Author Topic: GDT#52 Bruins @ Capitals 12:30pm Sun Feb 3, 2019 NBC  (Read 20124 times)

Offline apace41

• Hockey Deity
Re: GDT#52 Bruins @ Capitals 12:30pm Sun Feb 3, 2019 NBC
« Reply #100 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:08:52 PM Eastern »
Hard to believe they can get shut out at home on Super Bowl Sunday as a primetime showcase when they are the defending champs.  When you play hard for 10 minutes of a game I guess that's what happens. 

Oshie is a great guy and has moments of brilliance, but that was a layup on the doorstep to tie it that he fanned on.

Online Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #101 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:11:24 PM Eastern »
Even worse was the open net that Kuzy had.  All he had to do was touch it and bingo.  Instead he decided to fanny around and stick handle the puck untill Raask slid back over.   :O=
I am

Offline justwincaps

• Advanced Member
« Reply #102 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:14:04 PM Eastern »
The good news?   This is the same old take a period, or two, or two and 1/2, off then play balls to the walls the rest of the game kind of effort we saw a lot - I mean a lot - last year and we won the Cup.   So ..... we’re just replicating last year?

Offline apace41

• Hockey Deity
« Reply #103 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:16:33 PM Eastern »
The good news?   This is the same old take a period, or two, or two and 1/2, off then play balls to the walls the rest of the game kind of effort we saw a lot - I mean a lot - last year and we won the Cup.   So ..... we’re just replicating last year?

Isles, Pens and Jackets ain't going nowhere.  Better start picking up some points or it's going to be tough sledding even getting to go to the dance.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #104 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:18:57 PM Eastern »

Yeah, I was just noticing that compared to this time last year (same number of games) we are only three points back from where we were then.
It's still frustrating to watch them not using their abilities fully.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #105 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:21:32 PM Eastern »

So here's where we are/were after game #52 this year compared to last year.

This year:  62-28-18-6   
Last year:  65-30-17-5

Offline Pavel095

« Reply #106 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 03:49:39 PM Eastern »
So here's where we are/were after game #52 this year compared to last year.

This year:  62-28-18-6   
Last year:  65-30-17-5

Yeah the only big difference is Trotz who could easily change team mentality and performance in playoffs,now with Rierden I don’t have  high expectations about everything ..

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #107 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 04:30:48 PM Eastern »
Can we trade Kuzy, Bura, Bowey, a bunch of picks, and 50% ownership stake in Monumental for McDavid?

:praying:

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #108 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 04:34:28 PM Eastern »

Yeah the only big difference is Trotz who could easily change team mentality and performance in playoffs,now with Rierden I don’t have  high expectations about everything ..

Reirdumb will coach this team right out of the playoffs

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #109 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 06:48:01 PM Eastern »

Reirdumb will coach this team right out of the playoffs

I meant to say this earlier.

Benching Kuzy and Jaskin in the first period is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. What's the logic there? "My guys got a penalty so I will penalize my team further to send a message."  That is some retarded shit!  Let's take out one of my top players "to show him".

The call on Kuzy was a bit weak, but Kuzy should know the refs can and will call it when you slash the hand even a  tiny bit. He did it twice in a row.  The call on Jaskin was totally imagined by the ref.

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #110 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 07:47:27 PM Eastern »
Can we trade Kuzy, Bura, Bowey, a bunch of picks, and 50% ownership stake in Monumental for McDavid?

:praying:
:O=
I am

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #111 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 07:52:17 PM Eastern »

Benching Kuzy and Jaskin in the first period is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. What's the logic there? "My guys got a penalty so I will penalize my team further to send a message."  That is some retarded shit!  Let's take out one of my top players "to show him".

The call on Kuzy was a bit weak, but Kuzy should know the refs can and will call it when you slash the hand even a  tiny bit. He did it twice in a row.  The call on Jaskin was totally imagined by the ref.
Oh stop it.  The guys know the score by now.  They were told before the game.  You take a dumb penalty, you hit the pine.  Honestly, the amount  of dumb ass stupid penalies we've taken.... I get it.  Better this than letting them get away with it.  I get that many of them were bogus.  Totally bogus, but that's what needs to be learned also.

I am

Online Surreylily

• Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #112 on: Sunday February 03, 2019, 07:58:15 PM Eastern »
To clarify
 We get a LOT of bogus calls agains us. The last thing we need is for stupid, OBVIOUS calls also.
I am

Offline zerofox

• Advanced Member
« Reply #113 on: Monday February 04, 2019, 12:24:14 AM Eastern »

Respectfully disagree. I was glad Kuzy was told to sit down for a while. He's been fucking up over and over again and he needs to get the message. As for Jaskin, not sure I agree with him being benched.

