Author Topic: GDT #77 Caps vs Rangers @ 1pm  (Read 9596 times)

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT #77 Caps vs Rangers @ 1pm
« Reply #20 on: Monday April 03, 2023, 11:52:19 AM Eastern »
If Philthy would wake up, they could actually catch the Caps.  Caps sure look like they've thrown it in.
Glad to see Strome score.  Caps have a lot riding on him in coming years (especially if they move Kuzy)
And Protas...he works pretty hard and he's only 22.  Fuck it; move Kuzy and give Protas 3C, let him play.

I really don't see next year being any different.  And if the Caps are really in rebuild mode...SHOULDN'T they move Kuzy (and Mantha of course)

I have liked Fever from day one, and Alexeyev too.  I'd definitely try and keep both and play them next year.  THe D core is pretty well set IMO.  Irwin can be your 7th D at a bargain basement price if you need him.

Oshie... Oof.  I think this is pretty much the future with him...maybe good for 50% of the games from here on.

FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline BlackIce

Re: GDT #77 Caps vs Rangers @ 1pm
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday April 04, 2023, 09:53:22 PM Eastern »
I believe, with Florida's just-completed regulation victory over Buffalo, that the Caps have been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.  There are now 8 teams in the conference with 87 or more standings points and 38 or more regulation/overtime wins.  If the Caps were to win their 5 remaining games in regulation or overtime they could accumulate 87 standings points, but only 37 regulation/overtime wins, which is the first pertinent tiebreaker.

Now it's just a matter of where they finish in the standings.