Author Topic: Say it aint so, Nate!! (suspended for doping)  (Read 8018 times)

Offline DC_1908

• Chairman of the Boards
  • Global Moderator
  • Hockey Deity
Re: Say it aint so, Nate!! (suspended for doping)
« Reply #20 on: Friday September 07, 2018, 01:31:20 PM Eastern »

Hey DC! Pretty deep analysis, there, buddy! (Wouldn’t expect any less, coming from you).
Your brain, and the built-in sequencer on my studio synthesizer, share some kinda commonality!! I just can’t quite put my finger on it yet! LOL (props to ya).  This is the kind of conversation we should have over a couple of cigars in “the lounge”!  Of course, alcohol is mandatory, as well!👍

Between Ozzie’s good post, and your expansion on it,  it got me thinking a little bit about suspensions and discipline and money, and some light-hearted pokes at some “rule change” possibilities! (Ok, add in some off season boredom too)!!

So, if a Player that is suspended for a number of games, misses those number of games, and doesn’t get paid, of course, then what is suffered by the player as punishment? It sounds more tit for tat, and non-punishing to me! He doesn’t play/He doesn’t get paid.......SIMPLE!

Hell, for half of these NHL guys, that’s just a little mid-season vacay! How about making a rule that they MUST PLAY in those suspension games....GRATIS!! And as a deterrent to any bad attitude arising from the player, during this “freebie” time, any penalty he receives carries DOUBLE MINUTES, OR, are all considered MAJORS, OR, are both dbl. minutes AND majors! Coach would have to be required to play the guy, for at least half of his average TOI, otherwise head coach may simply sit him on bench!(Just some summer doldrums shit to consider)! LOL

I say, as an old schooler, of course, that there’s no way you could truly implement any of this stuff with these progressively softer suspension rules nowadays! But imagine the repressed “heat” that would’ve built up in the minds of guys like Probert or Berube, after having to hold their tempers for a few “freebie” games, back in the day!!  The next game or two, for them, after the suspensions.....well, now THAT would make for some truly gritty-ass hockey!!😂. (Compare that to your “entertainment dollar” hockey, that you’ve mentioned in the recent past, just a time or two)!!🤣😂
I know bro, that’s another cigar conversation!!👍

Hopefully sooner than later, DC!

Rush
hehehe Thanks Bro!   Lady’s on the road for business but i’ll shoot you a text and we’ll work something out

Offline OurLadyOfPatience

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #21 on: Friday September 07, 2018, 08:52:40 PM Eastern »
hehehe Thanks Bro!   Lady’s on the road for business but i’ll shoot you a text and we’ll work something out

Looking for someone to monitor DC while I’m out of town, applicants desires.
Impossible to kill; many have tried, all have failed.

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #22 on: Friday September 07, 2018, 09:47:23 PM Eastern »
Cool!👍
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline PUCKNRUSH

« Reply #23 on: Friday September 07, 2018, 09:53:29 PM Eastern »

Looking for someone to monitor DC while I’m out of town, applicants desires.

Hey Lady!!
Now, now, you know we’ll be good boys!
Progressively evolving to SHIT-FACED, good boys.......But good boys nonetheless!!😂😂😂

Rush
Always hopeful, yet discontent -
He knows CHANGES aren’t permanent -
              BUT CHANGE IS!!!

RUSH - from “Tom Sawyer”

Offline Ozzies09tc

« Reply #24 on: Friday September 14, 2018, 03:42:05 AM Eastern »
One day, in the next few years, i will make it to DC for a caps game and meet you all.

Ill stick out like a sore thumb.

The gf and i will be in blues gear :)
you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just
because some watery tart threw a sword at you