Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > Washington Capitals & Other Hockey Discussion

Ovi not going to the All Star Game

(1/4) > >>

Surreylily:
Just read that Ovi was voted Captain for the Metropolitan Division, but has taken the one game hit and declined.
He's said it's to help recover......... not being as young etc..

Someone mentioned, or at least alluded to that they thought Ovi was a little dinged up recently.
If the latter is the case, then I completely understand and I think that's the most responsible thing to do.  It will be a real shame not to see him.  He is by FAR the biggest draw for them.  He is always reticent about declaring his injuries.  I suppose he knows he will be targetted, so waon't claim, or declare the specific injury - if any - because of that.

What are your thoughts?

HoustonCapsFan:
I'm disappointed, but I understand. 

alta:
This year the all star game coincides with the Caps bye week. The bye week was put in to give the players a break to recoup from any minor injures before the final push for the post season. When butmann agreed to this bye week crap it had to have dawned on him that a player actually needed the bye week because of an actual injury. If OV is forced to serve a one game suspension because of the leagues ineptitude in scheduling then it's time to start a replace butmann campaign. Which should be done anyway, he's been in charge for almost 25 years.

Since this will be the second time OV has decided to skip the all star game and served the 1 game suspension last time, I have no doubt the league will deem it necessary to "punish" him again.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/01/02/report-alex-ovechkin-skipping-2019-all-star-game-will-likely-be-suspended-one-game/#more-312633

Surreylily:

--- Quote from: HoustonCapsFan on Wednesday January 02, 2019, 02:54:37 PM Eastern ---I'm disappointed, but I understand.

--- End quote ---
My feelings also.   Who doesn#t want to see the best player, play?   Yeah, okay, Not play exactly.......ummm.
Bah HUMBUG!  It's not the ALL STAR without the biggest star, is it@!    {ffffffffffff.   >:(

Maacoshark:
     I have no problem with Ovi skipping the all-star game. The game is a disgrace anyway. A one game suspension for skipping the all-star game is ridiculous. They should just scrap the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version