Offline justwincaps

• Advanced Member
« Reply #114 on: Monday February 04, 2019, 03:06:05 AM Eastern »
I actually agree with Rierden sitting Kuzy and Jaskinin, especially Kuzy.   I've seen several interviews where Kuzy talks about ice time being really important.  If that's what motivates him, maybe taking it away from him will motivate him to use his head and stop taking so many lazy stick penalties.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #115 on: Monday February 04, 2019, 10:53:06 AM Eastern »
I actually agree with Rierden sitting Kuzy and Jaskinin, especially Kuzy.   I've seen several interviews where Kuzy talks about ice time being really important.  If that's what motivates him, maybe taking it away from him will motivate him to use his head and stop taking so many lazy stick penalties.
You can bet his phone was ringing from everyone at Monumental after benching the new “superstar” being down 1-0 and loosing.

But it’s like the brilliant phrase said yesterday:  “Play like Champions”.   Much of this team, particularly Kuzy, sure as shit ain’t been doin that.

Online richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #116 on: Monday February 04, 2019, 04:05:01 PM Eastern »
MEHHHHHHHH

Caps played hard for one period.  Got a case of monkey-butt (That's red irritated ass) for a couple of penalties that should not be penalties, but are. Caps certainly could have tied the game on a couple glorious chances but didn't.  The call on Oshie for holding CHarra was fantasy.  You telling me you can pull down a building like that with a little tug.  I watched the replay and Charra totally dived on that.  Should have been embellishment called there.
Not all that bent about the game except that Boston put forth more effort than Caps, which is frighteningly too familiar.

IF the CAPS would actually play full effort for full 60 minutes, they would win more of these games than they lose.  That IS what they did somehow pull together in the playoffs, was good strong, physical 100% two-way effort for 60 minutes.  We had just never seen it before....and apparently will not see again.

I'm wondering if they are not all just sort of holding back a little (too much) and just waiting for when it matters.  Like they have learned the regular season doesn't matter, and they KNOW they have what it takes when the time comes.

Not sure Reirdon can get them going when the time comes.  I am hoping maybe Ovie and Willie and Orpik can.

Also.....you have to actually play well enough to get into the playoffs to turn it on IN the playoffs.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #117 on: Monday February 04, 2019, 11:57:56 PM Eastern »

I agree justwin! Especially for Kuzy!

He just got done, after the Calgary win, spouting off about getting more TOI, being important to him.
If you observed closely, he was uncommonly, a bit happy and jubilant in that post game interview. Very rare demeanor for him, in an interview, even with scoring the game winner!

It just adds fuel to my theory that, at most times, Kuzy generally appears to skate around with a kind of, “lack of interest”, vibe, as if standard NHL play is either “beneath” him, or bores him often!

On the rare times I DO see his face lite up on the ice, it is only when HE, or one of his linemates, makes some kind of fancy, super-talent, type pass, or goal, marked with unusual creativity!

Otherwise he, quite often, both looks and plays as though “regular” NHL hockey play, is just a TEDIOUS exercise, that he grudgingly endures because he has to, in order to experience the occasional, emotional, jolt he [size=78%]gets from his naturally gifted talents.   Just a thought![/size]
Problem is it gnaws on my tolerance of him, as a fan!

Rush

Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday February 05, 2019, 09:08:06 AM Eastern »
I'm OK with the benching after a stupid penalty. What would be more effective is if they started benching guys after they fail to SHOOT the puck!  They have got to break Kuzy of his desire to make the highlight reel pass instead of shooting.  He should be a 30+ goal scorer, maybe more.  For every shift that he comes off after not shooting on a good scoring chance the coach should lean over his shoulder and say "shoot the puck" then bench him the rest of the period.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday February 05, 2019, 12:17:22 PM Eastern »
I'm OK with the benching after a stupid penalty. What would be more effective is if they started benching guys after they fail to SHOOT the puck!  They have got to break Kuzy of his desire to make the highlight reel pass instead of shooting.  He should be a 30+ goal scorer, maybe more.  For every shift that he comes off after not shooting on a good scoring chance the coach should lean over his shoulder and say "shoot the puck" then bench him the rest of the period.
There’s no doubting Kuzys, “talent” or “skill”,but  it’s everything else that’s included in the cliche phrase “actually play hockey”, that is, and should be questioned and scrutinized.

His performance in the playoffs was mostly excellent and he made a national name for himself, which could be hurting him now.  The deadly combination of over-confidence, and additional measures by opponents having a massive negative impact on young players is not unheard of, and could very well be what we are seeing now.