Talk about Capitals hockey & more! > General Discusion Anything But Hockey

today's horseshit for Rich

<< < (3/158) > >>

richkrt99:
Figured this thread was as good as any....

Saw this article (Dan Rosen - NHL) about "Bearkowski"

Do you think the Washington Capitals can entertain an Andre Burakovsky trade? He's underperforming and has a $3 million NHL salary cap charge. Maybe they can shore up their backup goalie position? -- @GLaSnoST9
I understand the frustration with Burakovsky's listless performance this season with zero points and seven shots on goal through eight games. I understand the question about trading the forward to free up that salary cap room and boost the backup goalie position. But I wouldn't be so quick to give up on a 23-year-old forward who has physical gifts, including size (6-foot-3), and has produced in big spots in the past. If they tried to trade Burakovsky now they'd be selling low. The Capitals don't have to get a new backup goalie yet. Pheonix Copley has played in two games, started one. He has an .873 save percentage and 4.04 GAA. Braden Holtby isn't much better in his seven games with a .885 save percentage and 3.46 GAA. He's allowed four or more goals in three of his seven starts. Maybe the Capitals need to help their goalies more. I'd wait, give Burakovsky some more time to see what he can do, but all the while do my homework if I was general manager Brian MacLellan to see what the market is for him. He's a restricted free agent after the season and he'd need to be qualified by the Capitals at $3 million. That could be too high of a price tag for a player who is not producing, which means Washington could risk losing him for nothing. He'd become an unrestricted free agent if they don't qualify him. That's not going to fly, so a trade might eventually be in the offing, even if it means they sell low.

My two cents:  I am about done with Bura....too much time given for a guy that is going to end up another Alexander Semin.  It sucks cause Bura does have some size and certainly skills, he just can't seem to get out of his own head.
Trade him now and his value is low, but waiting til next season gives you nothing.
And I would trade for a big body bruising kind of grinder, not another backup goalie.  Give Bura till the 10 game mark and then ship him off.  Walker at least shows some hustle and Jaskin seems to play with an edge.  (Pretty much what Devise said)

DC_1908:

--- Quote from: richkrt99 on Wednesday October 24, 2018, 12:58:13 PM Eastern ---Figured this thread was as good as any....

Saw this article (Dan Rosen - NHL) about "Bearkowski"

Do you think the Washington Capitals can entertain an Andre Burakovsky trade? He's underperforming and has a $3 million NHL salary cap charge. Maybe they can shore up their backup goalie position? -- @GLaSnoST9
I understand the frustration with Burakovsky's listless performance this season with zero points and seven shots on goal through eight games. I understand the question about trading the forward to free up that salary cap room and boost the backup goalie position. But I wouldn't be so quick to give up on a 23-year-old forward who has physical gifts, including size (6-foot-3), and has produced in big spots in the past. If they tried to trade Burakovsky now they'd be selling low. The Capitals don't have to get a new backup goalie yet. Pheonix Copley has played in two games, started one. He has an .873 save percentage and 4.04 GAA. Braden Holtby isn't much better in his seven games with a .885 save percentage and 3.46 GAA. He's allowed four or more goals in three of his seven starts. Maybe the Capitals need to help their goalies more. I'd wait, give Burakovsky some more time to see what he can do, but all the while do my homework if I was general manager Brian MacLellan to see what the market is for him. He's a restricted free agent after the season and he'd need to be qualified by the Capitals at $3 million. That could be too high of a price tag for a player who is not producing, which means Washington could risk losing him for nothing. He'd become an unrestricted free agent if they don't qualify him. That's not going to fly, so a trade might eventually be in the offing, even if it means they sell low.

My two cents:  I am about done with Bura....too much time given for a guy that is going to end up another Alexander Semin.  It sucks cause Bura does have some size and certainly skills, he just can't seem to get out of his own head.
Trade him now and his value is low, but waiting til next season gives you nothing.
And I would trade for a big body bruising kind of grinder, not another backup goalie.  Give Bura till the 10 game mark and then ship him off.  Walker at least shows some hustle and Jaskin seems to play with an edge.  (Pretty much what Devise said)

--- End quote ---
This is about years late but, oh well. 

I think most GMs would of moved him and certainly not extended him, by now, but we are talking about a popular player on the Caps so here we are.

About the only chance in hell he gets traded is if he becomes unpopular with The Caps target demographics (soccer-moms and 12yos), and not be in line with the “keep the band together” marketing strategy

alta:
If Bura hasn't blossomed yet here, I seriously doubt he will. Time move him. Maybe he will blossom somewhere else. It happens every now and then.

alta:
but ....

Mickstix:
Is it tomorrow yet? No? K, thanks..  :poop: lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version