Author Topic: GDT#37 Capitals @ Senators 7:00p.m. Sat Dec 29, 2018 NBCSWA+, SN360, CITY  (Read 31058 times)

Offline BlackIce

Re: GDT#37 Capitals @ Senators 7:00p.m. Sat Dec 29, 2018 NBCSWA+, SN360, CITY
« Reply #120 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 07:25:32 AM Eastern »
yep, and it’s damn shame.  He could probably play perfect games ang get GHTs every game and they’d  still send him domi because he ain’t enough of a pussy.

But yeah man, he’s been Hersey’s shutdown Dman and still managed to get a few points despite the train week GMBetaMale has allowed Hershey to become.

I’ve been a fan since I found out he DEYSTROED the combine he was in, top 3 in damn near everything in every physical test!  Hell he probably is top 3 or top in everything in the weight room for Tge Caps, provides they let him lift🤣

They won't send Lewington down because or in spite of his performance.  They'll send him down because they can do so without waiver ramifications.  You know that.  Every team in the league manages its roster that way.  Bowey, for example, is on a one-way contract now, so he can't be sent down without passing through waivers, and it is a lead-pipe cinch he would be claimed.  So when Niskanen, the 3rd RH shooting defenseman is back, down goes Lewington -- guaranteed.  Don't hide this obvious fact to advance your conspiracy theories about the Caps actively avoiding grittier players.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #121 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 08:55:34 AM Eastern »

They won't send Lewington down because or in spite of his performance.  They'll send him down because they can do so without waiver ramifications.  You know that.  Every team in the league manages its roster that way.  Bowey, for example, is on a one-way contract now, so he can't be sent down without passing through waivers, and it is a lead-pipe cinch he would be claimed.  So when Niskanen, the 3rd RH shooting defenseman is back, down goes Lewington -- guaranteed.  Don't hide this obvious fact to advance your conspiracy theories about the Caps actively avoiding grittier players.
I know all that already.

Which is why you lecture is just a cookie-cutter  PR release, which is just utter BULLSHIT, and an excuse for us having a real GM who can find away around that. 

No GM worth a damn would NOT keep a player that makes his team far better because of contracts.   Would they?

So either this roster is more fucked with bad contracts than you believe it to be, and/or GMBetaMale is an incompetent negotiator, and/or Monumental Entertainment is committed to “keep the band together” and/or Lewington doesn’t fit the faggot woman’s rule hockey that you so love either for entertainment or just because you’re  told to.

There’s no fuckin “conspiracy” here.  It’s called the ability to identify patterns, formulas, and see things with that most people cannot recognize.  Then the ablity to develop strategies to correct these to improve and maximize results, and good enough at it to be well, WELL, paid for it. 

You’re better off listening to what I say than trying to fuckin argue with me and agitate me, as you’ve already lost doing that.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #122 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 10:07:35 AM Eastern »

Looks like you got your wish, GMBetaMale : One less real man, one less good contract, more mistakes, higher scores and more woman’s rules-faggot hockey.

Unless of course, this is just a paperwork move while something else is done, but I strongly question GMBetaMales ability to do that.

Maacoshark

« Reply #123 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 10:38:06 AM Eastern »

We all know about the waiver ramifications. Answer this question. Let's say none of our dmen are waiver exempt. So when Niskanen and Orpik return. Who gets sent down? My guess is that it would be Lewington anyway.
     There are a couple of other options in that scenario.
     So your argument isnt 100 % accurate. I think what DC is really saying is that Lewington isnt in their long term plans. And I would agree with that. He only got called up because of injuries to 3 of our dmen and he was next in line. Once he is sent down he may not ever get another chance here because we do have other defense prospects that are more likely candidates to be in the Caps long-term plans.
    One thing on his side is that they dont have as much depth on the right side. Hobbs is about the only other guy. But they also might play a left handed dman on his wrong side. Which is what the Caps did before the injuries. They had Djoos playing the right hand side in the 3rd pair.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #124 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 10:59:47 AM Eastern »
   We all know about the waiver ramifications. Answer this question. Let's say none of our dmen are waiver exempt. So when Niskanen and Orpik return. Who gets sent down? My guess is that it would be Lewington anyway.
     There are a couple of other options in that scenario.
     So your argument isnt 100 % accurate. I think what DC is really saying is that Lewington isnt in their long term plans. And I would agree with that. He only got called up because of injuries to 3 of our dmen and he was next in line. Once he is sent down he may not ever get another chance here because we do have other defense prospects that are more likely candidates to be in the Caps long-term plans.
    One thing on his side is that they dont have as much depth on the right side. Hobbs is about the only other guy. But they also might play a left handed dman on his wrong side. Which is what the Caps did before the injuries. They had Djoos playing the right hand side in the 3rd pair.

I wouldn’t say “long term plan”, it’s marketing and ideology.

The Caps inflexiblity of this ideology in their roster is only exasperating weakness and not addressing them.  Sending a kid that has already put performed the other D, who also has a good contract, down just proves that.

On the bright side. as soft,powderpuff, and injury probe  as this Dcorps is,  they’ll be plenty more of them on the IR soon

Maacoshark

« Reply #125 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 11:04:59 AM Eastern »
I wouldn’t say “long term plan”, it’s marketing and ideology.

The Caps inflexiblity of this ideology in their roster is only exasperating weakness and not addressing them.  Sending a kid that has already put performed the other D, who also has a good contract, down just proves that.

On the bright side. as soft,powderpuff, and injury probe  as this Dcorps is,  they’ll be plenty more of them on the IR soon
    OK how is about long term marketing plan.

Maacoshark

« Reply #126 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 11:16:31 AM Eastern »
      I just want to point out that there are other options than sending Lewington back down. One is sending Siegenthaler back down. I'm pretty sure he is waiver exempt. Another could be to send a veteran like Orpik down. A 3rd option but less likely would be to send a forward down and go with 8 dmen.
    There is no reason we can't keep Lewington as a 7th dman. There is no law that our 7th dman has be left handed.
     With Orpik returning it is looking like we are going with 2 left dmen on the 3rd pair today.
So much for Reirden rewarding players for their performance.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #127 on: Monday December 31, 2018, 01:19:37 PM Eastern »
      I just want to point out that there are other options than sending Lewington back down. One is sending Siegenthaler back down. I'm pretty sure he is waiver exempt. Another could be to send a veteran like Orpik down. A 3rd option but less likely would be to send a forward down and go with 8 dmen.
    There is no reason we can't keep Lewington as a 7th dman. There is no law that our 7th dman has be left handed.
     With Orpik returning it is looking like we are going with 2 left dmen on the 3rd pair today.
So much for Reirden rewarding players for their performance.
Exactly, but it probably is just as much GMBetaMale.

This move is just ridiculous and serves as expample of the over-confidence, in there effeminate ideology and their contract mismanagement