Author Topic: GDT#1 Bruins @ Capitals Wed 7:30pm Oct. 3, 2018 NBCSN, TVAS  (Read 35352 times)

Offline Pavel095

Re: GDT#1 Bruins @ Capitals Wed Oct. 3, 2018 NBCSN, TVAS
« Reply #140 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 12:58:09 AM Eastern »
   I think Kuzy will score more points than Ovie this year.

What a fantastic match! I especially enjoyed it by watching it from Boston  :rofl:
I would say that Ovi will score more points this season because now there is no Cup pressure on him and additionaly he is very inspired after becoming a father!

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #141 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 06:17:39 AM Eastern »

DC .. will STFU about your hardon for goons.  Eller has never been fighter and he saved our ass last year when he filled in for Nicky and Kuzie and did great when he did so.
IYou don’t have to be a goon not get embarrassed on national TV with blood dripping down your face by a short middleweight at best after taunting  and showboating.

That was just humiliating.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #142 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 06:28:31 AM Eastern »
   DC might be too in love with his goons but right now this team doesnt have much toughness without Wilson. Orpik is now our tough guy. Who would be next in line. I hate to say it but we might have to call up LOB for that reason.
Even before Wilson got suspended this was issue. “Goon” or not, it is a glaring weakness to be exploited by other teams that can have  detrimental eff ct’s.

LOB and even Walker will fight anyone (even if they don’t fair well), but that won’t be enough to keep teams from targeting, running, and jumping us.

Offline BlackIce

« Reply #143 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 06:46:10 AM Eastern »
Exactly WHO got embarrassed on national TV last night?

I thought there was a hockey game in there somewhere -- though it wasn't much of a game.

The Bruins looked slow, and most importantly, their goalies looked slow.  Slow is not a good description for a goalie to have in this day and age.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #144 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 08:48:35 AM Eastern »
Exactly WHO got embarrassed on national TV last night?

I thought there was a hockey game in there somewhere -- though it wasn't much of a game.

The Bruins looked slow, and most importantly, their goalies looked slow.  Slow is not a good description for a goalie to have in this day and age.
Really? You don't call THIS embarrassing? 

What do call it then?  Assault? Harassment? Toxic Masculinity? Its ok to showboat and you shouldn't be punished for it, because . . .pistachio?  Or Mr Bettman doesn't like fighting so its ok if you loose and the other guy is just a dumb meanie?

We scored a few goals on a fired up night. . .so what?  Boston had an off night and we took advantage of it, then Eller showboated talked shit, and then got embarrassed and stitches..  All conduct on our side was unclassy, effeminate, and embarrassing.  So your'e gonna hid behind "the new NHL" crap excuse all of that for a couple goals?

This is a long way from over, running up the score and showboating on a team that can bully us even with Willie in the line up was not a good idea.

Maacoshark

« Reply #145 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 09:08:30 AM Eastern »
Really? You don't call THIS embarrassing? 

What do call it then?  Assault? Harassment? Toxic Masculinity? Its ok to showboat and you shouldn't be punished for it, because . . .pistachio?  Or Mr Bettman doesn't like fighting so its ok if you loose and the other guy is just a dumb meanie?

We scored a few goals on a fired up night. . .so what?  Boston had an off night and we took advantage of it, then Eller showboated talked shit, and then got embarrassed and stitches..  All conduct on our side was unclassy, effeminate, and embarrassing.  So your'e gonna hid behind "the new NHL" crap excuse all of that for a couple goals?

This is a long way from over, running up the score and showboating on a team that can bully us even with Willie in the line up was not a good idea.
      Losing a fight is one thing but getting destroyed by a guy quite a bit smaller than him is embarrassing. We dont have many tough guys on our team. With Wilson gone for 20 games we really have no one. Everyone is going to see what happened to Eller and teams might exploit that. I think we should call up LOB as soon as possible.
    BTW I dont think Eller was taunting the Bruins he didnt even look towards their bench until someone from the Bruins bench started chirping. It was just a stupid celebration. There is no need to celebrate like that on a goal to make it 7 to 0.

Offline justwincaps

• Advanced Member
« Reply #146 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 09:47:28 AM Eastern »
I can't believe anyone really thinks Lars Eller was taunting Boston.  The irony is that taunting someone while up 7-0 is a POS move that Marchand would totally do. 

But good God Lars, getting your ass handed to you by Marchand?  Wan't his last fight the slapping-fest with Ribiero?

