Author Topic: Some Good News  (Read 15335 times)

Offline PUCKNRUSH

Re: Some Good News
« Reply #40 on: Friday December 14, 2018, 01:36:05 AM Eastern »
Yeah, we’ve been playing some GREAT pond hockey right now.  As long as we keep pressing Up,Up,Down,Down,Left,Right,Left,Right,B,A,Select,Start at the title screen well be unstoppable!

Hell I bet Eller would tear up the 20-30yo league at the Gaithersburg ice rink.

Ok DC, I will admit to a getting a good chuckle from the Eller bash in the Gaithersburg rink! Props!
I like Eller a lot, but that was fuckin funny!👍😆

It’s one of our few disagreements. (Memory is a little fuzzy, but I do believe that the last time we got together and talked about Eller, we slammed a shot of Tito’s, and agreed to disagree)!!🥃🥃😂😂

Eller and Stephenson are BOTH in a shooting slump.  I actually believe that Stephenson probably has a better shot than Eller, in general!

Ellers job is quite secure, however, compared to Stephenson. They are the only two right now who have a higher number of face off wins, than face off losses. Dowd is even, and everyone else has negative numbers for FOW/FOL. (Sorry, I forgot, Backy is also about even).

Eller also has the BEST takeaway/giveaway ratio on the team! This stat is a VERY meaningful stat, unlike some other analytics. It directly takes possession from an opponent, stopping any potential production for that possession, and immediately 180’s the situation, giving us possession, and an added chance for potential production.

Those players, league wide, who maintain positive numbers in this statistic, will always have the coaches attention, and rightly so.
Eller, or his line, may or may not score as a result of his takeaways, but oft times, that takeaway can occur just before, or during a line change, which can certainly create good chances!

Additionally, I echo Blacks comment, on his invaluable PK work. What he doesn’t takeaway, many times, he simply disrupts the opponents plans, in our zone.

Yes, he’s not a fighter. and Marchand embarrassed him. Ok...he paid his penance in blood! I wish he would fight sometimes. He probably won’t, but I’ll take the hustle, work ethic, and puck possession he brings to our team, everytime.

Rush

Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #41 on: Friday December 14, 2018, 05:00:51 PM Eastern »

Not that I don't mind seeing Siegenthaler and Bowey,  but what the hell happened to Djoos?? 

Isabelle KhurshudyanVerified account @ikhurshudyan5 hours ago

Reirden said Djoos will be out “a while.” Wasn’t ready to say it’s season-ending, but added that it’ll be “substantial number of weeks” before we see him again. Had complications from injury on Thursday and had to get surgery.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #42 on: Friday December 14, 2018, 06:02:49 PM Eastern »

Ok DC, I will admit to a getting a good chuckle from the Eller bash in the Gaithersburg rink! Props!
I like Eller a lot, but that was fuckin funny!👍😆

It’s one of our few disagreements. (Memory is a little fuzzy, but I do believe that the last time we got together and talked about Eller, we slammed a shot of Tito’s, and agreed to disagree)!!🥃🥃😂😂

Eller and Stephenson are BOTH in a shooting slump.  I actually believe that Stephenson probably has a better shot than Eller, in general!

Ellers job is quite secure, however, compared to Stephenson. They are the only two right now who have a higher number of face off wins, than face off losses. Dowd is even, and everyone else has negative numbers for FOW/FOL. (Sorry, I forgot, Backy is also about even).

Eller also has the BEST takeaway/giveaway ratio on the team! This stat is a VERY meaningful stat, unlike some other analytics. It directly takes possession from an opponent, stopping any potential production for that possession, and immediately 180’s the situation, giving us possession, and an added chance for potential production.

Those players, league wide, who maintain positive numbers in this statistic, will always have the coaches attention, and rightly so.
Eller, or his line, may or may not score as a result of his takeaways, but oft times, that takeaway can occur just before, or during a line change, which can certainly create good chances!

Additionally, I echo Blacks comment, on his invaluable PK work. What he doesn’t takeaway, many times, he simply disrupts the opponents plans, in our zone.

Yes, he’s not a fighter. and Marchand embarrassed him. Ok...he paid his penance in blood! I wish he would fight sometimes. He probably won’t, but I’ll take the hustle, work ethic, and puck possession he brings to our team, everytime.

Rush

I don't have a problem with Eller either.  I thought he was always a little under rated and certainly gets bashed on these boards.  Not expecting him to be a fighter or a 30 goal guy (or an assist machine like Backy), but he contributes in other ways.  He does hustle and works hard.  Not as physical as I would like, but who the hell is.  He is effective in a grinder role, without the grit.
I will say his Fucking stupid penalties have to stop.  He has been a moron in that department this year.

He is effective in his role as 3rd line center, earning a reasonable salary for that position.  Good at the PK (when he's not the moron in the box)

my 2 cents anyway.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK