Author Topic: GDT #72 Caps vs Blue Jackets @ 7pm  (Read 9749 times)

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
Re: GDT #72 Caps vs Blue Jackets @ 7pm
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday March 22, 2023, 12:13:51 AM Eastern »
That was exciting…
To watch the Caps crap the bed after a dominant 1st
Not all his fault but some of that is on Lindy. He just goes down way too early and plays small. The top of the net is open way too often. He didn’t get much help but FFS you got to control a rebound now and then and sure as fuck cover the top third of the net on occasion.
I was a little worried about the young legs vs the old farts as the Caps let them back in but i honestly thought we had this one
What was Lindy’s GAA, like .75 or some shit
Oh…and Mantha will NEVER score another goal.  EVER
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday March 22, 2023, 09:38:08 AM Eastern »
Yea, D sucked, G sucked, and Mantha scored like 11 days ago, so he's probably done for the season.

Offline waynerivers

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday March 22, 2023, 12:28:28 PM Eastern »
I said recently that I thought the defense was rounding into shape.  I take it back.  I think I'd rather have Vanacek and Samsonov back, too.  If you look up "dumpster fire" it'll say "See Washington Capitals". :snicker:

Offline Mickstix

• Wait, Im the Redneck? Damn right! Fish on!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Fish On!
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday March 22, 2023, 06:19:23 PM Eastern »
I blame the goalie coach. I said as soon as we traded them away he'd break whoever we got, and sure enough as the season goes, so declines the goalies.. D sucks too, but it's sucked all year. lol

Offline richkrt99

• Oh, I'm the Hillbilly alrighty!
  • Hockey Deity
  • Bigger than yours!
« Reply #84 on: Thursday March 23, 2023, 10:03:46 AM Eastern »
You know a bad performance and lucky bounces are going to come now and then, but...

I just realized...this was against COLUMBUS!  Not that any team in the NHL can't beat another, but Columbus is the most anemic scoring team in the entire league with the exception of Chicago.

7 goals on 39 shots including OT is a .82 save percentage, which is horrific.
Any one of the goals on its own wasn't terrible (okay, one was bad IMO), but put them all together and this is a bad goalie performance

G1 - comes of a scrum in front and gets batted 5-hole - not blaming the goalie, but close em up.
G2 - bad angle shot from nearly the goal line and over the shoulder....this one I want back and I think is a good example of Lindy's weakness....he goes down so low to try and block crease passes that way too much net is exposed.  I see this game in and game out, and I can only imagine what professionals see in scouting him.
G3 - PPG, but a leaky one through the pads.  Not really faulting this one, but it would be nice to stop it
G4 - down the wing and over the shoulder - Lindy like a midget in net.  Bad goal
G5 - great cross ice pass so goalie was moving, but again, over the shoulder and in the net
G6 - Pass across the crease off the d-man right to a waiting Bluejacket - just a lucky bounce 
G7 - OT goals was 2 on 1 breakaway nicely played by Jackets so left Lindy hanging out to dry.  And Oshie made absolutely dumb pass that gave them the 2 on 1.
I don't expect Lindy (or anyone) to stop the OT winner 9/10 times so I don't blame him.  We dicked around with the puck for so long in OT like we were waiting for time to run out.  Frustrating to throw this game away.

Bad D is a team problem and seven goals allowed is not all on the goalie, but his job is to stop the puck...sometimes when everything else fails.  That just didn't happen enough.
This was a total team let down, and not blaming Lindy for the loss, but he failed as badly as anyone tonight, and it's the goalies job to save your bacon now and then.

I went back and looked it up...Columbus has scored 6 goals three times (twice in OT) this season.  Seven was the most they have scored this year.
They have scored 5 goals six times this year

Give Fucale the next start.  Season is over anyway.   Fuckers
FFS - HIT HIM!!!
SHOOT - THE - PUCK