMEMBER!!

Sadly, yet honestly, we are nowhere NEAR having that kind of team caliber!!! This is mid-Feb NHL hockey. So it’s fair to say, as anyone rightly should, that there is PLENTY of hockey left, and that is a TRUE statement, on its face!

Problem is that there is precious little evidence to be derived from observing the Caps playing as a team together, at this point!  What chemistry do we see? Any shutdown ability on defense, when we have a lead? Any Power play potential? PK potential to improve? Anybody noticing any markedly DOMINANT play for even two straight periods?...... ANYBODY???

There is a prolonged lack of consistent chemistry throughout their game! Not just RECENTLY, but like, for some time now!
Goals, hustle, grit, good crisp passing, and successfully bringing the puck up from our defending end, happen in a RANDOM manner, more often than by DESIGN!  We are unable to generally dictate OUR game on anyone, at this point! The minimal successes we are having lately, come as disjointed and inconsistent, with not much WHY, or WHY NOT, being known!  It just happens kinda Willy-nilly!!

Even more depressing, it appears that the “what to do” to correct things, escapes ALL in the organization, right now! This is NOT a good place to be at, for the team, and fans!

Mick and Zero both alluded to this Columbus game as a true test, or a check for fire-in-the-belly!!
Undoubtedly, and unfortunately, they are CORRECT!

Not normally this gloomy folks, but there’s a time to remove the blinders!

Lastly, I’d love to be, and hope I am, dead wrong!!(said as a true Caps fan)!

Rush

Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”