Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

GDT#40 Capitals @ Stars 8:00p.m. Fri Jan 4, 2019 NBCSWA+, FS-SW+

(1/24) > >>

ArJunaZ:

Game 40:  51-24-12-3 (PTS-W-L-OT)   Streak - L2
  Friday January 4, 2019   Washington Capitals @ Dallas Stars
  Place:  American Airlines Center
  Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
  TV: NBCSWA+, FS-SW+
  Radio: 106.7 The Fan, Caps Radio 24/7
  NHL.COM for Live Box Score
  Last Game: Thu January 3 Capitals Lost  5-2 against Blues
  Next Game: Sun January 6, 5:00 pm ET Capitals @ Red Wings

:spacer50pix:  8-Ovechkin :spacer50pix: 92-Kuznetsov :spacer50pix: 43-Wilson :spacer50pix: 13-Vrana :spacer50pix: 19-Bäckström :spacer50pix: 77-Oshie :spacer50pix: 65-Burakovsky :spacer50pix: 20-Eller :spacer50pix: 10-Connolly :spacer50pix: 18-Stephenson :spacer50pix: 72-Boyd :spacer50pix: 25-Smith-Pelly :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   6-Kempny :spacer50pix: 74-Carlson :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   2-Niskanen  :spacer50pix:  9-Orlov :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:   44-Orpik :spacer50pix: 34-Siegenthaler :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix:  1-Copley (starter) :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 70-Holtby
                                                      -- SCRATCH --         
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 23-Jaskin :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 26-Dowd :spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 22-Bowey
                                               -- INJURED RESERVE --         
:spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix::spacer50pix: 29-Djoos (Thigh Surgery, many weeks before return)

-- 1st Powerplay Unit -- 
    :spacer50pix: 92-Kuznetsov     :spacer50pix: 19-Bäckström     :spacer50pix: 77-Oshie     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 8-Ovechkin     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 74-Carlson

-- 2nd Powerplay Unit --         
    :spacer50pix: 13-Vrana     :spacer50pix: 20-Eller     :spacer50pix: 43-Wilson    :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix:  2-Niskanen     :spacer50pix: :spacer50pix: 9-Orlov
:spacer50pix:  Referees:   Wes McCauley (#4),    Ian Walsh (#29)
:spacer50pix:  Linesmen:   Trent Knorr (#63),    Tony Sericolo (#84)

Stars LINEUP

Valeri Nichushkin - Tyler Seguin - Alexander Radulov
            Blake Comeau - Radek Faksa - Tyler Pitlick
            Devin Shore - Jason Spezza - Brett Ritchie
           Mattias Janmark - Roope Hintz - Erik Condra

Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
                  Miro Heiskanen - Roman Polak
                  Julius Honka - Taylor Fedun

Anton Khudobin (starter)
                         Ben Bishop

Scratched: Connor Carrick
Injured: Jamie Benn (upper body), Jason Dickinson (back), Martin Hanzal (back), Marc Methot (knee), Stephen Johns (post-traumatic headaches)

1st Period
13:20  Stars PP GOAL Seguin, assists Faksa & Radulov   1-0 DAL

2nd Period
10:19  GOAL 20-Eller, assists 65-Burakovsky & 44-Orpik   1-1 TIE

3rd Period
None

OT
03:37  Stars GOAL Seguin, assists Radulov & Hintz (& Bäckström)   2-1 DAL

FINAL:    2-1 DAL

By Chris Cerullo (@CJC_95) on January 4, 2019
Caps at Stars pregame: Bounce back

Headline photo: Jerome Miron

The Washington Capitals have the opportunity to immediately bounce back from their very poor showing against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday Night. That opportunity comes against the Dallas Stars, who the Caps have not beat in regulation, in Dallas since October 17, 1995.

We have another 8 PM start on our hands and you can catch tonight’s game on NBCSWA+ as superstar Sam Dekker and the Wizards have the Heat in Miami tonight on the main channel. As always you can stream all of their pregame, in-game, and postgame coverage via the My Teams app on all of your usual streaming devices. I will have your recap.

Jamie Benn

The Stars will be without their captain and third leading scorer tonight due to this hit from Miles Wood.

Storylines
* This kid has the absolute correct reaction to receiving an Alex Ovechkin jersey for Christmas.
* Here is my numbers post from the Caps loss to the Blues last night.
* Brett Hull‘s skate was in the crease and he’s also disappointed that Ovi is skipping this year’s all star festivities.
* Tom Wilson had an eventful night. He had to put up with a deranged Blues fan after going toe to toe with Robert Bortuzzo. October 17, 1995 Things that were going on the day the Caps last won in Dallas, in regulation.

* Bill Clinton was President.
* Keith Moore was sentenced to 6 years for robbing Sting of $9,000,000
* Fantasy by Mariah Carey was being listened to in the US.
* The Lost World by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
* Foreman For Real was one of the world’s most popular video games.

alta:
I call BS on that Foreman video game, I’d never heard of it before

richkrt99:

:pointdown:

PSSST!!  Hey Caps...there's a game tonight at 8.  Please come.

DC_1908:

--- Quote from: richkrt99 on Friday January 04, 2019, 06:49:25 PM Eastern --- :pointdown:

PSSST!!  Hey Caps...there's a game tonight at 8.  Please come.

--- End quote ---
I hope they at least got shit face drunker than David Allen Coe in free Jack Daniels night like I do when I go to Dallas. . .   hell, as bad as they’ve played, pukin on center ice may be the best they’ve done in a while

richkrt99:

and now from the who gives a shit and I must be bored cause it's another 8:00 start department....

both the Caps and F'n homo Hens have scored exactly the same number of goals and allowed the same number of goals so far this year.

GF:  140  GA:  117

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version