Author Topic: GDT #9 Caps vs Islanders @ 7pm  (Read 19812 times)

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
Re: GDT #9 Caps vs Islanders @ 7pm
« Reply #60 on: Thursday November 02, 2023, 09:45:56 PM Eastern »
They've been down 2-0 in 6 of the 9 games played so far.  :rofl:

Offline waynerivers

« Reply #61 on: Friday November 03, 2023, 10:09:09 AM Eastern »
Real robust effort from our "Norris Trophy" d-man.  He's comical.  As for Oshie and Mantha, just release them.  Guys from Hershey have to be better.  Ovie on pace for 9 goals not counting empty netters which he shouldn't have too many of.  (You need to be ahead)

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #62 on: Friday November 03, 2023, 12:20:01 PM Eastern »
Im tellin ya, he's gonna have to play till he's 45 at this pace. I actually feel like he retires if he's not close at the end of 2026. Something's off in his game. He either said fuck it in the offseason and needs to play into shape, he's injured, or he's just out of gas. He's playing like Mantha.  :-(

Oshie needs to read the same tea leaves Nicky did.

I really hope this is a system/snake bit situation they're in, but these guys aren't even scaring goalies. 90% of the shots either miss or hit square in the chest pad. Nobody possesses top 6 caliber NHL skills at the moment. Strome maybe, but we know he'll cool off.

I felt like Carlson should of just let Kuemper try and handle the breakaway and cover the other guy. But they both played the puck and left him wide open.

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #63 on: Friday November 03, 2023, 04:07:55 PM Eastern »
I was thinking couple games ago...Don't these guys do any practice in the offseason?  They miss shots wide about 50% of the time.  I know they be sniping for corners and shit, but 50% off target is wonky for professional top level guys
And Oshie just looks bad at this point.  Him back checking after falling down is like....who is that guy and why is he so gassed and 40' behind everyone else?  He shouldn't be this exhausted and gassed 8-9 games into the season.

For skills competition - they gonna need oxygen rest stops half way round the rink in the fastest skater event for this team.
Who is our fastest skater at this point?

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK