Author Topic: GDT R3G7 Capitals @ Lightning 2018-05-23 8:00pm EST NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS  (Read 63951 times)

Offline Beaglefan2

• Advanced Member
Re: GDT R3G7 Capitals @ Lightning 2018-05-23 8:00pm EST NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS
« Reply #280 on: Thursday May 24, 2018, 03:29:17 PM Eastern »

My wife was wearing her Wilson home jersey, screaming at him during the fight with Coburn to "HIT 'EM" - and I'm thinking, what happened to the loving mother of three girls I married?    Caps fever, baby, ..... Caps fever.

Good one.  Just hope she never turns on you!

Offline ArJunaZ

• ♂ ☺n Probation!
  • Administrator
  • Hockey Deity
  • What's Ghey Pride?
« Reply #281 on: Thursday May 24, 2018, 04:30:57 PM Eastern »
LOL.  I was just watching some kid in a video that couldn't be more than 20 years old or so losing his mind saying "we've been waiting for this for 20 years".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/05/23/capitals-fans-unleash-the-joy-i-want-to-high-five-everyone-in-here-right-now/?utm_term=.aa99e5c2427c

Remember to turn off JavaScript or you won't be able to read the page without paying now.
Be careful what you ask for America; you just might get it.

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #282 on: Thursday May 24, 2018, 05:18:45 PM Eastern »
Hi all!  Happy Stanley Cup Final!!!

Missed out on the thread because I was delayed watching the game due to a family emergency.

Team defense again.  Taking care of the crease and Wilson stepping up.  What a game!

4 more wins!  4 more wins!  4 more wins!

Hope all is okay?

What an amazing feeling.
Yup,  4 more to go, but right now it feels good.

As good as this game was, I think the last game - game 6 - was possibly the best game I've ever seen the Caps play.    8)

I'm with you all in spirit!

Any updates on our injured guys?
I am

Maacoshark

« Reply #283 on: Thursday May 24, 2018, 07:47:26 PM Eastern »
I don't see at this point how ANYONE can not have great respect for ALL our D-men. They have been an awesome shutdown defense and to be fair we have seen few mistakes made. And the mistakes they make seem to serve as lessons and they don't make them repeatedly.  Don't forget that we've been playing the best the league has and killing it on defense. 7-0 in the last two games of the conference final against the most potent offense in the league this season when they were in their most desperate hours.  I'd say all of them are now officially shutdown guys, even the youngster Djoos.  They got us to the final, passing through the Columbus, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. The last two have explosive offense and we frustrated the heck out of both of them almost every game, even the ones we lost.

It takes just one weak link in the postseason and your chances are not good. I have nothing but praise for all of them. Sure, I get upset when one of them occasionally gets beat, but realistically I don't forget we have the best of the best trying to outwit, outplay, and outthink us, coming up with new tricks each game.

It's going to be a huge thrill to watch the finals against the Cinderella team.  I especially can't wait to see our guys up against Nate Schmidt. I still can't believe we let that boy go. He was so obviously a superstar in the making since we first got him and saw him on the ice. I knew it would be either him or possibly Grubauer that the Knights would snatch up. I would have left Orlov exposed as he had less chance of being snatched up and I always thought Nate was the more skilled player. Don't get me wrong. I like Orlv too.  The league gave the Knights far too many choices, which has become apparent.
   They are playing very well right now. The dcore peaked at the right time. Although our defensive system includes our forwards too.

Offline OurLadyOfPatience

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #284 on: Thursday May 24, 2018, 09:54:54 PM Eastern »

My wife was wearing her Wilson home jersey, screaming at him during the fight with Coburn to "HIT 'EM" - and I'm thinking, what happened to the loving mother of three girls I married?    Caps fever, baby, ..... Caps fever.

I need to meet your wife, she’s like the sister I never had!
GET EM WHIP!
Impossible to kill; many have tried, all have failed.

Offline RavenCp

« Reply #285 on: Thursday May 24, 2018, 10:17:52 PM Eastern »
LOL.  I was just watching some kid in a video that couldn't be more than 20 years old or so losing his mind saying "we've been waiting for this for 20 years".

I was expecting it at 2009 when I joined. So only 9 and nothing is guaranteed.

Offline OldHat

• King Jackass
  • Hockey Deity
  • One Foot in the Grave
« Reply #286 on: Friday May 25, 2018, 12:08:02 PM Eastern »

Hope all is okay?

What an amazing feeling.
Yup,  4 more to go, but right now it feels good.

As good as this game was, I think the last game - game 6 - was possibly the best game I've ever seen the Caps play.    8)

I'm with you all in spirit!

Any updates on our injured guys?

Thanks it will be.  My mum is in the hospital but everything looks like it's going to be okay.
What's up babes...

Offline Surreylily

• I can start fire with two hard drives
  • Hockey Deity
  • Pond Jumper
« Reply #287 on: Friday May 25, 2018, 01:30:10 PM Eastern »

Thanks it will be.  My mum is in the hospital but everything looks like it's going to be okay.

Sending you big hugs and lots of love.  :hearts:
I am