Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

GDT#45 Blues @ Capitals 7:00pm Mon Jan 14 2019 NBCSWA, SNE, SNO, SNP, FS-MW

(1/18) > >>

ArJunaZ:

Game 45:  59-27-12-5 (PTS-W-L-OT)   Streak - OT1
  Mon January 14, 2019   St. Louis Blues @ Washington Capitals
  Place:  Capital One Arena
  Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
  TV: NBCSWA, SNE, SNO, SNP, FS-MW
  Radio: 106.7 The Fan, Caps Radio 24/7
  NHL.COM for Live Box Score
  Last Game: Sat January 12 Capitals Lost 2-1 in OT against Blue Jackets
  Next Game: Tue January 15, 8:00 pm ET Capitals @ Predators

:spacer50pix:  8-Ovechkin :spacer50pix: 92-Kuznetsov :spacer50pix: 43-Wilson :spacer50pix: 13-Vrana :spacer50pix: 19-Bäckström :spacer50pix: 77-Oshie :spacer50pix: 65-Burakovsky :spacer50pix: 20-Eller :spacer50pix: 10-Connolly :spacer50pix: 18-Stephenson :spacer50pix: 72-Boyd :spacer50pix: 25-Smith-Pelly :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   6-Kempny :spacer50pix: 74-Carlson :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   9-Orlov  :spacer50pix:  2-Niskanen :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   44-Orpik :spacer50pix: 22-Bowey :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix:  1-Copley (starter) :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 70-Holtby
                                                      -- SCRATCH --         
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 26-Dowd :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 23-Jaskin :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 34-Siegenthaler
                                               -- INJURED RESERVE --         
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 29-Djoos (Thigh Surgery)

-- 1st Powerplay Unit -- 
    :spacer50pix: 92-Kuznetsov     :spacer50pix: 19-Bäckström     :spacer50pix: 77-Oshie     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 8-Ovechkin     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 74-Carlson

-- 2nd Powerplay Unit --         
    :spacer50pix: 13-Vrana     :spacer50pix: 20-Eller     :spacer50pix: 43-Wilson    :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:  2-Niskanen     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 9-Orlov
:spacer50pix:  Referees:   Jake Brenk (#26),    Jean Hebert (#15)
:spacer50pix:  Linesmen:   David Brisebois (#96),    Brian Mach (#78)

Blues LINEUP

Zach Sanford -- Ryan O'Reilly -- David Perron
     Jaden Schwartz -- Brayden Schenn -- Vladimir Tarasenko
             Pat Maroon -- Oskar Sundqvist -- Jordan Kyrou
             Jordan Nolan -- Ivan Barbashev -- Sammy Blais

Joel Edmundson -- Alex Pietrangelo
                     Jay Bouwmeester -- Colton Parayko
                       Vince Dunn -- Robert Bortuzzo

Jake Allen  (Starter)
                             Jordan Binnington

Scratched: Mackenzie MacEachern, Robby Fabbri
Injured: Tyler Bozak (upper body), Alexander Steen (shoulder), Robert Thomas (upper body), Carl Gunnarsson (illness)

1st Period
07:50  PP GOAL 8-Ovechkin, assists 9-Orlov & 72-Boyd   1-0 WSH

2nd Period
03:18  Blues GOAL Barbashev, unassisted   1-1 TIE
05:11  Blues GOAL Dunn, unassisted   2-1 STL
08:00  Blues GOAL Perron, assists Dunn & O'Reilly   3-1 STL

3rd Period
10:24  Blues PP GOAL Tarasenko, assists O'Reilly & Pietrangelo   4-1 STL

FINAL:     4-1 STL

By Elyse Bailey (@elysebee) on January 14, 2019
Caps vs Blues pregame: 100Orpik

Headline photo: Rob Carr/Getty Images North America

In the snowy nation’s capital, the Washington Capitals are playing host to the St. Louis Blues. While the ceremony won’t be taking place until the game on Friday evening, Mr. Brooks Orpik will be playing his 1000th game tonight! I don’t think I’ve ever done anything serious 1000 times, so extreme kudos to Batya. He is the 330th player to make it to 1000 games.

Puck drop is at 7PM and you can catch the game on NBCSWA. Are you not near a TV tonight? Have no fear, you can always stream the game via the My Teams app on your devices. Recap will be provided by yours truly. I am sick, so it might read with a hint of cold medicine, but I like to keep things exciting.

Projected Lines

Optional morning skate took place today, but there are some new lineup developments. Andre Burakovsky and Madison Bowey are back in. Pheonix Copley will also get the start, but according to Isabelle at the Washington Post, you shouldn’t worry about Holtby. He’s slated to be the backup, so he seems to be alright after taking a stick to the eyeball last game. I could speculate, but I won’t. Maybe the lineup will only be Burakovsky, Bowey, Copley, and a light appearance from Brooks Orpik since it’s his day. That would be an interesting game.

Gloves Game

There could not be a more perfect giveaway for everyone in the DC area, currently snowed in. Today is the Winter Glove Giveaway presented by Capital One! Get to the game early to make sure you secure a pair.

Storylines
* We have the greatest hats of all time on sale. Please buy one so we can all match each other OR so I can yell at you if I see you across the street.
* Snoop Dogg did commentary during the LA Kings game and can you imagine how giddy Alex Ovechkin was when he saw this?
* The RMNB Midseason NHL Awards are underway and in today’s post, Alex is talking about the Norris Trophy.
* How did the players spend their snow days? You don’t have to go to separate profiles because we have the highlights allll in one post.
* Ilya Samsonov recorded his first career AHL shutout and, to be honest, I feel like a very proud mother.
* Brennin has begun one of the most incredible series of game recap posts that I have ever seen. The first one is now live and I dare you not to smile.
* The Capitals continued to raise some money for Make-A-Wish during their annual “Wish Upon A Par” event. Big shout out to anyone that made it out during the winter storm for a good cause!
* A KHL team wants to bribe Artemi Panarin with a lifetime supply of free gasoline. What WILL he be offered next???
Happy  Birthday  Alan  May

alta:

--- Quote from: ArJunaZ on Sunday June 28, 1970, 10:37:27 PM Eastern ---

* A KHL team wants to bribe Artemi Panarin with a lifetime supply of free gasoline. What WILL he be offered next?
--- End quote ---

maybe some common sense, that way he wouldn't mock the current champions about scoring

richkrt99:
Conrats Orpik

GO CAPS!!

Mickstix:
Good to see Bowey back in for Siegenthaler.. Seemed like he was making too many mistakes lately. Not sure why they wont give Jaskin a sweater.. Pick a center, any center.. They could all use a day off.

ArJunaZ:
:slapshot:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version