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #147 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 09:50:14 AM Eastern »
      Losing a fight is one thing but getting destroyed by a guy quite a bit smaller than him is embarrassing. We dont have many tough guys on our team. With Wilson gone for 20 games we really have no one. Everyone is going to see what happened to Eller and teams might exploit that. I think we should call up LOB as soon as possible.
    BTW I dont think Eller was taunting the Bruins he didnt even look towards their bench until someone from the Bruins bench started chirping. It was just a stupid celebration. There is no need to celebrate like that on a goal to make it 7 to 0.
Damn right!!!!!  This as an easy exploitable weakness

Shocker though:  Pelusos gone, Zac Sills gone, which leaves LOB, Lewington, and maybe Hobbs has the only ones in Hershey that could probably win an NHL fight or provide a modicum of protection against this. . .

In hockey:  "Get Woke,. Get Broke"!    good job GMBetaMale

Maacoshark

« Reply #148 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 10:38:11 AM Eastern »
Damn right!!!!!  This as an easy exploitable weakness

Shocker though:  Pelusos gone, Zac Sills gone, which leaves LOB, Lewington, and maybe Hobbs has the only ones in Hershey that could probably win an NHL fight or provide a modicum of protection against this. . .

In hockey:  "Get Woke,. Get Broke"!    good job GMBetaMale
    Maybe we could try Djoos as our tough guy.

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
« Reply #149 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 11:09:11 AM Eastern »
    Maybe we could try Djoos as our tough guy.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Djoos vs Eller grudge match! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline HoustonCapsFan

• Third Coast Hockey Fan
« Reply #150 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 12:26:44 PM Eastern »
Great game.  Pissed that I missed it but my son had a football game.  My phone was going nuts with the score updates!

Offline dpf1971

• Advanced Member
« Reply #151 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 02:23:27 PM Eastern »
Even before Wilson got suspended this was issue. “Goon” or not, it is a glaring weakness to be exploited by other teams that can have  detrimental eff ct’s.

LOB and even Walker will fight anyone (even if they don’t fair well), but that won’t be enough to keep teams from targeting, running, and jumping us.

While I'm not saying it doesn't happen, last night was not something Boston initiated.  They didn't take a run at us or jump us when it was 4-0, 5-0, or even 6-0.  They did it when Eller skated past their bench celebrating our 7th goal.  That was not only stupid, its not how Caps play and sadly Eller forgot that and paid for it.  He should be thankful it wasn't Millar much less Chara sending the message.  And while you put his size aside, remember that while Marchand is a rat, he's a rat that has stuck up for himself a number of times; ie he is far from being new to fighting like Eller is.  But what we need is intelligent players and a balanced team.  Guys like Evander Kane are perfect examples - maybe not as much a tough-guy as Tom but while still scoring goals knowing when to drop the gloves.

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #152 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 06:11:11 PM Eastern »
I predict that the Rat Marchand get's his on January 10th.

:pointdown:
                            :b:

LOL
I just came across this article. Read the last sentence. The author said exactly what I said in my post above.
I can't wait until January 10th.

https://deadspin.com/were-one-game-into-the-season-and-brad-marchand-is-alre-1829519585

We're One Game Into The Season And Brad Marchand Is Already Being A Prick

Lauren TheisenToday 9:47am   Filed to: brad marchand

"The defending champion Capitals rained righteous hellfire on the Boston Bruins Wednesday night, crushing them 7-0 in front of a celebratory crowd in their season opener. The Bruins are a bunch of ornery bastards when they’re up 7-0, but when Caps center Lars Eller picked up the last of his team’s goals midway through the third, star winger Brad Marchand—he of the licking controversy in last year’s playoffs—just totally lost control.
At a pretty random moment with about six minutes remaining, Marchand decided to go after Eller with his fists. Eller doesn’t fight and really just threw a couple of courtesy punches, but Marchand went off, leaving Eller with a trail of blood running down the side of his face thanks to a couple of hard blows.
Oh. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. What is this, baseball? You’re going to endanger a opponent’s well-being because he was happy that he scored? I can’t believe this even needs to be said, but if Brad Marchand is so mad about another team being happy that they’re up 7-0 on a banner-raising night at home, maybe he and the Bruins shouldn’t suck so much that they need to worry about that situation at all.

Anyway, Capitals-Bruins rematch is on Jan. 10. And yeah, Tom Wilson’s suspension will be done by then."
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #153 on: Thursday October 04, 2018, 07:22:49 PM Eastern »
The little rat is actually a pretty good fighter.  Maybe Eller had it coming for the celebration, but at least now we get to see what kind of revenge we take when we play them next.  I know, besides Wilson there is nobody capable of giving the rat what he deserves....

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT#1 Bruins @ Capitals Wed 7:30pm Oct. 3, 2018 NBCSN, TVAS
« Reply #154 on: Thursday October 11, 2018, 03:59:55 PM Eastern »
Great Game

I'm BORED :wackysmile:
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK