Author Topic: Humboldt Broncos  (Read 3077 times)

Maacoshark

Humboldt Broncos
« on: Monday April 09, 2018, 08:24:13 PM Eastern »
  Surprised no one has started a thread about this. I'm sure you all know about the Humboldt Broncos bus accident and that there was 15 fatalities and 13 injured. It is a sad day for the hockey world.
   The accident is still under investigation. The only thing I know about the intersection where the accident occurred was that there is a stop sign for traffic heading east or west. Not sure if weather or icy road conditions played apart in the accident.
   This is the 2nd accident in Saskatchewan involving a junior hockey team bus. In 1986 the Swift Current junior team bus lost control and hit the ditch killing 4 members. That team was also the Broncos. A couple players in that bus accident went on to play in the NHL.

Offline 4 Caps

Re: Humboldt Broncos
« Reply #1 on: Monday April 09, 2018, 09:33:57 PM Eastern »
My heart and prayers go out to all the famlies of the players involved.  What a tragedy.  Still have not read any details of the accident.  Hope the bus driver was not at fault.

Maacoshark

« Reply #2 on: Monday April 09, 2018, 10:10:07 PM Eastern »
My heart and prayers go out to all the famlies of the players involved.  What a tragedy.  Still have not read any details of the accident.  Hope the bus driver was not at fault.
   I highly doubt it was the bus drivers fault. Pretty sure the truck had a stop sign. The police still aren't saying anything accept they are still investigating.
    Apparently one of the injured players was released from hospital.

Offline HoustonCapsFan

• Third Coast Hockey Fan
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday April 10, 2018, 11:14:09 AM Eastern »
I have been looking for more details about the accident as well and am surprised that none have been released.  Here is one article.  It looks like the semi was likely at fault.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/humboldt-broncos-crash-site-intersection-1.4610707

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday April 11, 2018, 08:01:37 PM Eastern »

Bus vs semi..  :( I thought they must of been hit by a train or something to kill/injure so many, but a Semi will also do it.. Did the semi driver die too?

Again, prayers to all involved.

Offline HoustonCapsFan

• Third Coast Hockey Fan
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday April 11, 2018, 08:21:45 PM Eastern »
The Semi driver survived according to a report I read. 

Maacoshark

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday April 11, 2018, 08:40:12 PM Eastern »
Bus vs semi..  :( I thought they must of been hit by a train or something to kill/injure so many, but a Semi will also do it.. Did the semi driver die too?

Again, prayers to all involved.
     The bus actually t-boned the trailer. The truck itself didn't get hit. The trucking company which is from Calgary has been suspended. I think the company is rather new and the driver is young and inexperienced.

Offline OurLadyOfPatience

• Global Moderator
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday April 12, 2018, 07:01:41 PM Eastern »
For any interested in supporting them Violent Gentlemen is selling shirts & also recommending the GoFundMe.

For those that may not yet be aware, a deadly bus accident that occurred on April 6th in Canada's Saskatchewan province tragically took the lives of 15 Humboldt junior hockey players and travelers associated with the team while heading to a game.

In an effort to contribute in some small way, we released the below t-shirt and hoodie, with all proceeds going to the families of those affected by this tragedy. The response by all of you has already far exceeded our wildest expectations.

We are so honored to be part of a community that supports each other in times of need. While we acknowledge that nothing can erase the pain and loss that's occurred, our hope is that our collective efforts will, in some way, help aid in the healing for the victims' families.

If you would like to pick one of these up, we'll be taking orders through Sunday. If you prefer to contribute directly to the GoFundMe campaign, please click here.

VG is one of DC & I’s favorite hockey brand shirts.
Impossible to kill; many have tried, all have failed.