Author Topic: GDT#5 Maple Leafs @ Capitals 7:00pm Sat Oct 13, 2018 NBCSWA, NHLN-US, CBC  (Read 20432 times)

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
Re: GDT#5 Maple Leafs @ Capitals 7:00pm Sat Oct 13, 2018 NBCSWA, NHLN-US, CBC
« Reply #80 on: Saturday October 13, 2018, 11:20:32 PM Eastern »
I know it's painful but you never did the scoring summery for the last fiasco

I was thinking about that just after tonight's game. I plan on getting it done.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #81 on: Sunday October 14, 2018, 05:56:01 PM Eastern »
I was at the game last night.

The entire game turned on the Toronto PP where they held Eller's stick when he had the chance to clear, and nothing was called.  The 3rd Toronto goal was an immediate result.  Then we put on the pressure but couldn't get anything by Anderson, and the predictable result, we get caught on the other end for the 4th goal.  But losing 3-2 and losing 4-2 isn't any different.

Believe it or not, Burakovsky was one of the better Caps' forwards last night.  He is one who can skate with Toronto and last night's game was his type of game.  But he had nothing to show for it.  He just seems to be this guy who goes through these spells where he gets no production whether he's playing poorly or playing well (and I admit, he does a lot of both.)  Then he'll get in a spell where things start to go in for him.  Who knows?  I will say that the guy who looks discombobulated thus far this season is Eller.  I think the Caps switched Stephenson and Connolly to reunite the Bura/Eller/Connolly line and hopefully get them going.

Toronto reminds me a lot of the Caps from 10 years ago.  They want to push the play and they do get caught up ice.  They now have the top center combo in the league -- I mean, that is two #1 draft choices there, and two CLEAR #1's in their draft years.  But I don't know, come playoff time, if they have the team balance to get it done.  A deadline addition on defense is probably critical for them.

I suspect you are going to see a lot of ebb and flow in the Caps' game this season, especially if they fall out of contention for the Metro Division and are playing for a lower playoff seed.  It's like the recent Penguins -- they have trouble concentrating early in the season and have gotten some ugly outcomes as a result.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #82 on: Monday October 15, 2018, 06:13:11 PM Eastern »
     Wtf are you talking about? Hate to say it but Carlson has been by far our best defence man. He has actually been our best defensive defenseman.
   He was matched up against Matthews most of the game and did a good job against him. Matthews line didnt score with Carlson on the ice. The other 2 pairing were on the ice. Carlson is the least of our worries yet you continue to rip him.
    Try ripping on the players that deserve it.

I swear Maako, I think folks are just messing with you now. (I know I was previously)
But seriously dude....anybody so much as frowns towards Carlson and you have to pick up and defend him.  Lighten up...I think the jackasses (self included here) on this board are just messing with you now cause you so touchy about him.

I can't comment on this game as I have yet to watch it.  Stupid freaking Dish network DVR'd it on the NHL channel I don't have instead of the sports package channel I DO have.  I did record it last night on a replay but have not watched it yet.
I'll be sure to bust on Dylan tomorrow for you :-)

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Maacoshark

« Reply #83 on: Monday October 15, 2018, 09:15:11 PM Eastern »

I swear Maako, I think folks are just messing with you now. (I know I was previously)
But seriously dude....anybody so much as frowns towards Carlson and you have to pick up and defend him.  Lighten up...I think the jackasses (self included here) on this board are just messing with you now cause you so touchy about him.

I can't comment on this game as I have yet to watch it.  Stupid freaking Dish network DVR'd it on the NHL channel I don't have instead of the sports package channel I DO have.  I did record it last night on a replay but have not watched it yet.
I'll be sure to bust on Dylan tomorrow for you :-)
     Absolutely these guys are trying to get under my skin. That's OK. It would be pretty boring if nothing like that happened.
     Funny thing is that I wasnt a Carlson fan. I started defending him when I saw people trashing him and now he is growing on me. Im impressed with the improvement in his game. He had a great season last year and is playing well so far this year.
     The guy I actually was excited about was Orlov but that's wearing off. I thought he would be our number 1 by now. He is decent and sometimes shows signs of brilliance.